Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

LARDS
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

Unread post by LARDS » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 10:53 am

momo&medo wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:18 am
This team plays like they are on L plates.
Transition from defence is slow and just god awful. They seem to wait for their opnents to set their defences before moving the ball to their attackers.
When Syria was down to 10 men and out on their feet with fatigue the Australian flankers just pass the ball back instead of running at the the tired defence.
Just bloody awful to watch!
This team just has not clicked since they won the Asia cup.
And the tactics used by Ange are not working with the talent he has at his disposal.
Unless they significantly pick up their act they will get dusted by either Panama or Honduuras.
Watching this team is like watching a JT coached Tigers team

momo&medo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:50 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 10:53 am
Ange and his style of football isn't working for us. To show balance in my criticism i don't think we have the quality of footballer that is needed to play that style but a world quality coach would see that and adjust his methods. you cant fit a square peg into a round hole.

either Kruse is being used incorrectly or he is just not a quality player.
Agreed .... we don’t have quality.
But if we all accept that why persist with this Strategy? I just don’t get it!

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:54 am

Caught last mins and extra time.

I almost wanted Syria to win for their Hunger, Determination and Desperation that out weighed our own.

My objective opinion is that we are not worthy of a finals place.

This Aus team is bereft of anything remotely inspiring of my support.

looks like NRL and AFL have nothing to fear from Soccer in Australia for another generation or two yet

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:01 pm

HT
Honduras 1 Mexico 2
Panama 0 Costa Rica 1
T&T 2 USA 0

So as you were for now. A draw isn't enough for Honduras or Panama to leap frog USA. But if the Americans lose and one of Honduras or Panama we'd play the Yanks I believe. If both of them get up we'd play Honduras and the US are gone.

momo&medo

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:19 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:01 pm
HT
Honduras 1 Mexico 2
Panama 0 Costa Rica 1
T&T 2 USA 0

So as you were for now. A draw isn't enough for Honduras or Panama to leap frog USA. But if the Americans lose and one of Honduras or Panama we'd play the Yanks I believe. If both of them get up we'd play Honduras and the US are gone.
Honduuras just equalised and USA pulled one back.
Honduuras by far the most dangerous opponent and worst place to play away game.

momo&medo

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:23 pm

Quite drama in South America.
Chile who were running third look like getting lapped by Columbia, Peru and Argentina .... on current scores.

momo&medo

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:30 pm

Both Panama and USA in trouble now as Honduuuuras go ahead of Mexico 3:2

momo&medo

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:38 pm

Fox Sports reporting Ange has lost support from FFA and of some playing group members ..... and may be ready to quit either immediately or after qualifications are over in November.

momo&medo

Unread post by momo&medo » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:58 pm

Well US has shot themselves in the foot .... we play Honduras.
Good luck Ange or whoever.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:03 pm

I have no doubt Ange has lost some of the players. They are not inspired to play that system.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:20 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:58 pm
Well US has shot themselves in the foot .... we play Honduras.
Good luck Ange or whoever.
What a bizarre series of events! FIFA will be devastated.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:56 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:54 am
Caught last mins and extra time.

I almost wanted Syria to win for their Hunger, Determination and Desperation that out weighed our own.

My objective opinion is that we are not worthy of a finals place.

This Aus team is bereft of anything remotely inspiring of my support.

looks like NRL and AFL have nothing to fear from Soccer in Australia for another generation or two yet
Why are you still a Tigers fan then...? :lol:

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 2:14 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:50 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 10:53 am
Ange and his style of football isn't working for us. To show balance in my criticism i don't think we have the quality of footballer that is needed to play that style but a world quality coach would see that and adjust his methods. you cant fit a square peg into a round hole.

either Kruse is being used incorrectly or he is just not a quality player.
Agreed .... we don’t have quality.
But if we all accept that why persist with this Strategy? I just don’t get it!
Read an article today that suggest Ange is leaving and based on his reported comments he is quite stubborn especially when it come to his tactics. he believes they are solid and have worked for him to date and will work again in the future.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 3:08 pm

The timing of this conjecture is odd, why not wait until after.

Hoping he's doing a Mourinho and trying to throw the heat off the players.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

eyewonder
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by eyewonder » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 3:34 pm

fans desperately want a side they can have confidence in.
their insistence in playing from the back looks crap and fills supporters with nervous tension.
fancy having rookavista to come on and hopefully score a goal- he couldnt do it for perth nor wanderers- he runs fast but thats all.
our expectations far outweigh the abilities of the team- our golden age is well gone but ill still be cheering for them.

Marshall_magic
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Marshall_magic » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:24 pm

Got the result which is all that matters I guess, on to Honduras now. Should be a little easier against a team who wants to play football, rather than waste time, park the bus and pump it long all night.

Ange has to go though, the system is square pegs in round holes. How many games in his life has Leckie played as a wing back, yet Ange will only play him there. Mooy is the star of this team, yet we bench him for a huge game. A back 3 only works with a rugged yard dog centre back in the middle, I like Sainsbury, but he is not that player, we need to play a back 4, but I guess back 3 is the cool thing at the moment. Kruse was a good player 4 ACL injuries ago, now he has lost a yard of pace and is pedestrian.

For the first leg against Honduras I would like to see (Leckie & Milligan are suspended)

Ryan

Degenek - Sainsbury - Wright - Gersbach

Irvine - Luongo - Mooy

Troisi - Cahill - Goodwin

There are goals in this side, bring Rogic on for impact as I don't think he is clinical enough to be our spark yet. If we nab a result with an away goal it sets us up well for the second leg, when we will hae another outlet in Leckie.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 11:10 am

Marshall_magic wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:24 pm
Got the result which is all that matters I guess, on to Honduras now. Should be a little easier against a team who wants to play football, rather than waste time, park the bus and pump it long all night.

Ange has to go though, the system is square pegs in round holes. How many games in his life has Leckie played as a wing back, yet Ange will only play him there. Mooy is the star of this team, yet we bench him for a huge game. A back 3 only works with a rugged yard dog centre back in the middle, I like Sainsbury, but he is not that player, we need to play a back 4, but I guess back 3 is the cool thing at the moment. Kruse was a good player 4 ACL injuries ago, now he has lost a yard of pace and is pedestrian.

For the first leg against Honduras I would like to see (Leckie & Milligan are suspended)

Ryan

Irvine - Luongo - Mooy

There are goals in this side, bring Rogic on for impact as I don't think he is clinical enough to be our spark yet. If we nab a result with an away goal it sets us up well for the second leg, when we will hae another outlet in Leckie.
Don't mind that side. You'd think that Juric gets a run somewhere in the game as well. Seems to have lost his touch of late for the national side, sans the double he scored against the Saudis at home. Looks to be in OK touch at club level.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Marshall_magic
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Marshall_magic » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 8:07 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 11:10 am
Marshall_magic wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:24 pm

Ryan

Irvine - Luongo - Mooy

Don't mind that side. You'd think that Juric gets a run somewhere in the game as well. Seems to have lost his touch of late for the national side, sans the double he scored against the Saudis at home. Looks to be in OK touch at club level.
In Sydney put him up front with Cahill, but I feel as though in an away leg the 4-3-3 can become a 4-5-1, I don't know if Juric can play up front in a 1 at this level. Cahill has experience and thrives on these occaisions. If we are on the front foot then Juric & Rogic are options to find the killer blow. Would also like to see MacLaren in the picture as another option, he's got a yard of pace that none of the other striking options have.

Return to “Other Sports”