Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 12:33 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:55 am
colmcd wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 10:54 pm
I reckon Warren has a great chance at being the Democrat candidate, she will probably get Bernie's endorsement and move in from the left.

You see, unlike donald, liar in Chief. Warren actually enacts the laws and campaigns on the issues to clean up the swamp.
http://fortune.com/2016/09/16/elizabeth ... anks-jail/
http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/501/credit-traps.html

What you don't get is, if you are PRO FAMILY. You should care too:
"I think this is a real danger area ... We have about 50 million American families who can't pay off their credit cards."

Cards, that can have a variable interest rate. So that when payments are missed the rate jumps from 20% to a much higher rate. This means that food isn't on the table for those families.

That's why we want the swamp drained. That's why I LOVE banking regulation in Australia, it keeps us out of Nasty US Debt.
But who does trump appoint, SWAMP:
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/u ... ncna816621

Because trump is Pro swamp, he is pressuring Americans and particularly family units.

No one cares if Warren has an Indian Great Grandmother. NO ONE. People care if they can't feed their kids.
Warren will help put bread on the table for those families struggling.
You live in an alternative universe where Hillary Clinton is a very moral person, Elizabeth Warren is not totally bonkers, and now Bernie Sanders is reasonable and moderate.

I suppose next you will tell me that Harvey Weinstein should head up the US Women's Bureau.
If you are going to say someone is "unreasonable" or "bonkers" say why!

All I see is childish name calling. So I will let you know what one decent republican actually thinks of her:
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), saying “if you’re going to go fight for something, you can’t ask for a better partner.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizabeth ... ictory-lap

Why does this matter?

Because families in the US after the GFC were moved from Houses to live in their cars!

A car is no place for a family to live. Banking de-regulation allowed this to happen. Warren is one of the few people fighting for proper regulation, so that you know the bank which says it has your money, actually has it.


colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 12:45 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 6:06 pm
Rabid leftist is not a compatible term in the US. The Democrats sit farther to the right than the Libs.
100% agreed. The US democrats are extremely conservative, Center-left on social issues, Center-right on economic issues.

It's one of the reasons why Universal Healthcare is debated in America, but introduced everywhere else.

Likewise with Education.

Sadly our Australian Politicans go to the US and look at their silly system. They get pushed the dumb american political ideas and then lobbied to implement them over here. Their ideas are not better then ours, their country is worse.

Stop copying America. Even if you are right wing, look to better people for your leadership...

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Unread post by Abraham » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 2:35 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 12:33 pm
If you are going to say someone is "unreasonable" or "bonkers" say why!

All I see is childish name calling. So I will let you know what one decent republican actually thinks of her:
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), saying “if you’re going to go fight for something, you can’t ask for a better partner.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizabeth ... ictory-lap

Why does this matter?

Because families in the US after the GFC were moved from Houses to live in their cars!

A car is no place for a family to live. Banking de-regulation allowed this to happen. Warren is one of the few people fighting for proper regulation, so that you know the bank which says it has your money, actually has it.
I think i made it quite clear why 'Miss high-cheekbones who runs with wolves and lives in tee-pee' is bonkers.

Everybody can go back and read the reason i gave. I suggest you do the same.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:27 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 2:35 pm
colmcd wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 12:33 pm
If you are going to say someone is "unreasonable" or "bonkers" say why!

All I see is childish name calling. So I will let you know what one decent republican actually thinks of her:
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), saying “if you’re going to go fight for something, you can’t ask for a better partner.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizabeth ... ictory-lap

Why does this matter?

Because families in the US after the GFC were moved from Houses to live in their cars!

A car is no place for a family to live. Banking de-regulation allowed this to happen. Warren is one of the few people fighting for proper regulation, so that you know the bank which says it has your money, actually has it.
I think i made it quite clear why 'Miss high-cheekbones who runs with wolves and lives in tee-pee' is bonkers.

Everybody can go back and read the reason i gave. I suggest you do the same.
I also made a very good reason why she is BLOODY AWESOME! Someone who kicks the banks because they are kicking families. Man I hope someone as good as Warren becomes POTUS, because she has stood up for the underdog.

Now I hear you, trump was meant too "drain the swamp". But that liar appointed all the swamprats from wall street straight to the white house. Boy once his supporters realise how badly ripped off they were they are going to be hurting.

You see, you might not get this, but in Australia we stand up for the underdog. We help a mate who is in need. You don't seem to get that, that's a shame.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Unread post by Munk » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:20 pm

colmcd wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 11:07 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 6:06 pm
Rabid leftist is not a compatible term in the US. The Democrats sit farther to the right than the Libs.
Agreed.

If you look at Bernie Sanders, you see a fairly reasonable old man use logic to argue against his opponents.
ted cruz was both Rabid and awful in his language and demeanor. If NRL was in America he would be a Roosters supporter, switching to the Storm when they are loosing.
mr trump is just a walking swear jar. Totally Rabid and out of control.

