Re: Crichton to roosters

Post by Onthebus » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:18 am

Earl wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:14 am
Onthebus wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:46 am
This is how the Rorters do it

Investment properties

Rorters sign Angus for 700k a season with TPAs it's 1.1 million a season over 3 years....so the Rorters buy a 1.2 million property and let him live in it and after three years it's all his

Did exactly the same Rort with Tedesco

The journos won't touch the subject hmmmm...wonder why $$$
This is completely illegal. Another point is that TPA's cannot be brokered by clubs. Therefore the highest bidder under the salary cap should get the player.

It definitely appears to be that this is not occurring.
Roosters get away with it, they basically run the NRL

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:22 am

BalmainBoy wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:06 am
Onthebus wrote:

Investment properties

Rorters sign Angus for 700k a season with TPAs it's 1.1 million a season over 3 years....so the Rorters buy a 1.2 million property and let him live in it and after three years it's all his

I'm sure its not 700k a season
Your figures are BS
I also bet the NRL have never registered a TPA worth 400k a year
The largest TPA in the Parramatta matter was 50k per year.
Come on.. stop spinning crap cause half the people here are going to believe you without any critical thinking at all.

I wasn't giving his exact amount he signed for, an example of how they manipulate the system

Parramatta got caught with silly waxing salons and so on,Roosters have done it with properties

No BS

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:42 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:32 am
The Tigers really need to hire one of the accountants from the Roosters; Melbourne or Brisbane.

Get them on the Bus Pascoe!
Yep. Bernie Gurr was Parras best signing since Gibson.

BalmainBoy

Post by BalmainBoy » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:43 am

Onthebus wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:16 am
BalmainBoy wrote:
Onthebus wrote:

Investment properties

Your figures are BS
Come on.. stop spinning crap cause half the people here are going to believe you without any critical thinking at all.
Ok believe what you want to...it's not crap....it's basic stuff

Why did Tedesco move out from his place with Brooks and Moses and into a new appartment down Bondi way? ....Hmmm

Same with Fitler years ago....hmmm

Roosters rorting the system with investment properties
So he doesnt have to travel as much?
Because its a bit uncomfortable living with competitors"? I would have thought this is what 99% of us would do for both ease and convenience...
Oh and .. and were they living in a Meriton apartment? I wouldn't "open that door" as a Tigers fan.
It would be more odd if it had of stayed dont you think?
Speaking of Tedesco... you think he renegged on the canberra deal a few years ago to stay at the Tigers for less because of a quiet word in Farah's ear? or do you think it was TPA related.?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:57 am

BalmainBoy wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:08 am
tig_prmz wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:43 pm
BalmainBoy wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 3:26 pm
Roosters have lost:
Aiden Guerra 200-300k
Connor Watson 150-250k
Shuan Kenny-Dowall 250k-300k
Jayden Nikorima 100-200k
Paul Carter 100k - 200k
Mitchell Pearce 800-900k
Michael Gordon 200k -300k (maybe more?)
Kane Evans 100k
Liam Knights 100k

2 millionish lost?

Gained
Cronk - 800k?
Tedesco - 1 million
ugraded Keary - 200k upgrade?

Increased value 2 millionish?

The salary cap rose also from 7.6 to 9.4 million (1.8 million) - so any players ive missed or upgrades would fit within that..

Easy to say Roosters are rorters.. but I can see how they can fit Chrichton in with the players they've lost

The comments here seem unfounded when you really look at it..
you can't replace 9 players with 3.. you still need a top 30.
Min wage 1-26 is 100k
27-30 is 70 k
Won’t cost much 24-30
6 players will cost 500k
Guerra and Pearce played origin
SKD an international
Watson was the best 14 in the game if not one of the best
Gordon was on good money surely
At one stage Liam Knight was the next big thing
I’m telling you it adds up
But hey let’s be outraged ... life is better when you hate something
BB you may indeed be right. Point is almost nobody believes it and it's causing trouble amongst the supporter base.

For example yes Guerra and Pearce played Origin fine, but they are being swapped for two BETTER Origin players. Watson was on his first contract, hence why he's moved because the original value must have been low. Gordon was a reject pickup at his 4th club on a 1-year deal, so not surely on good money. Liam Knight was touted yes, but there can't be much money there because he only ever played 1 game FG.

We are reaching the point where the NRL has to start publishing facts and figures, otherwise supporters are getting all up in arms about clandestine dealings. I'm no alarmist but read already how many folks are talking about the NRL being in cahoots with the Roosters, which is surely nonsense.

But however you try to explain it, I can't see how Roosters can afford their side without non-cap payments. I just can't see how they squish so much quality into one team. Maybe in the old days when top players stuck together in formidable sides, but the modern player is mostly about the money, they go where the dollars are. There seem to be lots of dollars at the Roosters, and Roosters are landing absolutely everyone they set their eyes on. People have had enough, it's reached tipping point.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:59 am

Well travel is a issue in Sydney these days considering how bad the roads are, I'd move closer to work as well

I don't think the Tigers are rorting the system like the Roosters do, every team is rorting the cap, others get away with it better than others,Roosters are doing it in everyone's face and some still think they are doing things legit

Speaking of Tedesco......you won't be hearing how he renegged on the Bulldogs for a better deal with the Roosters in the last minute. His TPAs when he renegged on the Raiders would be nothing compared to what he is getting now.

