**Live Game Thread**

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: **Live Game Thread**

Post by 851 » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:56 pm

Beating manly after trailing 20-6 at halftime, and probably avoiding the spoon, pure gold
Go hard or go home


The_Doc
Member
Member
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 11:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by The_Doc » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:57 pm

Who else thought they were odds on to disallow the match winning try, i was preparing myself to launch something through the Tv :D

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29364
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:59 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:40 pm
Tigerles wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:11 pm
About bloody time we got a call go our way .
Was a great win ...the Leichhardt faithful deserved that !
Is this the first positive comment i've seen from hobbo?. will we see one from matchball?
I call it as I see it ....a win like that has been a long time coming :D
:lol: You mean you bag and hack but every blue moon you end up with egg...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10153
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:03 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:59 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:40 pm
Tigerles wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:11 pm
About bloody time we got a call go our way .
Was a great win ...the Leichhardt faithful deserved that !
Is this the first positive comment i've seen from hobbo?. will we see one from matchball?
I call it as I see it ....a win like that has been a long time coming :D
:lol: You mean you bag and hack but every blue moon you end up with egg...
No eggs here mate , I call a spade a spade .
It's better than sitting on the fence like some !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

The Old Fox
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun 09 Jul, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by The Old Fox » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:07 pm

Did anyone pick up on Cleary pulling JLJ off and giving dummy half duty's to Taylor.. and what an effort..take a look at Taylor passing out of dummy half on that last play..the ball he rocketed out the back was as good as Farah at his best.


tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2304
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:12 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:52 pm
Has anyone noticed Woods' changed attitude on the field lately? I hate him a little less every time he steps onto the field and he's been showing leadership lately.
I never thought I would say this after all he's said about the club but I sort of hope he stays.
It could be due to that fact that privately Woods is having kittens over joining the Dogs... it's not the powerhouse club he thought it was....

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:14 pm

The Old Fox wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:07 pm
Did anyone pick up on Cleary pulling JLJ off and giving dummy half duty's to Taylor.. and what an effort..take a look at Taylor passing out of dummy half on that last play..the ball he rocketed out the back was as good as Farah at his best.
He threw it left at one stage when we had Manly outnumbered on the right with Lolohea, Marsters and Nofoaluma. Liddle is yards ahead at hooker.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3100
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:27 pm

Just read Manly debutant Parker may have torn his ACL. Sad if true as he just signed a new deal.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:29 pm

I got busy and had to record the rest of the match when we were 12-6 down and just finished watching it. I wasn't expecting much but, wow. Best comeback win for sometime. To win against a team like Manly at Leichardt on a Sunday afternoon after the season we've had, best feeling ever.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1715
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:35 pm

Oh I'm pissed . I left the bar at half time and went to the beach. Just checking the score and we won. I missed the best comeback apparently.
I always miss the good stuff.

The Old Fox
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun 09 Jul, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by The Old Fox » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:38 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:14 pm
The Old Fox wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:07 pm
Did anyone pick up on Cleary pulling JLJ off and giving dummy half duty's to Taylor.. and what an effort..take a look at Taylor passing out of dummy half on that last play..the ball he rocketed out the back was as good as Farah at his best.
He threw it left at one stage when we had Manly outnumbered on the right with Lolohea, Marsters and Nofoaluma. Liddle is yards ahead at hooker.
Problem is, Liddle is injured right now and we have next week.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:41 pm

andrew 474 wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:08 pm
G'day from Bangkok Thailand , just got on after doing tour of Royal Palace today and a few other things , great Day , but now I hear a great Wests Tigers Comeback , what a great day it is , I'm off to have a couple of TIGER Beers at the Bar at Siam Siam Hotel , have a great day all you Tiger Supporters
Hey buddy I've been in Bangkok the last two weeks staying at suanplu Sathorn.....great place to visit but I'm off home in a few hours from now. Floating markets are a fun place just stay away from the pat pong markets tho 8-)
Last edited by maxxy86 on Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1683
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:46 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:14 pm
Enjoy the win all, especially the old black and white birds, that would have been as sweet as they come for you guys especially.
It sure was.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:48 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:56 pm
Beating manly after trailing 20-6 at halftime, and probably avoiding the spoon, pure gold
And if we keep this effort up Knights, Dogs, Titans and Warriors could just finish below us

The ladder at the end of the season wont look that bad after all

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5541
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:56 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 6:57 pm
Who else thought they were odds on to disallow the match winning try, i was preparing myself to launch something through the Tv :D
I had to walk outside. I couldnt watch.

voice of reason
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by voice of reason » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:11 pm

Have just read through here after getting home from the game. Some pretty harsh judgements around half time.
We missed a couple of one on one tackles in the first half which put us behind the eight ball but I thought we were the better team for most of the game. We showed some real character today and the effort from almost everyone was commendable. Last year's Tigers would have rolled over and been beaten by 40 - this is not the same team.
Sat behind Nathan Cleary who was watching the game in a box but basically alone - barely spoke to anyone in 3 hours. Coolest dude ever, even with a couple of minutes to go and the stands going nuts he was just quietly checking his phone. Two observations: he seems to love hot chips and he has the pointiest chin I have ever seen - like a wicked witch.
Special mention to the Leichhardt crowd - only 12,000 odd but created a sensational atmosphere.
Suffering supporter since 1967

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1394
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:30 pm

Always nice to beat Manly.
This side was knocking on the door for some weeks now.
Playing without luck but staying in games.
Very proud.
Congratulations all round particularly to Forum people who stayed positive and patient.
Should be even better next year.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5080
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:40 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm
No better example of why we need to get rid of all the non contracted players and bring in fresh cattle.
Maybe you could explain the example you are talking about?

Post Reply