Leichhardt Oval

Wests Tigers Discussion
cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Leichhardt Oval

Unread post by cochise » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 11:57 am

Looks like Leichhardt might get a minor $3m upgrade soon to allow Sydney FC to play there while Alianz is upgraded, possibly as early as next year

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydn ... yvbh1.html


User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by wt00 » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 12:04 pm

Could be up to $5M - $2M + $3M already allocated. Good news.
The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25181
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 398 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 12:14 pm

Finally ...Soap in the toilets....woooooooooooooooo
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Mystery
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:02 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mystery » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 12:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 12:14 pm
Finally ...Soap in the toilets....woooooooooooooooo
First they ban shoulder charges, than the biff is gone and now this. What has this game become?

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9136
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 12:27 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 12:14 pm
Finally ...Soap in the toilets....woooooooooooooooo
They're not thinking about getting rid of the dank are they?


Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm

Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:26 pm

5 Million - Wow that is some upgrade for the Morrison Memorial Toilets.

We'll be the envy of the RL World!!!!

User avatar
LeichhardtTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by LeichhardtTiger » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:13 am

APIA bum! Socca Verld, Peanuts, Socca Verld! Aaah, the good old days when Prague, Polonia, Marconi, Yugal y'know, when the traditional tribes used to play footaball. Pretzels instead of chips at half time. Love it...(not Kyle!)
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9136
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:50 am

cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.
You mean Alan Jones has convinced them!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3201
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 3:13 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:50 am
cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.
You mean Alan Jones has convinced them!
Yeah, as their advocate.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:11 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:50 am
cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.
You mean Alan Jones has convinced them!
You do know Alan Jones is a Trustee on the SCG trust so he was actually included in post?

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9136
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:21 pm

cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:11 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:50 am
cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.
You mean Alan Jones has convinced them!
You do know Alan Jones is a Trustee on the SCG trust so he was actually included in post?
It was a joke.

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:35 pm

This is the only way I could ever be convinced to pay to watch the A-League. The way no one in Sydney gives a toss about them, it's hard to believe FC were actually champions this season.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 7:11 pm

cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.
The SCG trust haven't convinced anyone of anything yet! They also had a spare $80 million to spend on ridiculously oversized TV screens yet had no money for the urgent safety requirements despite knowing about the shortcomings? That's practically criminal levels of negligence.

In the end 3 teams play out of Allianz, and maybe one concert a year. Compared to ANZ which hosts several clubs plus all the country's marquee matches in any code.

BigUnit
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:19 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by BigUnit » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 10:24 pm


cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 11:34 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 7:11 pm
cochise wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 12:58 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Doubtful this would happen. No one wants Allianz re-built other than the lazy and corrupt SCG trust that just want free money.

The SCG trust has convinced the government that the SCG is no longer safe and is a disaster waiting to happen.
The SCG trust haven't convinced anyone of anything yet! They also had a spare $80 million to spend on ridiculously oversized TV screens yet had no money for the urgent safety requirements despite knowing about the shortcomings? That's practically criminal levels of negligence.

In the end 3 teams play out of Allianz, and maybe one concert a year. Compared to ANZ which hosts several clubs plus all the country's marquee matches in any code.
I agree with the fact that ANZ should be the priority, but the Trust has succeeded in swaying the government.

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5753
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Balmain
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Kul » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm

Fox Sports would be pushing for Allianz upgrade, as a more filled out stadium is more marketable to sponsors/advertisers. When you are paying $1b to the NRL, you have some say

Anyway, thanks great news! If SydFC leichhardt gets a great turnout and great atmosphere, it will help boost its attractiveness for Tigers games

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”