General Social Discussion
goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Same sex marriage debate...

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:41 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 8:42 pm
From me it will likely be a ÿes", though there is a part of me that wants to vote no, but for a different reason than most anybody else.

I honestly dont like the way the militant left goes about their business, how they are intentionally inflammatory and often insensitive. I personally dont want to give these muppets a platform to springboard off.

I wish there was an option for the issue of SSM to succeed, yet dump the lefty tards on their heads.
I know I'm going to regret this,.....but.....which part of you is it that wants to vote no????? :oops:

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 1:51 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:34 pm
I think it should be compulsory for Gays to get married, why should heteros be the only ones to have to go through it.

Seriously il be voting yes.who ever gave a patent on the word Marriage to heterosexual couples. It's a word kiddies nothing else,
Stop bedwetting and let others do what makes them happy, you don't own the word
So chill out , there's more things to knot up your nickers about, other than this.
Actually there is some people who shouldn't have been able to marry....the parents of .little Kimmy, in North Korea. That was a success wasn't it.
Actually GCT,little Kimmy is a walking advertisement for the contraceptive pill.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:08 am

VanillaThunder wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 8:02 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 1:51 pm
But will it change people's view in regard to life in general...are we going to be a nation of multiculturalism or will we be known as a nation who accept ssm easily as we have been man / woman married society since day dot..
In other words are we going to become "permiscuous" as a nation to other nations..
No offence mate but are you using the forum as a sounding board for a school project or something?
To answer your question though, is being a multicultural society and accepting of same sex marriage mutually exclusive? To me it would seem like they go hand in hand rather than being at odds with each other. Allowing same sex marriage is a progressive step, one which doesn't suit our country at all given our leaders' attitudes towards the environment, technology and our well-documented refugee policies.
Allowing it wouldn't make us look promiscuous in the slightest, but not allowing it would and continues to make us look backward and prehistoric.
The fact that we're paying $120 million for a non-binding opinion poll (by our democratically elected politicians) is an insult to anyone with their brains outside their wallets.

How our country handles this determines whether we will be applauded or ridiculed/laughed at, and after all, aren't we the land of a fair go?
What I was referring to Vanilla ,was we have always been known as a multicultural country where everyone has a chance to work,live and enjoy a country of great opportunity...
In legalising SSM, would it make us a country that softened a stance on gay marriage and
bow down to the people who demand ssm ? Or would we be progressing as other countries have and being more accepting of the fact that ssm should be part of life..

And no mate I'm long gone from school projects,I really enjoy a hearty discussion and this topic just happened to be of interest to see what peoples thoughts are...

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:09 am

Andrew Webster just outed himself on 360 - to a chorus of how brave he was LMAO

goldcoast tiger
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:06 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 1:51 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:34 pm
I think it should be compulsory for Gays to get married, why should heteros be the only ones to have to go through it.

Seriously il be voting yes.who ever gave a patent on the word Marriage to heterosexual couples. It's a word kiddies nothing else,
Stop bedwetting and let others do what makes them happy, you don't own the word
So chill out , there's more things to knot up your nickers about, other than this.
Actually there is some people who shouldn't have been able to marry....the parents of .little Kimmy, in North Korea. That was a success wasn't it.
Actually GCT,little Kimmy is a walking advertisement for the contraceptive pill.....
You're not wrong. It's a pity that when he was born , the only parts that were missing was a brain.
And a decent haircut.

trumper
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by trumper » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:07 am

So you'll be getting married in a couple of months, neh?

Yossarian
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:08 am

stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:09 am
Isn't he the guy who writes for the SMH? If so he's been out for some time.

I thin we're just getting to the point where it doesn't matter anymore which is probably what Webster wants.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:16 am

Abraham wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 2:44 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 2:21 pm
In advancing a no vote you refer to legislation that in other places you seem to want to abolish. I'm not sure what the Bible reference is in aid of. If you're suggesting Biblical definition should inform legislation then I strongly disagree.
???

I purposely haven't spoken about the Bible in this thread, as its not a religious discussion.

I think you might be confusing me with somebody else.
I can understand you not mentioning the Bible as it is very embarrassing, for example, not letting a witch to live, homosexuality is an abomination. So the Bible can form the background of people's thinking even if they don't quote it. The Bible is like the devil whispering evil things in your ear.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:22 am

stryker wrote:
He's been out for ages.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:33 am

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:08 am
stryker wrote:
Isn't he the guy who writes for the SMH? If so he's been out for some time.

I thin we're just getting to the point where it doesn't matter anymore which is probably what Webster wants.
This is why it should be legalised. We have stupid debates like this over people's sexual preferences when it should just be a non-issue.

I don't get that we are living in 2017 and we have advanced to such a level and yet people who are gay can't get married.

It's just dumb.

voice of reason
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by voice of reason » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:45 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:44 pm
This is essentially a debate about equal rights.
This is where we must disagree - it's not a debate at all, it's an opinion poll. The government aren't asking for reasons or logic, just an opinion.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:00 am

stryker wrote:
Late to the party Stryker, he was out about 5 years ago old mate.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:25 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:00 am
stryker wrote:
I used to out myself even though I wasn't. I stirred one guy up so much whilst in Townsville in 1971 he wanted to use me as a punching bag - it is surprising what a bit of sharp pointed metal to the throat can do to changing a person's attitude all within a split second.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:27 am

voice of reason wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:45 am
Tigerdave wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:44 pm
This is essentially a debate about equal rights.
This is where we must disagree - it's not a debate at all, it's an opinion poll. The government aren't asking for reasons or logic, just an opinion.
Not too sure where I said anything about the poll itself, but the whole thing is effectively a debate, this thread is an example of what's happening currently.

As I stated in my first post on this, it's a complete waste of money given the Government is not bound by any outcome of the poll, but they would feel less pressured into changing anything if the "no's" "won" or got real close.

There's leaflets being dropped off in Sydney and Brisbane at least, we've got ad campaigns on TV, it's been turned into a National debate from the get go.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:36 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:25 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
stryker wrote:
I used to out myself even though I wasn't. I stirred one guy up so much whilst in Townsville in 1971 he wanted to use me as a punching bag - it is surprising what a bit of sharp pointed metal to the throat can do to changing a person's attitude all within a split second.
I'm sure you did Byron... I'm sure you were on the Titanic and took part in the moon landing as well.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:37 am

Well guys this has been a very good discussion ....Some very insightful posts and opinions on this issue...the topic has been discussed civilly and everyone should be congratulated on their behavior while contributing...

I will vote on how I feel and think about SSM...I won't let adverts or peer pressure influence my vote. ...

Nelson
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:51 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:36 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
stryker wrote:
I'm sure you did Byron... I'm sure you were on the Titanic and took part in the moon landing as well.
Even if that story were true (which I'm sure it's not) it would just make him look like even more of a knob anyway. He went around antagonising people and then spinelessly pulled a knife when someone took exception. My hero...

Yossarian
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:01 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
stryker wrote:
Now that's the BBF I know! That rational considered stuff isn't your bag mate! Stick to the insane anecdotes. What about the time you knocked out Fighting Harada in Tokyo because he spilt your sake? Or when you won the battle of Guadalcanal with a pocket knife and some Billy Tea?

Return to “General Discussion”