Tigers looked after Tedesco when he had serious injuries, I'm glad he looked after the club in return considering all the re-signing delays

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:12 am

bigsiro wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 11:40 pm
Sadly, the imbalance in the league inevitably leads to fans being disenchanted and less engaged. I am one of them.
The NRL has become like the NBA & Premier League. The main difference is that at least in those leagues there is no suggestion of cap shenanigans, nor are there obvious under-handed double-dealings by the league's administrative body; all behind the backdrop of their own increasingly pathetic charade suggesting that they themselves enforce cap laws to maintain a level playing field.
What utter BS.
Hold on a second.

Assuming you are right, and I don't think you are, but assuming there is a conspiracy at NRL HQ to assist certain clubs to gain advantage with their rosters, you would rather they be honest about it and just let the top clubs landslide dominate rather than keep what we currently have?

Because despite whatever conspiracies you see, the results still show that the current approach distributes talent pretty well between teams and nobody dominates premierships. Sure Roosters signed a few high-profile players this year and this seems to indicate an imbalance in non-salary payments, but they are the only club really doing it with any success, everyone else gets found out and Parra cheated last year to produce what was still a fairly ordinary side.

If you were to make it "open slather" like the EPL then Brisbane and Roosters win the comp every year because nobody can compete with their top-end money.

But unlike the EPL there's no reward of any kind for finishing in the top tier, there's no UEFA cup in rugby league.

You might not think the comp is even, and guess what you are right, it never has been. We can never compete with teams like Brisbane anywhere except on-field performances, not unless Uncle Harry becomes the new Marwan Koukash and douses our club with money. The rules that are in place protect clubs like Tigers, Souths and Knights, even if they are imperfect.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:14 am

BalmainBoy wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:43 am
Onthebus wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:16 am
BalmainBoy wrote:
Onthebus wrote:

Investment properties

Your figures are BS
Ok believe what you want to...it's not crap....it's basic stuff

Why did Tedesco move out from his place with Brooks and Moses and into a new appartment down Bondi way? ....Hmmm

Same with Fitler years ago....hmmm

Roosters rorting the system with investment properties
So he doesnt have to travel as much?
Because its a bit uncomfortable living with competitors"? I would have thought this is what 99% of us would do for both ease and convenience...
Oh and .. and were they living in a Meriton apartment? I wouldn't "open that door" as a Tigers fan.
It would be more odd if it had of stayed dont you think?
Speaking of Tedesco... you think he renegged on the canberra deal a few years ago to stay at the Tigers for less because of a quiet word in Farah's ear? or do you think it was TPA related.?
Tedesco's TPA's weren't sorted out until after season's end

One was with a Campbelltown Radio Station (91.9 from memory) and a local builder

Fact

He had already decided to renege on Canberra deal BEFORE meeting with Farah

Fact

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:49 am

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:12 am
bigsiro wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 11:40 pm
Sadly, the imbalance in the league inevitably leads to fans being disenchanted and less engaged. I am one of them.
The NRL has become like the NBA & Premier League. The main difference is that at least in those leagues there is no suggestion of cap shenanigans, nor are there obvious under-handed double-dealings by the league's administrative body; all behind the backdrop of their own increasingly pathetic charade suggesting that they themselves enforce cap laws to maintain a level playing field.
What utter BS.
Hold on a second.

Assuming you are right, and I don't think you are, but assuming there is a conspiracy at NRL HQ to assist certain clubs to gain advantage with their rosters, you would rather they be honest about it and just let the top clubs landslide dominate rather than keep what we currently have?

Because despite whatever conspiracies you see, the results still show that the current approach distributes talent pretty well between teams and nobody dominates premierships. Sure Roosters signed a few high-profile players this year and this seems to indicate an imbalance in non-salary payments, but they are the only club really doing it with any success, everyone else gets found out and Parra cheated last year to produce what was still a fairly ordinary side.

If you were to make it "open slather" like the EPL then Brisbane and Roosters win the comp every year because nobody can compete with their top-end money.

But unlike the EPL there's no reward of any kind for finishing in the top tier, there's no UEFA cup in rugby league.

You might not think the comp is even, and guess what you are right, it never has been. We can never compete with teams like Brisbane anywhere except on-field performances, not unless Uncle Harry becomes the new Marwan Koukash and douses our club with money. The rules that are in place protect clubs like Tigers, Souths and Knights, even if they are imperfect.
I wouldn’t call it a conspiracy, rather wilfull blindness. And yes, I would rather the NRL be honest about their hypocrisy. The Parramatta scandal and now the current situation at Manly are further examples of the NRL making examples and scapegoats of lesser teams so they can continue ignoring the real problem of the TPA debacle. I don’t think we are protected in the manner you suggest.
As to the reason that Roosters and Broncos don’t win every year? Well, they usually come pretty close and as far as I’m concerned they simply crack under pressure. Notoriously even..(it is actually laughable how unsuccessful the Roosters have been considering their roster over the last 20-25 years, more or less.)

