Realistic team list round 1 2018

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 26522
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Re: Realistic team list round 1 2018

Post by Geo. » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 3:05 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 11:48 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:40 pm

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. David Nofoaluma
3.. Esan Marsters
4. Teanne Milne
5. Maha Fonua

6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks

8. Alex Twal
9. Elijah Taylor
10. Ben Mataulino
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence (c)
13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Tim Grant
15. Russell Packer
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Matt McIlwrick

18. Kevin Naiqama
19 Chris McQueen
This is the best structured team to date factoring in Suli & Liddle not being ready. Any idea of playing a Utility and a 2nd DH on the same bench is simply crazy. For the first 4-6 weeks, we need to play structured football building on the implemented structures of the Pre-Season [these are traditionally simple]. Maybe once we can achieve these things week-to-week, we may see an expansive style of football that includes 3 Halves? [Winning the GF wont be important until September]

However, I wont be surprised to see Kev get a start over Fonua though, considering his good WC and tenure at the club? [both are plodders]
Do backs fall in the plodder catagory.. I don't know...something doesn't feel right about it..

Maybe slowdders...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20122
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 3:21 pm

junior05 wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:46 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 9:39 am
With 2 international props who have played 350 games between them, there’s no way Twal starts. Could be a different story in a year, but he doesn’t need to start yet. Besides, when he does, I’d be playing him at lock.
What will you do with Eisenhuth?
He’d move into the prop rotation.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 5:04 pm

I’m not sure about a round 1 team but my prediction is we will give the Roosters a toweling. Everyone involved at the club is saying there is a hunger and determination not seen before. Listen to Reynolds on the latest podcast - he says everything is a competition at the moment. I’m not sure how we will go throughout the season but I truly believe round 1 will be huge. Tigers supporters are so excited - the crowd will be a good one. We will ambush the Rorters for sure. There is something positive building in Tigerland!!

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 6:41 pm

You mean like we did to souths last year?!?!?

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3556
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 6:47 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 5:04 pm
I’m not sure about a round 1 team but my prediction is we will give the Roosters a toweling. Everyone involved at the club is saying there is a hunger and determination not seen before. Listen to Reynolds on the latest podcast - he says everything is a competition at the moment. I’m not sure how we will go throughout the season but I truly believe round 1 will be huge. Tigers supporters are so excited - the crowd will be a good one. We will ambush the Rorters for sure. There is something positive building in Tigerland!!
I’m with you Tiger Steve . The playing group assembled has the ability to rattle the Roosters . Through bustling play and good footwork and offloads. It’s a physical strong looking side.
However I think we are lacking a flamboyant head case . Like Ferguson or James Roberts type. Some of the best NBA coaches have an unwritten rule - you can have one headcase on your team, no problems. Two headcases, and you're in trouble, because they'll instinctively start hanging out and back each others' plays.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...


InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1851
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 3:05 pm

12. Chris Lawrence (c)

Maybe slowdders...
God help us if 'Brick hands-Plodder' Lawrence is still in the team :deadhorse:

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 11:43 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 5:04 pm
I’m not sure about a round 1 team but my prediction is we will give the Roosters a toweling. Everyone involved at the club is saying there is a hunger and determination not seen before. Listen to Reynolds on the latest podcast - he says everything is a competition at the moment. I’m not sure how we will go throughout the season but I truly believe round 1 will be huge. Tigers supporters are so excited - the crowd will be a good one. We will ambush the Rorters for sure. There is something positive building in Tigerland!!
Aaahh, Steve, what a fearless prediction! I was getting a bit pessimistic with some of the negative posts on here but you've brought out the supreme optimist in me with just one post. Yes, I agree now, we will absolutely flog those rorters!

will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Fri 12 Jan, 2018 11:53 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 11:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 5:04 pm
I’m not sure about a round 1 team but my prediction is we will give the Roosters a toweling. Everyone involved at the club is saying there is a hunger and determination not seen before. Listen to Reynolds on the latest podcast - he says everything is a competition at the moment. I’m not sure how we will go throughout the season but I truly believe round 1 will be huge. Tigers supporters are so excited - the crowd will be a good one. We will ambush the Rorters for sure. There is something positive building in Tigerland!!
Aaahh, Steve, what a fearless prediction! I was getting a bit pessimistic with some of the negative posts on here but you've brought out the supreme optimist in me with just one post. Yes, I agree now, we will absolutely flog those rorters!
I hope that's true maybe not smash them but would love to finally beat them

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 26522
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 6:16 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 8:22 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 12 Jan, 2018 3:05 pm

12. Chris Lawrence (c)

Maybe slowdders...
God help us if 'Brick hands-Plodder' Lawrence is still in the team :deadhorse:
Nice season still a few months away and already slipping the boot into our players....

