Same sex marriage debate...

General Social Discussion
Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Same sex marriage debate...

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:33 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:09 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:00 am
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:09 am
Andrew Webster just outed himself on 360 - to a chorus of how brave he was LMAO
Late to the party Stryker, he was out about 5 years ago old mate.
I guess this is my point. I wasnt aware because it doesnt matter to me. I shouldnt know as its none of my business. Now i do know because he told people through the television. Why? The amount of clowns with bad haircuts who have told me, as a total stranger, that they are gay over the past few years in social gatherings has been crazy. My answer is always the same...."so what"?
If you don't like it you should probably stop going to social gatherings in gay nightclubs then.
I agree wholeheartedly - this guy would complain about cow dung on a dairy.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


User avatar
Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2125
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by Masterton » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:38 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:53 pm
I thought the whole thing is pretty simple..vote yes if you are for it and vote no if your against. Really the reason for voting either way makes no difference and it is your choice for what ever reason. You can debate the issue for hours but at the end of the day it is a basically Holden vrs Ford thing
Yep. I can't imagine there are many people going, "Oh! Is that what it says in the old testament? Well, that's changes everything."

Likewise, even though I strongly support Yes, I won't be bending anyone's ear to agree with me. I just hope both sides can play nice.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:41 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:09 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:00 am
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:09 am
Andrew Webster just outed himself on 360 - to a chorus of how brave he was LMAO
Late to the party Stryker, he was out about 5 years ago old mate.
I guess this is my point. I wasnt aware because it doesnt matter to me. I shouldnt know as its none of my business. Now i do know because he told people through the television. Why? The amount of clowns with bad haircuts who have told me, as a total stranger, that they are gay over the past few years in social gatherings has been crazy. My answer is always the same...."so what"?
If you don't like it you should probably stop going to social gatherings in gay nightclubs then.
Haw haw haw hee hee hee...i bet you score with all the window lickers on your short bus with that wit...

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:44 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:41 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:09 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:00 am


Late to the party Stryker, he was out about 5 years ago old mate.
I guess this is my point. I wasnt aware because it doesnt matter to me. I shouldnt know as its none of my business. Now i do know because he told people through the television. Why? The amount of clowns with bad haircuts who have told me, as a total stranger, that they are gay over the past few years in social gatherings has been crazy. My answer is always the same...."so what"?
If you don't like it you should probably stop going to social gatherings in gay nightclubs then.
Haw haw haw hee hee hee...i bet you score with all the window lickers on your short bus with that wit...
I would go as far to say that you couldn't even lay STRAIGHT in bed
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16254
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:47 pm

colmcd wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:25 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 3:47 pm
colmcd wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 3:11 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 3:03 pm


Except I'm guessing most Ford fans don't want to stop Holden fans driving on public streets.
But as we have been arguing, the Holden fans will oppress our freedom of speech and wheel if we ever let them drive Holdens! If people own a Holden, we will never rid ourselves of the Marxist agenda being forced on our racetracks, cars and branding. You only have to change a few letters and Commodore becomes Communist!

*said by a person who owns a Honda, which once had Ford, Mazda and Toyota parts in it! IMHO if you can't die in it, it's not a fun car.
I drive a Camry, I take it that's the car equivalent of being a Libertarian in that no one likes you and thinks you're a danger to both yourself and everyone else around you?
No Way. The Camry is safe, reliable and 0 flare for a car. It is the voting equivalent of Bill Shorten I think.

Abbott I think is the VW range... No breaks. Maybe a VW crossed with a Ford Falcon..

Turnbull is definitely the Lexus of Australian Politics.. .looks great but not so good under the Bonnet.

Still waiting for the Holden Kingswood of Australian Politics to come roaring in... We probably haven't seen one of those since Hawke.

