Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:03 am

Kev has been a highly erratic player all his career. Nothing's changed. He's not reliable enough to play consistent first grade at a top level, and he doesn't have one clear position to play either. Too small for wing, defence in the centres, and playing well against park footballers from minnows in a world cup is hardly a sign of immense talent.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:36 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:01 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 10 Nov, 2017 1:24 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 10 Nov, 2017 1:19 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 10 Nov, 2017 12:28 pm

Further to this, given the amount of charity work Reynolds does, to say he's the biggest goose of all time is harsh. Also, if we had to pay that much for him, how much would we have has to pay a guy like Cronk or Moylan?
On the field Reynolds is a tool .... Then take away his enthusiasm he's an average player at best .
As for his charity work off the field that's great !

Off the field I couldn't care if players choose to bubble at urinals , hump pets or drink breezers on rooftops.
It's about winning games on the field .

As for Cronk and Moylan , did we even enquire about there services or was it all speculation as it is on here with EVERY player that's up for a contract renewal or is looking for a sea change ?
For an average player, he got one hell of a send off by Dogs fans. They loved the guy. I think he'll be a revelation under Cleary. Hasler damaged him beyond belief imo.
Agree. Hasler caused untold damage to some of the players on his roster. Lichaa, Hopoate and Grub especially.
I can see him being a revelation under Cleary.

everett8
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by everett8 » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:40 am

Kevin gives 100% with his ability. Probably a player too good for state cup but not consistent or big enough for the week in week out grind of NRL. Good back up player.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:50 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:03 am
Kev has been a highly erratic player all his career. Nothing's changed. He's not reliable enough to play consistent first grade at a top level, and he doesn't have one clear position to play either. Too small for wing, defence in the centres, and playing well against park footballers from minnows in a world cup is hardly a sign of immense talent.
Totally agree i fail to see why people want him in our top 17.He would be a decent player in ESL but not the NRL

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:10 pm

how about all u negative people wait to see what IVAN does he works with these players every day, let him make the calls.

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:23 pm

How can anyone not like Kev? He seems a really great role model and a genuine and enthusiastic team mate who tries his best every outing for the Tiges. As an NRL player he has a few shortcomings in my view, and as much as I respect the guy, I think that we probably need to be looking a step above what he has offered week in week out in the past. Not to say that he isn't lifting his game - ultimately I agree with those who are willing to trust in Ivan to make the best choices for the team.

swag tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:24 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:23 pm
How can anyone not like Kev? He seems a really great role model and a genuine and enthusiastic team mate who tries his best every outing for the Tiges. As an NRL player he has a few shortcomings in my view, and as much as I respect the guy, I think that we probably need to be looking a step above what he has offered week in week out in the past. Not to say that he isn't lifting his game - ultimately I agree with those who are willing to trust in Ivan to make the best choices for the team.
I don't think any other teams would have an international captain in the ISP team.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:28 pm

Oh yeah - as for Kikau, what a beast he is. I'd want him in our side if he became available.
I've got to say that BMM has been impressive - he looks even bigger than I remember and seems to be playing with more mongrel. The weekly grind of NRL though is a different world than the RLWC so hard to say.

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by TopTiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:31 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:24 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
I don't think any other teams would have an international captain in the ISP team.

Not to mention Robbie captaining the Cedars now and playing ISP when at the Tigers!!

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:43 pm

swag tiger wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:
I don't think any other national team would have an ISP player as their captain these days.

Given their squad he is the right man for the job though.

sideline eye
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 3:19 pm

Speaking of beasts, I find I am repeating myself from an earlier post but nonetheless, I definitely want the club to do something about bringing back Ben Murdoch-Masila. I have watched him closely during this World Cup and he has been a major destroyer against the weaker teams. Then I watched him against NZ and now I'm convinced, after he scattered their defenders on almost every hit up that he could have a really good career in the NRL.

I know after his first stint in NRL that it looked like he'd never make it but with some maturity I can only say: I want BMM back!

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 3:59 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 3:19 pm
Speaking of beasts, I find I am repeating myself from an earlier post but nonetheless, I definitely want the club to do something about bringing back Ben Murdoch-Masila. I have watched him closely during this World Cup and he has been a major destroyer against the weaker teams. Then I watched him against NZ and now I'm convinced, after he scattered their defenders on almost every hit up that he could have a really good career in the NRL.

I know after his first stint in NRL that it looked like he'd never make it but with some maturity I can only say: I want BMM back!
I could handle that.

wt00
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:07 pm

:ugeek:
Hbom wrote:
Sun 12 Nov, 2017 7:25 pm
Viliame Kikau from penrith. Off contract 2019. Killing it on the left edge for fiji. Big boy. Discuss.
Big lad and goes well. Wouldn't mind seeing him in wt colours
The star of the team is the team.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 4:25 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
I was one of his harshest critics once. I'm lucky I still have roots in my head, due to the ferocity i would rip my hair out watching him defend. However once Cleary took over, Kev improved. I like Milne, but i don't think he's done anything to be ahead of Kev in the pecking order.

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by Earl » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:18 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 3:19 pm

I've said this a couple of times but I'll say it again. Him and Aloiai on our edges would be awesome. They won't last the whole game but those two and some quality centres and wingers will be hard to stop.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:00 pm

swag tiger wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:
David Mead

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:12 pm

I've been burnt more than once believing BMM had finally met his potential.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:12 pm
I've been burnt more than once believing BMM had finally met his potential.
Absolutely - Made some good runs etc. etc.

However still some stupid mistakes and giving away penalties as usual.

I'm quite happy to see him play for someone else and take the consequences.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”