Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Wa Mag/Tig
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm

Jason Taylor's face @ 78mins & 30 secs tonight.

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm

JT looked exactly the same way for two years while he coached us. More fool me i thought he would be the goods. You know ex magpie and good halfback and goal kicker. Promised so much but???? I'm so in for next year
I don't think it will be a cliche thing, "Maybe Next Year". I do believe it will become a reality. Long suffering Magpie/ Wests tigers fans. I Believe 😎😎😎. Sorry forgot to mention I'm a first time poster but have been reading all of your posts for a year and with much enthusiasm. Just had to join. You guys can be harsh but i can take it. Bring on fellowship. We must stick together.


matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1427
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm

Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:54 pm

Wa Mag/Tig wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm
JT looked exactly the same way for two years while he coached us. More fool me i thought he would be the goods. You know ex magpie and good halfback and goal kicker. Promised so much but???? I'm so in for next year
I don't think it will be a cliche thing, "Maybe Next Year". I do believe it will become a reality. Long suffering Magpie/ Wests tigers fans. I Believe 😎😎😎. Sorry forgot to mention I'm a first time poster but have been reading all of your posts for a year and with much enthusiasm. Just had to join. You guys can be harsh but i can take it. Bring on fellowship. We must stick together.
Welcome to the furnace brother Wa Mag/Tig......have some fun on here is my motto. I'm still not convinced on the year ahead but we'll see what dissolves out in the off season I guess.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:07 pm

maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Agree. Absolutely pathetic coach. Playing Lovett at centre and Rankin on the wing ahead of JAC sums it up really.
Tigers tragic since 1980.


matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1427
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm

maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Last edited by matchball on Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wa Mag/Tig
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat 12 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:11 pm

It is a dead horse but my first call at it. Like i said i had high hopes for him was a more then average player. Just can't and probably never will convert it into being a first grade NRL coach. The writing was on the wall. Myself stupid for thinking he might after the south fiasco.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:14 pm

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
I can bet like the rest of our ex coaches he won't ever get a head coaching gig ever again. In fact I will bet my left one on it ;)
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2047
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Sheens coaching in U.K.
Potter assistant coach with Knights

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:26 pm

When it comes to coaching. JT was an unmitigated drongo. Not sure why Robbo rates him.

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1427
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:31 pm

tigerap wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:22 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm
maxxy86 wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:56 pm
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
He may have had those attributes playing matchball but he was pretty s*** as a head coach...ya think
Picked up a job in the NRL within a month.
Can't say the same for any of our ex coaches.
Haven't heard a bad word said about him outside this forum. Trent Robinson rates him as an understudy to him.

Where is the rest of our ex coaches?
Sheens coaching in U.K.
Potter assistant coach with Knights
Thanks for those glowing references. Took Sheens a decade to get a run. Lol.
Potter was an after thought. Knights aren't exactly making waves for the title.
What's Terry Lamb doing?

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2521
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:37 pm

Wa Mag/Tig wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 8:23 pm
JT looked exactly the same way for two years while he coached us. More fool me i thought he would be the goods. You know ex magpie and good halfback and goal kicker. Promised so much but???? I'm so in for next year
I don't think it will be a cliche thing, "Maybe Next Year". I do believe it will become a reality. Long suffering Magpie/ Wests tigers fans. I Believe 😎😎😎. Sorry forgot to mention I'm a first time poster but have been reading all of your posts for a year and with much enthusiasm. Just had to join. You guys can be harsh but i can take it. Bring on fellowship. We must stick together.
Welcome to the forum mate. Its great to see such a united fanbase for the Tigers.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 10:46 pm

Slow news day.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4693
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am

He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5833
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 1:13 am

matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
You definitely have to watch the tapes. Because Taylor is absolutely useless at teaching those lessons in first grade,
Then again, ...I suppose he did turn Brooks from a nothing into a top halfback........... didn't he????????

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:17 am

goldcoast tiger wrote: ↑
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 1:13 am
matchball wrote: ↑
Sat 12 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm
Keep beating a dead horse.
He must have some ability if he just walked straight back into the Roosters fold.
Leave the guy alone. He knows the game and was a tough player in his day.
If half our side had his ability and toughness we wouldn't be bottom of the ladder. Brooks should watch some JT tapes and learn what a tough halfback does.
You definitely have to watch the tapes. Because Taylor is absolutely useless at teaching those lessons in first grade,
Then again, ...I suppose he did turn Brooks from a nothing into a top halfback........... didn't he????????
Cleary certainly hasn't.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5833
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:47 am

He hasn't had 2 1/2 years to do it.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1935
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:49 am

gallagher wrote: ↑
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:41 am
He deserves a statue outside of Concord for getting rid of the skid mark named Farah.
This is so over the top.

Post Reply