Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region..

Wests Tigers Discussion
willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region..

Unread post by willow » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:09 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 5:26 pm
Meh who cares?
The whole things a dogs breakfast these days...mass confusion is the NRL pathways system...
Pretty much most NRL clubs reggie side is a totally different club altogether....I wonder if anyone knows them all off by heart/without research?
Agree. It's just a name and ultimately affiliated with Wests Tigers which is the most important thing.

hammertime
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by hammertime » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:28 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:09 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 5:26 pm
Meh who cares?
The whole things a dogs breakfast these days...mass confusion is the NRL pathways system...
Pretty much most NRL clubs reggie side is a totally different club altogether....I wonder if anyone knows them all off by heart/without research?
Agree. It's just a name and ultimately affiliated with Wests Tigers which is the most important thing.
Would be great if they did something simple and had both the logos on the front of jersey for the feeder and nrl club. One above the other. Not just for us, but for all.

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Needaname » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:41 pm

It's not the end of the world.
Having the same name in all three grades saturates the brand of wests tigers. The 20s was at least a junior professional comp and NSW cup was never.
It is not second grade so why should the team be seen that way.
By having a clear demarcation, the players in the lower grades will have more desire to play professionally for the affiliated team.
Also frees us up to have affiliations with other CUP clubs, as someone mentioned Penrith are doing. Makes that really hard when you have a dedicated 2nd grade team.
The funny thing is though at least 10 of the players in this team will come from the first grade squad.
I have a question though, is 20s going to remain Wests Tigers or are they going to include 20s with the magpies pathways as other clubs will most likely do.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 206 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:45 pm

Don't see what the big deal is. No ISP teams play under the same banner that their NRL side do.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:00 pm

This is smart business the brand resonates in the South West. They need to play with the Retro Jerseys they are awesome.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:03 pm

I dont understand losing the opportunity to have the Wests Tigers name utilised more.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:19 pm

For all you pro Balmain whingers - the original agreement when the joint venture started was that Wests and Balmain would maintain a team in the highest comp under NRL. Sheens destroyed that agreement when he convinced the board that all the Wests State Cup players should be included wit h BRET to allow an easier access to NRL. When BRET ceased to exist in state cup the name changed to Wests Tigers but failed to honour the original agreement of the joint venture. This has now been rectified with Wests Magpies now having a team in the highest comp under the NRL. There is nothing stopping Balmain Tigers entering a team in the same comp.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 399 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:45 pm
Don't see what the big deal is. No ISP teams play under the same banner that their NRL side do.
Penrith and Canterbury do..but that's it for Sydney teams ..I guess you could include St Merge who have Steelers..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:25 pm

Go the Maggies

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:27 pm

Interesting move.

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:33 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:19 pm
For all you pro Balmain whingers - the original agreement when the joint venture started was that Wests and Balmain would maintain a team in the highest comp under NRL. Sheens destroyed that agreement when he convinced the board that all the Wests State Cup players should be included wit h BRET to allow an easier access to NRL. When BRET ceased to exist in state cup the name changed to Wests Tigers but failed to honour the original agreement of the joint venture. This has now been rectified with Wests Magpies now having a team in the highest comp under the NRL. There is nothing stopping Balmain Tigers entering a team in the same comp.
Well your first phrase says it all ..... and division resurfaces. Not a good move imo

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 2:16 am

So is the isp team being coached by Hodgson? I that he was assistant coach in the NRL?

The Western Suburbs Magpies will return to the Intrust Super Premiership as a feeder club for the West Tigers, as part of the clubs Macarthur region strategy.

The side will be coached by 2005 Premiership winner Brett Hodsgon, who is trilled to be back where he started his career.

“I am absolutely thrilled to come back home to where I started playing,” Hodgson said.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 5:48 am

Bob wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 2:16 am
So is the isp team being coached by Hodgson? I that he was assistant coach in the NRL?

The Western Suburbs Magpies will return to the Intrust Super Premiership as a feeder club for the West Tigers, as part of the clubs Macarthur region strategy.

The side will be coached by 2005 Premiership winner Brett Hodsgon, who is trilled to be back where he started his career.

“I am absolutely thrilled to come back home to where I started playing,” Hodgson said.

The 2018 ISP coaching squad is also world class - and home grown. Life Member Brett Hodgson is returning to Australia as the 2018 NRL Assistant Coach, and Head Coach of the Intrust Super Premiership team.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30241

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 399 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:04 am

Bob wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 2:16 am

Makes sense to me to have your ISP Coach involved with the NRL side..if everyone is right about our depth Hodgo will be seeing a few go up n down..

I believe most of his responsibility around the NRL team will be assisting the Gaol kickers and Fullback..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:16 am

For all you pro Balmain whingers
That’s a quick way to get a lot of people off side.

Anyway...it should be a good side. With possibility Benji, Gamble, Kev, MCK, Sue, Lawrence ect all having games for the Magpies next year.
I personally would like our Reserves to be playing for the WestsTigers.
Last edited by Tigerdon on Fri 17 Nov, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Elderslie Tiger
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Elderslie Tiger » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 8:32 am

If they want to strengthen their position in Macarthur its quite simple play more games at CT and the same for LO we should make it harder for visiting teams make them travel ie Broncos Warriors Cowboys Storm Titians after a flight and road trip take the edge of teams its been reported that in the good old days the visiting team dressing room was hosed down before every game making it very uninviting in civilised times we dont need to go that far but bring the travel factor in for visiting teams.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:41 am

Don't know, seems a little odd. Will this actually benefit the NRL side in any way or will people in the region just support the ISP side and not progress further?

jirskyr
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 135 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 11:24 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:16 am
For all you pro Balmain whingers
That’s a quick way to get a lot of people off side.

Anyway...it should be a good side. With possibility Benji, Gamble, Kev, MCK, Sue, Lawrence ect all having games for the Magpies next year.
I personally would like our Reserves to be playing for the WestsTigers.
Did I even read a single pro-Balmain whinger in this thread?

Return to “Wests Tigers”