That's Captain Brick Hands-Plodder to you... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:13 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 8:40 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 3:42 pm
Given the pre season injury update ...where are all the realistic Rd 1 team lists...?
Give us your side Geo
1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. David Nofoaluma
3.. Esan Marsters
4. Teanne Milne
5. Maha Fonua

6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks

8. Alex Twal
9. Elijah Taylor
10. Ben Mataulino
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence (c)
13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Tim Grant
15. Russell Packer
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Matt McIlwrick

18. Kevin Naiqama
19 Chris McQueen
If we're going to start with one of Matulino or Packer on the bench then it shouldn't be Packer - to get value out of him he needs to be playing two stints. Matulino would be a better bench option given he can play long, unbroken stints without losing effectiveness.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:42 am

Assuming Suli and Liddle are out:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Milne
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Taylor
10. Twal
11. McQueen
12. Aloiai
13. Eisenhuth

14. Matulino
15. Sue
16. McIlwrick
17. Lawrence

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4364
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 11:09 am

Nelson wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:42 am
Assuming Suli and Liddle are out:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Milne
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Taylor
10. Twal
11. McQueen
12. Aloiai
13. Eisenhuth

14. Matulino
15. Sue
16. McIlwrick
17. Lawrence
Good side.
With Matulini coming off the bench, would he be expected to play the game out without a break?

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 11:42 am

Realistic team list round 1:
1. LoLo
2. Nofo
3. Milne
4. Fonua
5. Kev
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. McMillwrik
10. Grant
11. Lawerance
12. Mc Queen
13. ET
14. Twal
15. Matolino
16. Sue
17. Eiso

18. Marshall
19. Marsters

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 11:44 am

Forgot Aloia, scrap that...

User avatar
wmlmaster
Member
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun 17 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by wmlmaster » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:58 pm

The team below is based on Moses Suli and Jacob Liddle being unfit to be considered:

01. Tuimoala Lolohea
02. David Nofoaluma
03. Taane Milne
04. Mahe Fonua
05. Kevin Naiqama (can double up as fullback in case of injury)

06. Josh Reynolds (c) (he is here for change of culture and attitude)
07. Luke Brooks

08. Russell Packer
09. Matt McIlwrick
10. Ben Matulino
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Alex Twal
15. Tim Grant
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Benji Marshall

18. Chris McQueen
19. Esan Masters

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 1:05 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 11:09 am
Nelson wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:42 am
Assuming Suli and Liddle are out:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Milne
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Taylor
10. Twal
11. McQueen
12. Aloiai
13. Eisenhuth

14. Matulino
15. Sue
16. McIlwrick
17. Lawrence
Good side.
With Matulini coming off the bench, would he be expected to play the game out without a break?
Not necessarily but he could if required. I'd bring him on for Packer at 20-25 minutes with Twal playing a longer first stint of 30 odd before Sue comes on. Sue could then go off around 60 minutes with Packer coming back on and Matulino could be subbed for Twal around the 70 minute mark, or play out the game if Twal is needed at lock in the event of an injury. Alternatively Twal could come on earlier if Matulino is looking gassed or is needed to play more of an impact role.

wt01
Member
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed 01 Nov, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by wt01 » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 4:30 pm

wmlmaster wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:58 pm
The team below is based on Moses Suli and Jacob Liddle being unfit to be considered:

01. Tuimoala Lolohea
02. David Nofoaluma
03. Taane Milne
04. Mahe Fonua
05. Kevin Naiqama (can double up as fullback in case of injury)

06. Josh Reynolds (c) (he is here for change of culture and attitude)
07. Luke Brooks

08. Russell Packer
09. Matt McIlwrick
10. Ben Matulino
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Elijah Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Alex Twal
15. Tim Grant
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Benji Marshall

18. Chris McQueen
19. Esan Masters
love this team....lawrence could also be included in the reserves....only change would be possibly 'nelson's' idea......with twal starting and packer or matulino on the bench....twal is an excellent workhorse prop
Official Member of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club
+ Marshall's Magic :righton:

likeatiger
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon 30 May, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by likeatiger » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 8:29 pm

Biggest headache is going to be the bench... I Also reckon they might give McQueen a few games in reggies due to his injury to get back his confidence, but he'll find himself in the 17 after a few rounds.

Rd 1 team;
1) Tui
2) Nofo
3) Marsters
4) Milne
5) Fonua
6) Reynolds
7) Brooks
8) Packer
9) McWillrick
10)Matulino
11) Lawrence
12)Taylor
13)Eisenhuth

14)Marshall
15)Twal
16)Aloia
17)Grant

18)Naiqama
19)Sue

Post Reply