Either Hillary or Sanders would be doing a very good job now, light years ahead of drumpht. It's a shame the US voters wanted to shoot themselves in the foot.
Hillary would have been a trainwreck and is totaly rabid and out of control.


Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:00 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 5:38 pm

Abe, you seem to have a problem with the idea of a woman being in a leadership role. Anyone can challenge Donald, as long as they are male. Surprise, surprise!
No, i seem to have a problem with idiot left wingers.

Are you one of them?

Hilary Clinton is not an 'idiot left winger', she is an accomplished, assertive & intelligent woman, but people apparently can't handle those qualities in a female, judging by the way she (& others like her) is always being savagely trashed.

No I am not. The whole 'left wing', 'right wing' concept is a false dichotomy, a complete load of bollocks that the whole world appears to have fallen for, so they can justify calling each other names, instead of being open to healthy debate.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16184
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:05 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:46 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 6:06 pm
Rabid leftist is not a compatible term in the US. The Democrats sit farther to the right than the Libs.
I think your about 20 years behind the times CB.

The Democrats circa 2018 have moved so far to the left that they are comparable to the Australian Greens in many respects. From gun control to late-term abortion to socialism to immigration and race policies to this whole LGBT/Gender fluidity nonsense, they have become extreme leftists in their official platforms on alot of issues.

They are the party the booed God at the 2012 national convention, remember.

During the 1990's there was alot of overlap between the parties, with neither being at the extreme end of the respective left/right spectrum. The Republicans basically plateaued in their move to the right in about 2012 (off memory), when the Tea Party was at the height of their powers, and have since slowed that move. Prior to that they had actually moved more to the left somewhat. However over this same time the Democrats have moved further and further to the Left, with a huge jump left over the past 18 months.

Pew Research has some pretty in depth data if you can dig it up.
The base might be but the elected representatives are just corporate America shills who keep feeding the military complex, just like the establishment GOP candidates.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Unread post by Munk » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 6:52 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:00 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 5:38 pm

Abe, you seem to have a problem with the idea of a woman being in a leadership role. Anyone can challenge Donald, as long as they are male. Surprise, surprise!
No, i seem to have a problem with idiot left wingers.

Are you one of them?

Hilary Clinton is not an 'idiot left winger', she is an accomplished, assertive & intelligent woman, but people apparently can't handle those qualities in a female, judging by the way she (& others like her) is always being savagely trashed.

No I am not. The whole 'left wing', 'right wing' concept is a false dichotomy, a complete load of bollocks that the whole world appears to have fallen for, so they can justify calling each other names, instead of being open to healthy debate.
Spud do your research. Hillary has been a shady person since her early days as a lawyer. She has been involved in controversy after controversy, scandal after scandal, her whole adult life. She used and abused her husbands position to become rich. She doesnt care about women's rights, most of the women who Bill was accused of sexualy assaulting (including rape) were audited at her command to shut them up. She has been investigated a number of times but has destroyed or "lost" evidence before they could hang her. She is an evil drunken old woman and the world is lucky she failed to become president.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Unread post by Abraham » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:03 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:00 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 5:38 pm

Abe, you seem to have a problem with the idea of a woman being in a leadership role. Anyone can challenge Donald, as long as they are male. Surprise, surprise!
No, i seem to have a problem with idiot left wingers.

Are you one of them?

Hilary Clinton is not an 'idiot left winger', she is an accomplished, assertive & intelligent woman, but people apparently can't handle those qualities in a female, judging by the way she (& others like her) is always being savagely trashed.

No I am not. The whole 'left wing', 'right wing' concept is a false dichotomy, a complete load of bollocks that the whole world appears to have fallen for, so they can justify calling each other names, instead of being open to healthy debate.
Yep, you're one of them.

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Unread post by Abraham » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:08 am

colmcd wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:27 pm
You see, you might not get this, but in Australia we stand up for the underdog. We help a mate who is in need. You don't seem to get that, that's a shame.
Are you playing the Rocky theme music in the background while your typing your ode to the underdog?

Elizabeth Warren is no battling underdog trying to beat 'the man'. She is worth about US$10m, and got a fair chunk of that by playing make believe that she is an American Indian.

You sounded smarter when you were calling Hillary 'Moral'.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19214
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:24 am

The thing that gets me about the right, is that they are relentless when it comes to Hillary, yet laugh when the blowtorch gets turned on Trump, despite conclusive evidence. Idk if it’s ignorance or stupidity, or both.

Ftr I cannot stand Hillary and am not defending her against being shady, but to think she’s a criminal and the current POTUS is a clean skin is a very simple way of thinking. Deep down I think a lot do know it, but they are willing to turn the other cheek, seeeing as how he caters to them.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 11:26 am

Munk wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 6:52 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:00 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 5:38 pm

Abe, you seem to have a problem with the idea of a woman being in a leadership role. Anyone can challenge Donald, as long as they are male. Surprise, surprise!
No, i seem to have a problem with idiot left wingers.

Are you one of them?