On Libertarianism... I have zero understanding why Libertarians are not Georgists.
It's basically Libertarianism without Inheritances and the tax is applied to Land instead of income.
I.e. no free ride from mum and dad. You make your own way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgism
Haha I was referring more to Camry drivers not the car itself. I have an Atara SX and it's a great car.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18825
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 206 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:48 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:41 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:09 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:00 am


Late to the party Stryker, he was out about 5 years ago old mate.
I guess this is my point. I wasnt aware because it doesnt matter to me. I shouldnt know as its none of my business. Now i do know because he told people through the television. Why? The amount of clowns with bad haircuts who have told me, as a total stranger, that they are gay over the past few years in social gatherings has been crazy. My answer is always the same...."so what"?
If you don't like it you should probably stop going to social gatherings in gay nightclubs then.
Haw haw haw hee hee hee...i bet you score with all the window lickers on your short bus with that wit...
Sometimes the best response is no response at all.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:56 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:44 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:41 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:15 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 5:09 pm


I guess this is my point. I wasnt aware because it doesnt matter to me. I shouldnt know as its none of my business. Now i do know because he told people through the television. Why? The amount of clowns with bad haircuts who have told me, as a total stranger, that they are gay over the past few years in social gatherings has been crazy. My answer is always the same...."so what"?
If you don't like it you should probably stop going to social gatherings in gay nightclubs then.
Haw haw haw hee hee hee...i bet you score with all the window lickers on your short bus with that wit...
I would go as far to say that you couldn't even lay STRAIGHT in bed
You ought to talk ponytail boy :lol:

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:21 pm

ARU just keeps scoring own goals! They announce their support for SSM and then their best player tweets that he loves and respects everyone but personally cannot support SSM.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:30 pm

What's with this weather ay?
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Twodogs
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:22 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Twodogs » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:02 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:21 pm
ARU just keeps scoring own goals! They announce their support for SSM and then their best player tweets that he loves and respects everyone but personally cannot support SSM.
Serves them right for picking sides. Sporting codes have no business publicly choosing sides on controversial subjects.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:04 pm

Abraham wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 12:15 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:16 am
I can understand you not mentioning the Bible as it is very embarrassing, for example, not letting a witch to live, homosexuality is an abomination. So the Bible can form the background of people's thinking even if they don't quote it. The Bible is like the devil whispering evil things in your ear.
Your getting off topic with your bigotted rantings ... it was only a matter of time before you couldn't contain yourself any longer.

As you should know, being the Biblical expert you are, the Holy Bible is the literature that forms the cornerstone of Western Civilization, the most free and compassionate of civilisations to ever exist in all of humanity. So you're more than a little off in your analysis.

Its funny you mention evil, do you believe that evil exists? It seems you do, because you have mentioned it in your response.

I ask because good, evil and morality itself cannot exist in naturalist/atheist philosophy. Nearly all intellectual atheists admit this ... yet i can bet my last dollar that you cannot explain evil without putting God firmly in the paradigm.

Probably a good idea not to start intellectual fights that you have no chance in hell of winning.
The Bible was used to it's utmost to keep civilisation brutal and stupid. It was used to justify slavery, to justify killing witches, to impede science, to corrupt philosophy, to hoodwink the ignorant, to scorn homosexuality, to prevent women from obtaining equality etc. etc..

I was obviously using the evil word in an everyday sense and you are only creating a false philosophical position in an attempt to obfuscate.

You cannot mention intellectualism and the Bible in the same breath - there are the ultimate contradiction.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Twodogs
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:22 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Twodogs » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:13 pm

Abraham wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:12 pm
The alliance between the left and islam has always puzzled me ...
It shouldn't. Despite many left leaning people considering themselves libertarian, the far left is deeply totalitarian. They rely on blind followers who believe the far left's think-of-the-children/poor people environment/gays/etc shtick to enact their ideology.

They think of Muslims as useful idiots, but they underestimate them at their peril. They've been doing Orwellianism for centuries before it ever occurred to the far left.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4977
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:22 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:04 pm
Abraham wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 12:15 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:16 am
I can understand you not mentioning the Bible as it is very embarrassing, for example, not letting a witch to live, homosexuality is an abomination. So the Bible can form the background of people's thinking even if they don't quote it. The Bible is like the devil whispering evil things in your ear.
Your getting off topic with your bigotted rantings ... it was only a matter of time before you couldn't contain yourself any longer.

