Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 3:05 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:47 pm
krayola wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 1:37 pm
Here we are, on page 532 of the ‘Signings and Rumours’ thread getting upset at someone touting a signing. What, the rumour isn’t official enough?

The SG/Yoss showdown was hilarious. SG has had some info. that was on the money, so people need to breathe. If you don’t like rumours, don’t read his thread and for god’s sake, don’t read this one!
can you name one rumor smoking gun has got correct lately.

There a difference of mentioning a rumor on a thread which yoss and the pom do and they way SG creates his own thread with limited info speculating god knows what
I don't have a drama with it. If he/she heard a convincing rumour from a reliable source and posted it, all good. It got the forum buzzing. If the rumour was wrong, so be it. It was a rumour after all. Some people get a tiny tidbit and turn it into a buffet dinner. Next time, pick up the salt first.
Spot on, and at this stage nothing has been proven, right or wrong, come friday however, differerent story, even if it is wrong I have no problem with it.
Go hard or go home

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 5:56 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:54 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
Some on here are much too sensitive. SG, whether right or wrong, created discussion and as of yet he is still not wrong. He said sometime this week, we will wait and see before making our judgment.
Also, I seem to remember another user on this forum (can't seem to remember the name) also confirming that Barba was signing with the club, yet SG got all the stick? Some here seem to have a vendetta.
I enjoy any "inside" info. Even if it turns out to not come true, it's all interesting.

However, SG has big-noted himself a few times. Doesn't bother me, but if you do that, you've got to cop the negative attention that may come.

Also, a couple of others on here have been more accurate.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 7:00 pm

Just saw Todd Carney in Cairns
Coincidence?
Oh wait
I forgot
He plays for the Northern Pride now
:bash

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 7:32 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 7:00 pm
Just saw Todd Carney in Cairns
Coincidence?
Oh wait
I forgot
He plays for the Northern Pride now
:bash
Hahaha. Should have left the last bit out. You would have got more than a few bites I reckon. I raised an eyebrow. Lol

THE POM

Post by THE POM » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:10 pm

Sam McIntyre is a good chance of being promoted to the Top 30 Squad. Has really impressed. Will be given every chance during trials & 1st couple rounds in lower grades to prove his worth.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:18 pm

THE POM wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:10 pm
Sam McIntyre is a good chance of being promoted to the Top 30 Squad. Has really impressed. Will be given every chance during trials & 1st couple rounds in lower grades to prove his worth.
Thanks mate. Keep the info coming :sign:

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:09 pm
So we agree that rumours are fine place them here ...starting a look at me thread not so much...
No I don't even have a drama if he thinks he has some hot goss, wants to start a thread and put it on the block, good on him. Just don't be surprised if it gets chopped off if the intel is bad.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:33 pm

THE POM wrote:
In the juniors he was a back, then in U20's made the switch to backrow (I think). If he gets to play NRL I'm guessing it would be in the backrow (off the bench). Is this correct ?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:35 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:26 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:09 pm
So we agree that rumours are fine place them here ...starting a look at me thread not so much...
No I don't even have a drama if he thinks he has some hot goss, wants to start a thread and put it on the block, good on him. Just don't be surprised if it gets chopped off if the intel is bad.
Reminds me of the old saying NT....live by the sword...die by the sword....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post by 851 » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:46 pm

THE POM wrote:
A story from when he signed last year

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/489587 ... nrl-bound/
Sam McIntyre has signed an NRL contract with the Wests Tigers
Matt Attard

Busting the line: Sam McIntyre makes a line break against the New Zealand Warriors. Photo: NRLPhotos

PORT Macquarie keeps producing the goods when it comes to sporting talent.

Identified as an exciting rugby league prospect, 19 year old Sam McIntyre has signed a three year National Rugby League contract with the Wests Tigers.
It means he will be in the famous club’s top tier of players at the highest level – a massive achievement for a young man who works tirelessly on and off the field.
Starting with the Port City Breakers in the under 6s, McIntyre moved to the Port Sharks when he was 11 and went on to make several group 3 representative sides.
He also gained selection for the Northern Country team where he was noticed by the Newcastle Knights and signed to their under 16s squad.
After that he undertook the high performance unit program and was then selected for SG Ball for the Knights before moving to the under-20s this year where he has been a starting second rower all season.
“I would have liked to stay in Newcastle but the opportunity with Wests was too good to pass up,” he said.
“A year ago I didn’t see myself in this position this quickly. It’s my dream, and I’ve taken the opportunities and things have come off so I’m stoked.”
He admits it took a while to sink in when he first signed the contract but he is looking forward to the pathway offered to him by the Tigers, who are coached by Ivan Cleary.
He is being groomed for first grade, with the Tigers having a host of older players, such as Chris Lawrence, ready to retire from the NRL by the end of 2018.
Go hard or go home

will1999

Post by will1999 » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:27 pm

so is Sam McIntyre in the top 30 squad

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:29 pm

will1999 wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:27 pm

1 of the 4 Development players at this stage...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:40 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:29 pm
will1999 wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:27 pm

1 of the 4 Development players at this stage...
If he make the top 30, will his development position be filled from another purchase? Well done by the way. I've seen a highlights package and he is tall and fast for a second row forward. Haven't had that build since poor old Simon Dwyer.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:35 pm

THE POM wrote:
Awesome News! Looked an absolute beast on the field in the Newcastle games last year.
A very mobile big boy with a big future.
Thanks for the heads up.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:26 am

From memory we have until the end of March to announce players 29 and 30

Is that correct ??

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:31 am

But that is the problems with rumours , things can change so quickly ....in less than 12 hours sometimes

But my issue was the Anasta match fixing thread from a few years ago and the repercussions with the WT's management thereafter that is extremely concerning

krayola

Post by krayola » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:41 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:47 pm
krayola wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 1:37 pm
Here we are, on page 532 of the ‘Signings and Rumours’ thread getting upset at someone touting a signing. What, the rumour isn’t official enough?

The SG/Yoss showdown was hilarious. SG has had some info. that was on the money, so people need to breathe. If you don’t like rumours, don’t read his thread and for god’s sake, don’t read this one!
can you name one rumor smoking gun has got correct lately.

There a difference of mentioning a rumor on a thread which yoss and the pom do and they way SG creates his own thread with limited info speculating god knows what
You’re right. There’s a difference, a great difference. The Pom and Yoss have great, legit info. SG just has a great ability to create intrigue. Both entertain, albeit in different ways.

I’ll admit that this latest one seems to have a lot of people gunning for him...I kinda hope he’s right, even if it is Barba. The reactions will be priceless.
One of my sources is Pascoe

krayola

Post by krayola » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:45 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:31 am
But that is the problems with rumours , things can change so quickly ....in less than 12 hours sometimes

But my issue was the Anasta match fixing thread from a few years ago and the repercussions with the WT's management thereafter that is extremely concerning
Huh? What Anasta match fixing thread? Tell more...
One of my sources is Pascoe