Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
shane2801
Member
Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed 18 May, 2011 8:05 pm

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Post by shane2801 » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 11:28 pm

Im really looking forward to the Maggies coming back. They will be competitive and that will be enough for me to get to most of their games next year. Bring on 2018...
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!


User avatar
galahs
Member
Member
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:50 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by galahs » Sat 10 Jun, 2017 3:36 am

I think the NSW state cup is the perfect place to preserve our games living history.
I think it's important to preserve a link to your past because we usually regret the decision to cut it away after it's too late. One of Wests Tigers greatest strengths is it was formed on the back of two foundation clubs. No other team has that much history.

Keeping 1908 foundation clubs like Western Suburbs, North's and Newtown running around on the park in the original NSWRL competition they began is something all football supporters should cherish.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:05 pm

Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. swag tiger. criwdfluffer.

User avatar
WTArmy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by WTArmy » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:27 pm

Yet, no Balmain team..
#RisingUp2018 :sign:

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4670
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 7:32 am

WTArmy wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:27 pm
Yet, no Balmain team..
Well no use complaining about that no one likes to see Balmain not participating...but reality is they are broke and even to keep an identity in the Weststigers they are being supported by the West’s group .The West’s group have the right to bring back the Magpies in lower grade they do own the club.


criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 7:48 am

WTArmy wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:27 pm
Yet, no Balmain team..

There is a tiger over the heart of the first grade side.

That's enough for me.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4670
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:45 am

Tacky wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:05 pm
I would like to buy one of these training shirts where can I get one anyone know

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16935
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:04 am

criwdfluffer wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 7:48 am
WTArmy wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:27 pm
Yet, no Balmain team..

There is a tiger over the heart of the first grade side.

That's enough for me.
If your heart is located in the left side of your chest cavity I suggest you see a doctor pronto.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:43 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:45 am
Tacky wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:05 pm
I would like to buy one of these training shirts where can I get one anyone know
I'm pretty sure that's the playing jersey but, I could be wrong. Anyway, I assume you can buy them here when they start selling them:

https://shop.westsmagpies.com.au
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. swag tiger. criwdfluffer.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2337
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 9:01 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:43 am
Snake wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:45 am
Tacky wrote:
Mon 04 Dec, 2017 9:05 pm
I would like to buy one of these training shirts where can I get one anyone know
I'm pretty sure that's the playing jersey but, I could be wrong. Anyway, I assume you can buy them here when they start selling them:

https://shop.westsmagpies.com.au

Its the training shirt - they are not available in the shop as yet.

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 11:50 am

I wonder if they will have the balmain tiger on the sleeves, just like the wests magpie on the first grade sides. God knows the hoo hah when the magpie was left off or was considered to small....

Im kidding, i couldnt care less...... its great to see the western suburbs magpies with a full identity and competing. One day when my old balmain club can get their crap together, it might be the same.

Anyway, wests tigers is my team now, the rest is just a happy memory.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Bob
Member
Member
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Bob » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 2:53 pm

It’s great for The Maggie’s.

I’m from the Balmain side originally. Genuinely happy that West’s get to have a link to there history in the ISP side.

West’s almost went under quite a few times so I’m thinking that they understand Balmains plight.

Magpies could of taken over the joint venture in a coup, however it would of been counter productive from a PR and Financial point of view, so they would of been doing it solely to be petty. Good on them for taking the moral high ground and supporting the other side of the JV Instead of trying to complete a total take over. It is the olive branch that has totally solidified the merger.

I hope one day the Balmain tigers can get financial enough to have there own ISP team too. No matter how unlikely it would be.

I think it would be great for rugby league and West’s tigers to one day have Balmain vs West’s as a curtain raiser to an NRL match. It could be the one round that each respective ISP club could bring back there past greats and really celebrate their history. The ISP round would almost become an attraction to the general public not just the hardcore fans. With the emotions not being as raw as they were initially hopefully there wouldn’t be any resentment anymore and something to bring the fans together.

Being that it is the ISP teams promoting the ISP game before the NRL, the West’s tigers NRl team could be seen as independent and not having a bias.

To the West’s tigers fans who didn’t originally support either team it would just be a great curtain raiser celebrating the history of a great club.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:00 am

FB_IMG_1513637777591.jpg
FB_IMG_1513637777591.jpg (27.06 KiB) Viewed 568 times
That's unreal.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4670
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:54 am

gallagher wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:00 am
FB_IMG_1513637777591.jpg
That's unreal.
What is the deal with Victa are they sponsoring or is this just Trolling to hook some knuck head like me ?

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 11:10 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:54 am
gallagher wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:00 am
FB_IMG_1513637777591.jpg
That's unreal.
What is the deal with Victa are they sponsoring or is this just Trolling to hook some knuck head like me ?
No, it's real. I read somewhere recently that one of the Wests officials went to the Victa premises on spec and asked if they were interested in sponsoring Wests again and they were. Obviously the money involved is commensurate for a sponsorship of an ISP team

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 11:24 am

coivtny wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 11:10 am
Snake wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:54 am
gallagher wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:00 am
FB_IMG_1513637777591.jpg
That's unreal.
What is the deal with Victa are they sponsoring or is this just Trolling to hook some knuck head like me ?
No, it's real. I read somewhere recently that one of the Wests officials went to the Victa premises on spec and asked if they were interested in sponsoring Wests again and they were. Obviously the money involved is commensurate for a sponsorship of an ISP team
Yeah. Ridgey didge.

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 11:28 am

Balmain called Philips and got put through to a call centre

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 6:15 pm

Bob wrote:
Sat 16 Dec, 2017 2:53 pm
It’s great for The Maggie’s.

I’m from the Balmain side originally. Genuinely happy that West’s get to have a link to there history in the ISP side.

West’s almost went under quite a few times so I’m thinking that they understand Balmains plight.

Magpies could of taken over the joint venture in a coup, however it would of been counter productive from a PR and Financial point of view, so they would of been doing it solely to be petty. Good on them for taking the moral high ground and supporting the other side of the JV Instead of trying to complete a total take over. It is the olive branch that has totally solidified the merger.

I hope one day the Balmain tigers can get financial enough to have there own ISP team too. No matter how unlikely it would be.

I think it would be great for rugby league and West’s tigers to one day have Balmain vs West’s as a curtain raiser to an NRL match. It could be the one round that each respective ISP club could bring back there past greats and really celebrate their history. The ISP round would almost become an attraction to the general public not just the hardcore fans. With the emotions not being as raw as they were initially hopefully there wouldn’t be any resentment anymore and something to bring the fans together.

Being that it is the ISP teams promoting the ISP game before the NRL, the West’s tigers NRl team could be seen as independent and not having a bias.

To the West’s tigers fans who didn’t originally support either team it would just be a great curtain raiser celebrating the history of a great club.
Love it. Back to Lidcombe Oval ..... hope the hot dog man is still alive?

Post Reply