Hilary Clinton is not an 'idiot left winger', she is an accomplished, assertive & intelligent woman, but people apparently can't handle those qualities in a female, judging by the way she (& others like her) is always being savagely trashed.

No I am not. The whole 'left wing', 'right wing' concept is a false dichotomy, a complete load of bollocks that the whole world appears to have fallen for, so they can justify calling each other names, instead of being open to healthy debate.
Spud do your research. Hillary has been a shady person since her early days as a lawyer. She has been involved in controversy after controversy, scandal after scandal, her whole adult life. She used and abused her husbands position to become rich. She doesnt care about women's rights, most of the women who Bill was accused of sexualy assaulting (including rape) were audited at her command to shut them up. She has been investigated a number of times but has destroyed or "lost" evidence before they could hang her. She is an evil drunken old woman and the world is lucky she failed to become president.
Twice, thank God.

She could not beat Obama and could not even beat the so called "crazy, idiotic" Trump. And if she runs again, she will get beaten again. Some people will just not go away.

Back to the woods for Hillary, after she goes to the dock.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 2:34 pm

Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:03 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:00 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 10 Jan, 2018 5:38 pm

Abe, you seem to have a problem with the idea of a woman being in a leadership role. Anyone can challenge Donald, as long as they are male. Surprise, surprise!
No, i seem to have a problem with idiot left wingers.

Are you one of them?

Hilary Clinton is not an 'idiot left winger', she is an accomplished, assertive & intelligent woman, but people apparently can't handle those qualities in a female, judging by the way she (& others like her) is always being savagely trashed.

No I am not. The whole 'left wing', 'right wing' concept is a false dichotomy, a complete load of bollocks that the whole world appears to have fallen for, so they can justify calling each other names, instead of being open to healthy debate.
Yep, you're one of them.
Thanks for being so judgemental and self righteous, but you have no idea about me at all.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25107
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 3:34 pm

Why do people need to get personal...oh Politics...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Unread post by Abraham » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 4:30 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 2:34 pm
Thanks for being so judgemental and self righteous, but you have no idea about me at all.
The irony just gave you third degree burns.

2 minutes ago you accused me of being a misogynist without any evidence of sexism and without knowing me at all.

Being judgemental and self righteous looks to be your exclusive domain. Spud.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Unread post by colmcd » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 4:41 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 2:34 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:03 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 10:00 pm
Abraham wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:06 am


No, i seem to have a problem with idiot left wingers.

Are you one of them?

Hilary Clinton is not an 'idiot left winger', she is an accomplished, assertive & intelligent woman, but people apparently can't handle those qualities in a female, judging by the way she (& others like her) is always being savagely trashed.

No I am not. The whole 'left wing', 'right wing' concept is a false dichotomy, a complete load of bollocks that the whole world appears to have fallen for, so they can justify calling each other names, instead of being open to healthy debate.
Yep, you're one of them.
Thanks for being so judgemental and self righteous, but you have no idea about me at all.
Honestly Spud, your comments above are right on the mark.
The whole "left wing" vs "right wing" concept is a complete load of Bollocks. It is designed to get people like Abraham cheerleading for his side against reasoned debate.

He hasn't attacked Decisions, philosophies or Ideas. He hasn't highlighted comments or sources.

I'm up for holding a high standard to elected reps. But the Free pass that was given to tony "I lied my butt off" abbott was disgusting. By far Australia's worst PM and it has permitted Malcolm to come in and perform at a low standard as well. Sadly were paying the cost of this with a very expensive upgrade of our internet from copper wire, too copper wire among other things.

Well that about as good as Salary cap enforcement!

I want a high standard. If that means kicking a politician I like. Do it.
But if you're going to apply a high standard, base it off questionable usually WRONG sources and place that on one side only. Then your harming your argument and your country. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander and I only take

That is exactly what Abraham is doing. Only his precious radical right politicians are innocent. This then allows them to get away with sillyness that is against his own beliefs. For instance, it is the Right of politics who want to push people to work Saturdays and Sundays... Which is traditionally family time. If you are Pro Families you should be arguing against it, but because you become partisan and cheerleader for your side you argue against your beliefs.

So keep being independent, Judge people on their actions and merits. But if one side offers slop while only pointing to the floors of the other side... kick them to the ground. We have a preferential system in Australia and that means we can demand higher standards.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19214
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 7:08 pm

Mango Mussolini has announced he’s cancelling his London trip due to the embassy being relocated by the Obama administration. Surprise surprise, that’s a lie. It was relocated by the Bush administration in 2008.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:04 pm

Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 4:30 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 2:34 pm
Thanks for being so judgemental and self righteous, but you have no idea about me at all.
The irony just gave you third degree burns.

2 minutes ago you accused me of being a misogynist without any evidence of sexism and without knowing me at all.

Being judgemental and self righteous looks to be your exclusive domain. Spud.
Actually no.... I didn't accuse you of being anything at all. I merely made an observation, from the rather derogatory way you speak about them in your posts, that you 'seem' to have a problem with women in leadership. You've drawn your own conclusion that you're a misogynist :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”

cron