Um.. How did we lose that?

NT Tiger

Re: Um.. How did we lose that?

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 7:30 am

Cleary really needs to work on Lolohea's decision making. He did two 'Benji's' last night that had me shaking my head.
"Quality Stupidity"

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 7:53 am

MCK gave them the present of attacking field position which the cows took it with both hands and never looked back.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:06 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 7:30 am
Cleary really needs to work on Lolohea's decision making. He did two 'Benji's' last night that had me shaking my head.
Mate the first pass to Nofo was a pearler. Any other competent winger in the game would have been flying onto it and scoring in the corner. I wonder where Nofos head is at sometimes.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:10 am

Furious1 wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:06 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Mate the first pass to Nofo was a pearler. Any other competent winger in the game would have been flying onto it and scoring in the corner. I wonder where Nofos head is at sometimes.
It was the perfect pass.

Tigergoo

Post by Tigergoo » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:17 am

How is it even possible the Luke Brooks could get a mention in relation to this loss? Bag the young bloke if he played fair enough,but geez.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:31 am

gallagher wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:18 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:24 pm
Yeah brooks would have got us home. Like he's never done before.
We're putting in every week which is half the battle but we lack class on the spine.
Brooks did against the Dogs this year..just saying..
Really? Too funny. .
It's time you revealed your relationship with him Geo. You're starting to sound like Eddie talking about Fatah.
No relationship apart from watching him play from Ball through to FG ...sure he has faults in his game... but I believe a lot of people like to sweat on an error or poor play just to stick the boot into the kid...he didn't even play yesterday and was copping it in the live game thread...so I probably try and overcompensate for that..

He also does some really good things ..He got us back into the game in the 1st half last week against the Rorters yet the last play gets focussed on when clearly he was playing busted but he was there giving it a go...Just like the Dogs game where yes he was lucky but you make your own luck and was there again giving it a go..

Ivan will be good for his game ...heard some whispers we'll be bringing in a halves coach to assist..he is only 22 years old so the investment in him can pay dividends which I think as Wests Tigers fans we all want..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:46 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 6:57 am
stryker wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:15 pm
There is one upside to tonights loss....Canberra are almost guaranteed to miss the 8 even though they won. They would have got their hopes up at half time lol...
Personally would rather see raiders there then the cows.
I hope Manly lose their final 2 games and Dragons lose on the weekend.

Then Canberra go to Melbourne and if they win, they are in the finals (assuming Dragons don't make it).
Then with Canberra needing to win, they get smashed by 50 points.

Oh, it would be the sweetest moment, especially after Dad & I made the horrible trip to Leichhardt last year

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:58 am

Tiger Tim wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:42 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:09 pm
Tiger Tim wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:34 pm
Not one player from our spine is strong enough to control the game. Tedesco has great moments in attack but when the game is on the line doesn't have a kicking game or control of the team to steer them around the park. Lolohea is an average first grader with a poor kicking game who needs to look more when he is passing. Littlejohn is a poor mans Jordan Rankin, enough said. Mcilwrick is a reasonable defender but that is it, offers nothing with the ball and doesn't have a kicking game. When your trying to close a game down you need someone like Morgan to step up, he won that game for the Cowboys. Our players just aren't skillful enough or smart enough to do it. Next year will be more of the same. It will be strange next year when our forward pack will be our strength and our backs will be the supporting cast.
Well it will be a 100% different spine than tonight - let's give it ago next year before writing it off before the year has even started.

1 Lolohea
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
9 Liddle

We'll see next year - but for God's sake give them a chance.
I'm happy to give them a chance, especially with Cleary having them for the off season but not one of them has ever shown themselves to be the go to guy when the game is there to be won.
We look to have 4 runners of the footy in our spine with very limited skill and game management. I think we will have to win all our games based on being too physical for the opposition next year. A quality forward pack and big outside backs with players just going hard all game.