As you should know, being the Biblical expert you are, the Holy Bible is the literature that forms the cornerstone of Western Civilization, the most free and compassionate of civilisations to ever exist in all of humanity. So you're more than a little off in your analysis.

Its funny you mention evil, do you believe that evil exists? It seems you do, because you have mentioned it in your response.

I ask because good, evil and morality itself cannot exist in naturalist/atheist philosophy. Nearly all intellectual atheists admit this ... yet i can bet my last dollar that you cannot explain evil without putting God firmly in the paradigm.

Probably a good idea not to start intellectual fights that you have no chance in hell of winning.
The Bible was used to it's utmost to keep civilisation brutal and stupid. It was used to justify slavery, to justify killing witches, to impede science, to corrupt philosophy, to hoodwink the ignorant, to scorn homosexuality, to prevent women from obtaining equality etc. etc..

I was obviously using the evil word in an everyday sense and you are only creating a false philosophical position in an attempt to obfuscate.

You cannot mention intellectualism and the Bible in the same breath - there are the ultimate contradiction.
I cant understand your argument BBF,the Bible is in millions of households,its in every Hotel room I have stayed in...there must be something to its teachings..you have your singular opinion because you don't agree with its teachings and verse,mankind has refered to the bible for centuries...

Heres something for you.....AND THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5465
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:34 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:37 am
Well guys this has been a very good discussion ....Some very insightful posts and opinions on this issue...the topic has been discussed civilly and everyone should be congratulated on their behavior while contributing...

I will vote on how I feel and think about SSM...I won't let adverts or peer pressure influence my vote. ...
I agree, too quiet.
Let's invite Seinfield back for a guest appearance, can you imagine how much he'd
love this topic lol.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 9:10 pm

Can't believe this is even a 'debate' in 2017.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 9:25 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:22 pm
...........................................

The Bible was used to it's utmost to keep civilisation brutal and stupid. It was used to justify slavery, to justify killing witches, to impede science, to corrupt philosophy, to hoodwink the ignorant, to scorn homosexuality, to prevent women from obtaining equality etc. etc..

I was obviously using the evil word in an everyday sense and you are only creating a false philosophical position in an attempt to obfuscate.

You cannot mention intellectualism and the Bible in the same breath - there are the ultimate contradiction.
I cant understand your argument BBF,the Bible is in millions of households,its in every Hotel room I have stayed in...there must be something to its teachings..you have your singular opinion because you don't agree with its teachings and verse,mankind has refered to the bible for centuries...

Heres something for you.....AND THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH...
[/quote]

The meek only inherit the earth by fighting very hard for it, don't you remember that the Liberal Party (and it's predecessors) had opposed every wage rise since Federation. In the Philippines union officials and SJW still get knocked off when they are getting somewhere. And you could not get a more Christian and Catholic country then what they are! They have churches full of Bibles on every corner.

Mankind has referred to it for all the wrong reasons. To suppress, to confuse etc. etc.. But yes there is some good in it but often it is a poor and corrupted imitation of an earlier more consistent, cogent and intellectual philosophy that was pre-Judeo/Christian. Like we add salt and pepper on our tucker the Bible authors added God to take credit. Suggested reading Bertrand Russell's A History Of Western Philosophy.

Based on Biblical thinking I was taught that the stars were holes in the floor of Heaven - that is just an example of it's corruptive influences. I used to think that when it rained God was hosing down his verandah.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 9:54 pm

I already thought sms was legal...

But I never liked this digital age and wish we could go back.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 10362
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 9:59 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 9:54 pm
I already thought sms was legal...

But I never liked this digital age and wish we could go back.
It pretty much was, until Howard changed it back in 2004

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”