Tigers interested in RTS

tigerap

Tigers interested in RTS

Post by tigerap » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 8:09 am

Tuivasa-Sheck in demand

The Wests Tigers are set to enter the battle to sign Warriors and Kiwi Test ace Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for 2019.
Still filthy at losing star fullback James Tedesco to the Roosters, the Tigers have identified Tuivasa-Sheck as the ideal man to replace him.
WWOS revealed last week that Tuivasa-Sheck is not happy at the Warriors, with Souths showing interest in him once his contract expires at the end of the upcoming season.

The All Blacks have also expressed a desire to sign the quick-stepping fullback and will make him a handsome offer to switch codes.
Tigers coach Ivan Cleary is likely to start 2018 with another former Warrior, Tui Lolohea, at fullback, but there are concerns he lacks the maturity and experience for such a key position.
The versatile Lolohea is a class act - but the Tigers know he is better suited to either centre or wing, hence their interest in Tuivasa-Sheck.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 8:28 am

tigerap wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 8:09 am
Tuivasa-Sheck in demand

The Wests Tigers are set to enter the battle to sign Warriors and Kiwi Test ace Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for 2019.
Still filthy at losing star fullback James Tedesco to the Roosters, the Tigers have identified Tuivasa-Sheck as the ideal man to replace him.
WWOS revealed last week that Tuivasa-Sheck is not happy at the Warriors, with Souths showing interest in him once his contract expires at the end of the upcoming season.

The All Blacks have also expressed a desire to sign the quick-stepping fullback and will make him a handsome offer to switch codes.
Tigers coach Ivan Cleary is likely to start 2018 with another former Warrior, Tui Lolohea, at fullback, but there are concerns he lacks the maturity and experience for such a key position.
The versatile Lolohea is a class act - but the Tigers know he is better suited to either centre or wing, hence their interest in Tuivasa-Sheck.
Wonder how Lolohea would feel about that , stuck behind the same player that replaced him at the Warriors and the main reason he left

TigerKapa

Post by TigerKapa » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 9:00 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 8:28 am
tigerap wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 8:09 am
Tuivasa-Sheck in demand

Wonder how Lolohea would feel about that , stuck behind the same player that replaced him at the Warriors and the main reason he left
I reckon as long as he's still in first grade he won't be too upset. Cause don't forget, he wasn't just playing in his non-preferred position, he was also playing it in reserve grade.

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 9:11 am

I’d say Souths would be the favourites in this signing so he can have lattes with his old mates in Bondi

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 9:47 am

I don't think the Tigers think Tui is better suited to the centre or wing at all. I think we would just love a player like RTS in our team.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:01 am

Sounds like crap. No one think he's a better winger or centre. Never heard anyone say that about him. 5/8 and fullback, that's all anyone says, which casts huge doubt over any of the crappy rumours from WWOS

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:20 am

Wests Tigers interest may wane if Lolohea starts the season all guns blazing in the fullback role. If RTS does sign with the Tigers we will certainly have a number of ex warriors players on the books as well as an ex warriors coach!!

white_tiger

Post by white_tiger » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:27 am

Whether true or false. This is good news. It shows, after building a solid squad, we are still looking at marquee players! Surely this also helps when recruiting other players.

Worst case scenario RTS's value sky rockets and another team pays overs.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:48 am

The Rabbitohs probably don't think Greg's body will last much longer and hence they are going after RTS as well.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Post by 851 » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:53 am

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:48 am
The Rabbitohs probably don't think Greg's body will last much longer and hence they are going after RTS as well.
Inglis is signed to the end of 2020, but he will play centre
Go hard or go home

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:05 am

If we sign RTS we could be a solid top 8 team. We can't keep Tui at fullback when RTS is available. Besides, Tui is a very reliable center.

Imagine:
1. RTS
2. Nofoaluma
3. Tui
4. Suli
5. Fonua

That's a solid backline. Maybe add another winger.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:13 am

I believe RTS wants out cuz of the coach and poor results. A number of this mates are at the tigers already and you'd think he knows his form would flourish under Cleary. Makes us a chance at snaring him.

As for Tui I think he would be a gun centre with work on his defence. I would mix him up with Reynolds and look to make him the heir apparent to 5/8 when Reynolds is washed up.

If we had Nathan Cleary playing with Reynolds/Tui and in time a experienced combination of Cleary/Tui, we could have the best 1/2 pairing in the comp in a few years.

Perhaps unlikely to happen but I would think not impossible. If Cleary senior takes us to the finals and earns a contract extension and signs on for a few more seasons it is all possible. Add NC and RTS to our current squad and surely we would be finals bound with our dept.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:21 am

I for one would love to see RTS in our colours. Hope we can make it happen.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:31 am

I’m just happy we are being mentioned as a possible club that a talented marquee player could move to. There are good reason why the WTs would be fit for RTS. Cleary seems to be a coach that a lot of NRL players have respect for.
We have the money and still have until June to fill the 30th position. This is the type of player the Cleary and Co have left that spot open for.
Last edited by Tigerdon on Tue 23 Jan, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:33 am

wt00 wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:21 am
I for one would love to see RTS in our colours. Hope we can make it happen.
Make that two, that is despite thinking Lolo will go great guns this year and who only turned twenty three today, as did Brooks last month, so plenty of years ahead of them.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:18 pm

Good... More noise about marquee player recruitment will get the phones ringing.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:33 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:05 am
If we sign RTS we could be a solid top 8 team. We can't keep Tui at fullback when RTS is available. Besides, Tui is a very reliable center.

Imagine:
1. RTS
2. Nofoaluma
3. Tui
4. Suli
5. Fonua

That's a solid backline. Maybe add another winger.
That looks fantastic! But just keep in mind, as others have mentioned, in 2019 Suli may end up in the back-row. That leaves another centre position up for grabs for either Masters or Milne or if Fonua played centre and we added another winger or played MWZ.

1. RTS
2. Nofo
3. Tui
4. Marsters/Milne/Fonua
5. Fonua/MWZ/New Signing

And in 2019 we are a chance of signing N Cleary which would mean he takes Brooks' place in the team. Maybe Brooks could move into a centre spot as he has a great running game as he possesses agility, speed and power and he can also pass to set up his winger.

A lot of what-ifs but the future is looking very bright at the tigers, and we should be a genuine premiership contender within a couple years!

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:48 pm

I want to see Tui play before I make any comments on him, and I haven't seen him play yet so I'll wait on that one.

But RTS, great news. If I was him I'd go to us over Souths, we are more a club on the rise, rebuilding, we have real potential. Souths need a rebuild, but haven't even started yet. I am bias as, though.

I would hate to see Sharks enter the race for him, like Roosters they usually get their man.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign: