Tigers interested in RTS

goldcoast tiger

Re: Tigers interested in RTS

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 11:44 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 29 Jan, 2018 7:19 pm
clontarfkid wrote:
Mon 29 Jan, 2018 4:55 pm
For the record,Jason Taylor inherited a pig of a roster,a control freak as captain,and a totally dysfunctional board....and still got us into 9th place in 2016.
I'm not here to defend him by any means,but we need some perspective
Best Jason Taylor post I’ve read. I’m not a defender either but jeez he had some rubbish to deal with.
And his Coaching suited that situation exactly.
It was complete garbage!!!!

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 12:39 pm

Rival NRL suitors line up despite Roger Tuivasa-Sheck rugby revelation

THE manager of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has emphatically denied reports out of New Zealand that the superstar is set for a shock code switch and it’s music to the ears of his NRL suitors.

While Radio New Zealand reports the fullback will sign a deal with New Zealand Super Rugby franchise the Auckland Blues, his manager Bruce Sharrock has dismissed it to the NZ Herald as nothing more than “total speculation and absolutely baseless”.

If the man known as RTS is in fact still on the open market, foxsports.com.au has learnt the Wests Tigers are prepared to launch a bid to sign the New Zealand international.
:righton:
While the fullback is no certainty to stay in the NRL having previously attracted the interest of Super Rugby, should he wish to remain in the 13-man game, the Tigers are ready to pounce.

While Tui Lolohea will start the year in the No.1 as James Tedesco’s replacement, Tuivasa-Sheck’s running game is a major draw for the joint venture but they aren’t alone in their interest.

South Sydney are also understood to be keeping close watch of his movements.

With Greg Inglis likely to finish his career in the centres and Alex Johnston still earning his stripes as a fullback, the Bunnies are keeping an open mind.

The Warriors are also hopeful of keeping him.

“We’ve been engaging with Roger and his management for some time and that continued up until yesterday and still continues this morning,” Warriors CEO Cameron George told Radio Sport

“Roger’s a very big part of our club and we see him as a very big part of our future, as I’ve previously stated.”

Watch every NRL premiership game live in 2018 on Fox Sports. Sign up here to stream for free on a two week trial >

Should he stay in the NRL, Tuivasa-Sheck is likely to become the game’s next $1 million man.

After leaving the Roosters with a premiership to his name in 2015, the man known as RTS signed a three-year-deal with the Warriors worth $850,000 a season.

At 24 and with plenty of suitors, that price will only rise.

If money is a contributing factor, the NRL has the edge on their cross code rivals.

For the No.1 to secure a payday in rugby, the NZR would need to provide a top up.

Due to the structure of the Super Rugby, Tuivasa-Sheck couldn’t earn more than $200,000 a season without the assistants of the NZR.

Still, should playing for the All Blacks mean more than money, a move in 2019 would give the young star 12 months to push his case for a start with the All Blacks in the World Cup.

Foxsports.com.au contacted Tuivasa-Sheck’s manager earlier this week and while he declined to discuss his client’s future, he did confirm there was no time limit on making any decisions.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 63b18f9484
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 12:44 pm

Twist left, turn right..nothing but twists and turns

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 1:34 pm

Fast forward to the end result! I can't take this off-season signing stuff anymore!!

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 2:10 pm

Good riddance to fatty boomsticks, I can see remnants of Tuaki with the ankle fractures, he’ll be playing in slippers if he makes it back onto the field. Difference being Tuaki was proven quality and a big loss. Woods lured Mr Boomsticks to the dogs to keep him company in rehab.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 2:23 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 01 Feb, 2018 2:10 pm
Good riddance to fatty boomsticks, I can see remnants of Tuaki with the ankle fractures, he’ll be playing in slippers if he makes it back onto the field. Difference being Tuaki was proven quality and a big loss. Woods lured Mr Boomsticks to the dogs to keep him company in rehab.
He has gone to the Dogs because Ronald (Warren) McDonald is now at the Dogs and he was the one who got him into our system. I guess having Egan as our football manager also helped with his previous links with the Dogs. I am surprised that the Chooks or Manly did not chase him. Done and dusted now

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 5:11 pm

I honestly doubt RTS wld make the top 3 candidates for the fb position in the All Blacks,
He'd have to somehow get a gig in the run on team to go close to matching the $800k hes getting from the Warriors.
Maybe he believes he can entrench himself in the ABs top 22 as a platform for a big $$ gig in European or Japanese rugby later in his career???
NRL pays more than NZ rugby these days unless yr a SBW-type superstar

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 5:21 pm

Our bank balance just got bigger. Maybe we can make a play, if we need him that is.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 9:44 pm

Wests Tigers make play for Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Adrian Proszenko SMH

Wests Tigers have entered the race for the signature of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as the joint venture attempts to land a long-term replacement for James Tedesco.

Tuivasa-Sheck, off contract at the end of the year, is one of the hottest properties on the open market as league and union clubs clamour for his signature. Fairfax Media can reveal the Tigers have contacted his management to register their interest in the hope of bringing the former Roosters fullback back to Sydney.

The departure of Tedesco to the Roosters – who will line up against his former club in a blockbuster opening to the NRL season – has left a void at the Tigers. Tui Lolohea is likely to get first crack at the position, although Kevin Naiqama will also have claims after a starring role in Fiji's Rugby League World Cup campaign.

However, Lolohea is equally adept at playing anywhere in the back line and there is a feeling the club needs a superstar replacement for NSW custodian Tedesco.