Maybe Tui, Brooks and Liddle will show us some game smarts next year but that part of their game doesn't look promising.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:14 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:31 am
gallagher wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:18 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:24 pm
Yeah brooks would have got us home. Like he's never done before.
We're putting in every week which is half the battle but we lack class on the spine.
Brooks did against the Dogs this year..just saying..
Really? Too funny. .
It's time you revealed your relationship with him Geo. You're starting to sound like Eddie talking about Fatah.
No relationship apart from watching him play from Ball through to FG ...sure he has faults in his game... but I believe a lot of people like to sweat on an error or poor play just to stick the boot into the kid...he didn't even play yesterday and was copping it in the live game thread...so I probably try and overcompensate for that..

He also does some really good things ..He got us back into the game in the 1st half last week against the Rorters yet the last play gets focussed on when clearly he was playing busted but he was there giving it a go...Just like the Dogs game where yes he was lucky but you make your own luck and was there again giving it a go..

Ivan will be good for his game ...heard some whispers we'll be bringing in a halves coach to assist..he is only 22 years old so the investment in him can pay dividends which I think as Wests Tigers fans we all want..
I agree with you. I think Brooks cops it unfairly. I also think that he needs to work on things but I think he is compared to Andrew Johns at his prime and other halves that don't play for us get judged as being better than what they are.

Cleary wasn't better than Brooks when they played each other. Brooks hasn't really been outperformed by other halves throughout the season when he is on the field.

He has a great running game and he has a decent passing and kicking game. His defence for a half is also pretty good. I think he is clearly our best half and basically the player most likely to win us the game and that includes having Woods and Tedesco in the team.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:16 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 6:57 am
stryker wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 11:15 pm
There is one upside to tonights loss....Canberra are almost guaranteed to miss the 8 even though they won. They would have got their hopes up at half time lol...
Personally would rather see raiders there then the cows.
I like the Cowboys, always have, but I think they will be going into the finals busted and will find it hard to compete against the stronger teams. That's why I would rather see a fully fit team on a roll like either Penrith or Canberra in there instead. Will make the finals more interesting, imo.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:42 am

formerguest wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:10 am
Furious1 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
It was the perfect pass.
Would've been perfect if he just had a butchers and found the recipients chest.... No look long cut outs are pointless... They only work short

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:42 am

Tigergoo wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:17 am
How is it even possible the Luke Brooks could get a mention in relation to this loss? Bag the young bloke if he played fair enough,but geez.
I know, I reckon it's Farah's fault. He has done nothing at Hooker for us since he has left.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:45 am

How did we lose it ...well I'm not one to blame the refs ,but last night was so evident .we were never allowed into the game in the second half .i can't recall a penalty in the second half ,yet I recall 3 piggybacks that led to two tries . Cowgirls offside all night ,and how many forward passes from dummy half . Hey it's not much value to the final series of a crap wests team wins and knocks off a team who will have a great crowd ready to watch them play a semi ..it was blatant last night ,the cows got help from the guys in the middle ...

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:45 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:42 am
formerguest wrote:
Furious1 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
It was the perfect pass.
Would've been perfect if he just had a butchers and found the recipients chest.... No look long cut outs are pointless... They only work short
I think Nofo should have been there to take the pass. He was so far back he could have been playing Full back. Sometimes a bit of nous is needed.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:47 am

supercoach wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 10:17 pm
Lacked the class and Teddy was for the most part very quite or well contained
Looked like he put the cue away at halftime ...wasn't interested imo

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:48 am

They wanted it more.
A clear lack of urgency and desire from a few of ours during their comeback.... 80 freeking minutes boys

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:50 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:48 am
They wanted it more.
A clear lack of urgency and desire from a few of ours during their comeback.... 80 freeking minutes boys
True ,, but did t get much of the pill when it mattered ...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:51 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:45 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 9:42 am
formerguest wrote:
Furious1 wrote:

It was the perfect pass.
I think Nofo should have been there to take the pass. He was so far back he could have been playing Full back. Sometimes a bit of nous is needed.
What's the point of passing where the passer thinks he should be if he isn't there?
Im not absolving Nofas positioning, but if Lolohea just had a look... He would've scored if he hit him despite him being so deep