Cleary's - "back to the future" prediction ?!

Wests Tigers Discussion

Re: Cleary's - "back to the future" prediction ?!

Post by 851 » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:49 am

Go You Good Things wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 2:14 pm
Hang on . . . I think I've solved it !!!!!
"Back to the future " means that we will have the De Lorean Motor Company as club sponsor in 2018/19 financial year.
Not only is this a direct tie-in to the Movie of the same name, but it also harks back to our last success in '05 when we were sponsored by the Proton Car group.
We will summon the souls of MJF and the Doc to teach Brooks how to make decent 5th tackle choices. . . . using the hoverboard principle.
This must be it !!!!!!
Everything fits perfectly !!!!!
I'm gonna angle grind the door hinges on the Disco and weld them suckers on the roof pillar in anticipation of the popularity resurgence of the defining DeLorean feature.
It would create history if it happened, we pay Farah to play at souths, then souths pay Farah to play here. But our 30th player should not be a hooker.
Go hard or go home

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:09 pm

With this and Reynolds comments its possible that he may just mean we are going back to the future with our attacking structure and not splitting our halves.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm

A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm

tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm
tigertye wrote:
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Defending in the centres is the hardest position to defend at in the NRL now

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
tigertye wrote:
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Happy young man you have gone off early with your 1 correct post a year...pace yourself son..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
tigertye wrote:

You’re 100% right happy. I’m just reminiscing about a younger, faster Benji ........who could throw a pass into the crowd!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:07 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:18 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
tigertye wrote:

You’re 100% right happy. I’m just reminiscing about a younger, faster Benji ........who could throw a pass into the crowd!!
Don't worry Steve the 2018 version won't let any of our older supporters down when he launches a pass into the third row at Leichhardt or even the SCG if you let him :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
tigertye wrote:

Happy young man you have gone off early with your 1 correct post a year...pace yourself son..
I know Geo , on fire

You must be due for a decent post , what year is it again

Just don't think we can risk Benji on the bench unless we want to give ET big minutes as hooker

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:37 pm

cochise wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:09 pm
With this and Reynolds comments its possible that he may just mean we are going back to the future with our attacking structure and not splitting our halves.
Yep, this will be a big change both from the way we’ve been playing and how Reynolds was used at the Dogs. Our half back with be playing off the ruck and Josh will be organising the back line. Should be good.
Need more props.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 5:28 pm

Cleary will provide a game plan full of great defence and attacking flair..
Rugby league in the new millennium..I’m looking forward to the trials and the start of the season...the dawn of a new era at the WTs..

Just my opinion,and I have been extremely busy over the festive season at work,so dont worry I will be on the forum again shortly...also I will see how my new roster works and will try to organise this years get together if some are interested..cheers TT...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:57 pm

Think it means many things on many levels.
A blending of our history and a team wanting to be part of tbat culture.
Probably a really tough side teams don't want to play against.
Benji s return and the occasional off the cuff moment.

Hearing everone speak I'm excited. They all seem reset on one level inrhe moment with no expectations. We have a good balanced team with loads of depth albeit with a shortage of a couple of class players but then maybe some of these young guys will become that.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 4:45 pm

Ivan has got his hands on a flux capacitor