MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

05TIGZ
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 47 times

MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:21 am

MATT Moylan is reportedly just a 50 per cent chance to remain at Penrith beyond his high-stakes meeting with Panthers supremo Phil Gould on Monday.

The star utility will meet with coach Anthony Griffin and Gould at Pepper Stadium on Monday where his future at the club will be decided ahead of the club’s elimination final against the Sea Eagles on Saturday.

Fox Sports’ James Hooper told Fox League’s The Weekend Wrap Moylan only has himself to blame for finding himself facing a bitter exit from the club that named him captain this year.

Hooper reported the Panthers’ five-eighth doesn’t have a leg to stand on if his position on the Penrith roster comes down to a negotiation with Gould because of the 26-year-old’s failure to complete every session of his rehabilitation program for his injured hamstring.

“It started because Matt has been injured a lot this season, he’s been frustrated, and he wasn’t attending rehabilitation for his hamstring injuries,” Hooper said.

“That can only end one way, and that is Matt Moylan will become a free agent and move to another club next season. Rival clubs are circling.

Matt Moylan is considered a chance to return from his hamstring injury against Manly.
Matt Moylan is considered a chance to return from his hamstring injury against Manly.Source:Getty Images
“The Wests Tigers are dead keen, I believe Cronulla are dead keen, Newcastle will also be interested.

“They will line up if this meeting tomorrow ends with Matt Moylan being forced out of the Panthers.”

It comes as Panthers legend Mark Geyer threw his support behind Moylan, saying the club is also responsible for trying to keep its star player happy.

“Gussy needs to get Matt Moylan, I think they’re having a chat in his office. They need to get together and say let’s get on the same page. Let’s make an announcement today and let’s get onto the semi-finals and beat Manly on the weekend’,” Geyer told Triple M’s Grill Team.

“It’s very un-Penrith like to be airing their dirty laundry this close to the semi-finals. These type of stories have got to start from somewhere. I don’t know where they started, but to have this sort of media attention this close to the semi-finals is so bad for the club.

“I think he’s their best player. I just don’t think he’s feeling the love at the moment. For Penrith to win the comp or to even get close to winning the comp he has to be in the team.”

Moylan is not even one year into the five year deal he signed with Penrith before the 2017 season.

Queensland Maroons coach Kevin Walters told Sky Sports Radio Moylan and Penrith officials both need to put their grievances aside if the club is going to be a contender during the 2017 finals series.

Tyson Otto- news.com.au

“Moylan is a big key for that team and he’s not in a good headspace at the moment from what I’m hearing and from what I’m seeing,” Walters said.

“It’s a weird situation. I don’t know why you’d entertain going into a contract of that length if you’re not happy there. Either way he has to go back into that side.

“They’re a better side with him in it. They’ve got to shut all that other stuff out. To me Matt Moylan isn’t a person who is an individual or a selfish type of player. He plays for the team. They have to sort that out with him and find a position for him.”

05TIGZ

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:22 am

Saying we are one of 3 teams who want him. Could play fullback or 5/8. Has the potential to be anything.

Tigerstruck
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tigerstruck » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:30 am

Really don't need another half, but we could use him at fullback instead of lolo if he doesnt come up well in the 2018 preseason.

Telltails
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:33 am

Although far from a great season one game I watched him play against the Raiders this year was outstanding. I have no clue what is going on with him but he can play and if he has got some sort of relationship with Cleary and the numbers add up, in either fullback or 5/8th he is worth a risk.
With one year into a five year deal it becomes very complicated and of course it all has to get past Gus.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:55 am

wow how one person can ruin the hard work of a whole team.

instead of talking about the finals, this is what they're forced to be talking about.

these players are way too up themselves
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Milky » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:59 am

He will be released, Guss wouldnt want this talk going into the finals.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:00 am

Telltails wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:33 am
Although far from a great season one game I watched him play against the Raiders this year was outstanding. I have no clue what is going on with him but he can play and if he has got some sort of relationship with Cleary and the numbers add up, in either fullback or 5/8th he is worth a risk.
With one year into a five year deal it becomes very complicated and of course it all has to get past Gus.
Not if he's released, and the Panthers can scrap his contract

airbus

Unread post by airbus » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:06 am

Reynolds should play hooker and they can go after Moylan to play 6. Tui at fullback.

Even if they don't sign Moylan they should put Reynolds in the 9 next year.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:13 am

You'd obviously take him if he was on offer, but I'd be amazed if he were to be released.

guyofthetiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by guyofthetiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:14 am

We'd be nuts not to go for him
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

loyalotiger01
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by loyalotiger01 » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:19 am

airbus wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:06 am
Reynolds should play hooker and they can go after Moylan to play 6. Tui at fullback.

Even if they don't sign Moylan they should put Reynolds in the 9 next year.
Exactly, I also think Reynolds should play hooker. But Liddle should really be at the number 9 because he is our future and he needs more experience. Don't really need to see why we need to sign Moylan when we have our spine and cover halves in place. He also has a MASSIVE CONTRACT.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:20 am

It was reported earlier as soon as Ivan was appointed coach, Moylan arranged a meeting with him through Nathan.
There must have been some unrest earlier in the season as well.

Muffstar
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Muffstar » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:32 am

I think he is a talented player and would in well at the Tigers. Having said that is he another Hayne in the making ?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:36 am

To be honest i doubt if he would fit into the "culture" Ivan is making but having said that Cleary is in a far better position than me to gauge that

wt00
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:38 am

If Marina Go is to be believed.. she said Moylan will be at the Sharks but wt are trying very hard to get him..
AnnandaleTiger posted it in the signing and suggestions thread. Go's words from the chairman's lounge presentation.
The star of the team is the team.

05TIGZ

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 10:47 am

If we offered Watson $500k, then we should have a bit of cash.

If Moylan wants a release then panthers owe him nothing. The biggest question our team has for next year is the half and 5/8. As much as I don't really like him as a person I don't think I would say no to him playing for us next year.

colmcd
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by colmcd » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 11:01 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:55 am

instead of talking about the finals, this is what they're forced to be talking about.

Why on earth would you want this discussion NOW?

If you are Penrith, you should be holding off on all this stuff till the end of the finals. I can only assume his behaviour is bad enough that Penrith have flagged problems OR Gus is just on a powertrip.

Gus should know better if he is causing this. Moylan should be avoided if he is causing this. You give people a kick round 18/20, not now. Yes you hold the team standard, but ARRGH!

Mary punted Dugan because he was late for the bus, that may cost him his job. Likewise this will probably costs Griffin his job for Gus's blunder.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 11:08 am

colmcd wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 11:01 am
tig_prmz wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 9:55 am

Why on earth would you want this discussion NOW?

If you are Penrith, you should be holding off on all this stuff till the end of the finals. I can only assume his behaviour is bad enough that Penrith have flagged problems OR Gus is just on a powertrip.

Gus should know better if he is causing this. Moylan should be avoided if he is causing this. You give people a kick round 18/20, not now. Yes you hold the team standard, but ARRGH!

Mary punted Dugan because he was late for the bus, that may cost him his job. Likewise this will probably costs Griffin his job for Gus's blunder.

They have no choice, they have to kill it off now one way or another. If they put it on hold the media will flog it to death. I think they will have the meeting and all parties will kiss and make up. Really can not see him leaving

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”