The truth of all this however comes down to jealousy.
The Chooks, Broncos, Sharks and Storm have good cultures and will always find ways to win and sign good players by circumventing the salary cap laws - while we don’t (or we just sign crap players on silly contracts).
If every team just followed the big boys example then the imbalance of the league would be minimal.
The league administration is a rort, so as long as we all know that then it’s time to wake up smell the hypocrisy. If we can’t beat them we have to join them.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 1:37 pm

I don't buy the culture argument. I agree that it is club's rorting the cap but that isn't a good culture.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:47 pm

Earl wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 1:37 pm
I don't buy the culture argument. I agree that it is club's rorting the cap but that isn't a good culture.
Slightly confused Earl

Why can't a club cheating the cap have a good culture ??

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:47 pm
Earl wrote:
Slightly confused Earl

You mean the club rife with drug addicts, dog rooters and sex pests?
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:10 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:
Slightly confused Earl

Thought we were talking about any of the 16 clubs , not just the Roosters :oops:

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:20 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:
Slightly confused Earl

Thought we were talking about any of the 16 clubs , not just the Roosters :oops:
Are you saying that the Sharks have a good culture pfffftttttt
Don't you remember their drugs scandals of the near past

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:29 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:22 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Slightly confused Earl

Melbourne were cheating the cap and no one would ever question their culture

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:29 pm
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:22 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Melbourne were cheating the cap and no one would ever question their culture
Cheating is different to drugs and the sexual depravities of some clubs. I can't recall any of these things happening at the Storm. Having said this Canberra has had the worst Monaghan, Carney, Ferguson and Dugan.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:44 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:38 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:32 pm
tigerap wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 4:06 pm
Its hard to believe how NRL players these days go from nuffies to superstar pay packets in the space of 12 months...The greed that is in the game is very sad....

if the Roosters win the comp in the next 2 or 3 years it can only be a hollow one within the ranks, surely they can't hold the trophy up and feel like they "won" it...or lay claim to have "earned" it...they "bought" it...Gee, I hate the way the game has changed in the last 10-15 years...but I still follow it and my team... there is no way this competition is a level playing field...
Geez , do you really believe that if we did exactly what the Roosters do , or at least what we think they do , and snaffle a premiership because of it. That we all would line up at the NRL office
And tell them that because of all of us having a terrible hollow feeling ,we want to hand back the Trophy, So we can sleep soundly again.
Hypocrisy is alive and well.
I’d bet not ONE of us would be thinking about hollow feelings, or buying a premiership .

We wouldn’t give a bugger how we did it, as long as we got there you’d be cheering your head off along with the rest of us,
It’s easy for supporters (of any club) to have a holier than thou attitude when they believe that
Another clubs get a better run than their club does
We can whinge all we like, it’ll change nothing, we’ve got to get smarter.

However if I’m wrong and you’d line up to return the Trophy don’t bother being early as you’d probably be the only one in the line :roll
I think you would be surprised how many would be in the line.

I would be, and I would still get there early.

You can go your own way and enjoy it.
Most of our supporters would still be celebrating for the next three months.so it will be about that long for the hollow feeling to start.
Then we’ll contemplate the gravity of such an empty win. Then say”Bugger It and go back to celebrating for the rest of the next season
Come on Russ........even you would would be having a little tap dance when you thought no one was watching.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 3:53 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 10:01 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:29 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:24 pm

Anthony Seibold said on the news that Souths offered him $650K a season.
Again we need to ask if that is salary cap or with any TPA's BT

As I said just before , lot of good back rowers in the NRL and it would be doubtful he is in the Top 10 on that list

Just my opinion
This is exactly why the NRL needs to move away from a Salary Cap to a points based system that can't be manipulated by TPA's.
I've been a fan of that idea , but do clubs then miss out on bargain pick ups and in the end will this possibly make the NRL even more lopsided when clubs find a loophole in this

The penalties for salary cap breaches need to be far more harsh to deter it

If clubs have been breaching the cap for 5 seasons , penalize them competition points wise for 5 seasons

Try getting sponsors and TPA's when it is almost impossible to make the 8 for 5 years and see players mass abandon sides when it happens

Real true penalties

Other idea is limit how many TPA's can be offered , two per club for example and they are strictly monitored by ATO ,NRL and AFP

Two players aren't going to win you a comp
I think either the whole salary cap/TPA has to be scrapped and a point system put in place where clubs can pay what they like to a player but are limited by a points total. Yep there are issues with it but it would be no worse than the current system. If players want to earn more for their intellectual property it is up to them and their manager to source.
The other way is as happy says - if you keep the current system make the penalties so harsh that it hits clubs for a few years to the point where they lose sponsors, players and members. It would be a game little rooster ;) who would run the gauntlet.