RTS is at the top of the Tigers' wish list, although they face stiff opposition for his signature. The Warriors are desperate to retain the New Zealand skipper and have opened negotiations. There is interest from other Sydney clubs, including South Sydney, who view the 24-year-old as a better long-term fullback proposition than Greg Inglis and Alex Johnston.

However, the biggest threat could be rugby union. Tuivasa-Sheck seriously considered a switch to a New Zealand Super Rugby franchise when he was off contract with the Roosters before committing tHaving represented New Zealand at a Rugby League World Cup, he would likely have to switch at the end of the season to give himself enough to time be seriously considered for the rugby union equivalent.

The NRL rumour mill went into overdrive last week with suggestions Tuivasa-Sheck had agreed to terms with the Auckland Blues, a claim quickly refuted by his management. The Warriors privately believe the scuttlebutt was fuelled by New Zealand rugby officials once lawyers became involved in the contract dispute surrounding young gun Etene Nanai-Seturo. The fullback represented New Zealand at the Sydney Sevens tournament after claiming his five-year Warriors deal, signed at the age of 15, was not binding. The tug of war for his services continues.

Warriors chief executive Cameron George remains hopeful Tuivasa-Sheck will re-sign.

"We have had open, honest and frank discussions about what we're trying to achieve and the timeframe in which we could do that," George said last week. "He's a massive part of that for us and he knows that."

The Tigers have enough money in their salary cap to accommodate Tuivasa-Sheck this season, but there is no chance the Warriors will let him leave early. The black, white and golds released Moses Suli from the final two years of his contract to join Canterbury and still have two spots to fill in their top-30 squad. The club has been the most active in the player market having signed Josh Reynolds, Benji Marshall, Russell Packer, Ben Matulino, Chris McQueen, Mahe Fonua, Taane Milne, Robbie Rochow and Corey Thompson in the off-season.

Coach Ivan Cleary is yet to appoint a captain, with Chris Lawrence, Elijah Taylor and Josh Reynolds among the leading candidates.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 2:11 am

RTS only 24, keep forgetting how old he really is...... he would really help with the recovery of Tedesco going too Roosters!

Following the POM’s comments that we are indeed interested and that talks have been “very postitive”, I’m starting to get really excited about the possibility of having RTS at the club! I don’t wanna get my hopes up but I just can’t contain myself.....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 2:17 am

teddy23 wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 2:11 am
RTS only 24, keep forgetting how old he really is...... he would really help with the recovery of Tedesco going too Roosters!

Following the POM’s comments that we are indeed interested and that talks have been “very postitive”, I’m starting to get really excited about the possibility of having RTS at the club! I don’t wanna get my hopes up but I just can’t contain myself.....
As exciting as RTS signing would be , I'd still take Gutherson over RTS

RTS suffers with inconsistency

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 2:28 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 2:17 am
teddy23 wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 2:11 am

As exciting as RTS signing would be , I'd still take Gutherson over RTS

RTS suffers with inconsistency
Love Gutho, rate him very highly as a player.....

But I have this feeling that the next club RTS goes too he’ll kill it, with a point to prove that he’s the best fullback in the game and he hasn’t lost his touch moving away from NZ and to another club with a new environment will bring Daily M fullback of the year RTS back. Just watching him during the World Cup you can see it, he still has it and under Cleary and with the squad we have I firmly believe he’ll strive and reach new levels.

And let’s be honest, he’s at the warriors the game plan under Kearney really no one can perform.....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 6:47 am

id be happy with either of them...better than barba

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 8:03 am

Tuivasa-Sheck's strange take on contract talk

HIS signature is being sought by a number of NRL clubs as well as New Zealand rugby and Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck says that is a good thing.

Tuivasa-Sheck’s manager Bruce Sharrock described a report stating that his client had agreed to switch codes and play Super Rugby next season as “absolutely baseless” while the Wests Tigers have emerged as the NRL club best positioned to steal him away from the Warriors.

The 24-year-old superstar’s future will continue to be the subject of intense speculation until a decision is made but he told NRL.com that rather than trying to hide from it he is embracing the noise.

“I think the noise is a good thing,” Tuivasa-Sheck said. “I must be doing something good.

“For now I’m focusing on round one and the time will come for when it’s time to make a decision.

“It’s just a part of the NRL. I’m off contract and everyone wants to know what’s going to happen and I’m the same.

“I want to nail it down but at the same time I have to make sure I am making the right decision for myself and my family.

“I just turn up and get ready for what’s ahead — prepare for the first trial. My manager will sort all that other stuff out.”

An ACL injury ruined his first season with the Warriors in 2016 but he missed just one game last season and played all four games of the Kiwis’ failed World Cup bid at the end of last season.

Bolstered by the arrivals of experienced heads in Adam Blair, Blake Green and Tohu Harris in the off-season, Tuivasa-Sheck is confident that a Warriors team that has promised so much on paper in recent years can finally deliver on the field in 2018.

“I feel that’s been the issue every year — we turn up saying we are going to win every year but I feel like we are really putting in the work now,” he told NRL.com.

“We’re not going to hype it up, we’ll let our actions do the talking and hopefully the fans can jump on board and enjoy what we are doing.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d3eb38b13b
Last edited by Tacky on Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:07 am

From what I've been told talks are progressing very well.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:14 am

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:07 am
From what I've been told talks are progressing very well.
Any idea if he would want a release this year?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:36 am

Dunno - just told talks were going well. I'd think 2018 was unlikely.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 11:06 am

Why do some always assume players we are negotiating with can get an early release.