Tyson Gamble

Tacky

Re: Tyson Gamble

Post by Tacky » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:39 pm

There's no need to rush Gamble. Let him settle into the club through ISP and we'll see where he is after that.

Brooks has got 2 years left if not less. Gamble is on a 3 year contract, he isn't going anywhere.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm

Some of the old links dont work so ill put this one up.

I think it shows a few things.

* Big body, always on the front foot and plays whats in front of him. Similar to Fitler minus the big booming step.
* Nice soft hands.
* Picks the right pass at the right time( very rare )
* Just makes plays. Ball always bounces for him, not a fluke.
* The confidence of good player but plays very direct and doesnt try to be too fancy. Similar to a Munster
Its an opinion!

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 5:57 pm

I haven't seen a lot of him, but he reminds me of Kieran Foran in the way he plays direct and goes to the line attracting defenders. The best five eights think of running first and he looks like a threatening ball runner.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 4:59 pm

* Big body, always on the front foot and plays whats in front of him. Similar to Fitler minus the big booming step.
* Nice soft hands.
* The confidence of good player but plays very direct and doesnt try to be too fancy. Similar to a Munster
Looks to have a touch of class with defenders all around him, thats impressive. I think he plays very similar to Matt Moylan.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:45 pm

king sirro wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm
The Patriot wrote:

* Nice soft hands.
Looks to have a touch of class with defenders all around him, thats impressive. I think he plays very similar to Matt Moylan.
I agree,. Id say he is a a bit slower than Moyaln but he does play tougher.
Its an opinion!

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 7:22 pm

Just another couple of points about Tyson. He is a very impressive young man. As his bio states that he had the opportunity to go to Cronulla at 18. After he consulted with his parents and coaches at Redcliffe he decided to do an apprenticeship along with doing the hard yards in the lower grades. At each step in the lower grades he listened to his seniors and his coaches at every step and heeded their advice. When Benji came on board he listened to Benji and took his advice on board. He is who he is today because he was not only fostered by his club and senior players but he took their advice on board. He is a sponge who is hungry for success. He will show incredible respect for the coaching staff and senior players and he will also respect the club colours.

I can tell you that he will listen to Ivan, Hodgo, Josh and the rest of the coaching staff and senior player. He will take it all on board and you will see his star rise further. We saw a similar transformation whilst he was at Redcliffe. This might be going a little too far but I can see Ivan lifting him to be a Queensland State Player. That will be his new driver. Tyson has the real hunger in his stomach, and talent, to get there. And we had better be careful because the Broncos will come hunting.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:07 pm

I like his defence, he's capable and strong enough to smother tackle anyone, something we have lacked in the halves for many years, if he gets a crack with Reynolds our defence will be the most solid halves combination from since the west tigers inception..Brooks, Marshall, Lui, Prince, Moses all only average in the tackling department.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:17 pm

The kid was outstanding. He’s bigger than I thought. Could even play lock. Backs himself. Takes the line on. I’d have him over Brooks
Let's make the Tigers great again!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:25 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:17 pm
The kid was outstanding. He’s bigger than I thought. Could even play lock. Backs himself. Takes the line on. I’d have him over Brooks
In a heartbeat...
Plus he goal kicks at 82%
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Feb, 2018 11:37 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:45 pm
king sirro wrote:
Mon 19 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm
The Patriot wrote:

* Nice soft hands.
I agree,. Id say he is a a bit slower than Moyaln but he does play tougher.
Don't wish that on the bloke , what's he done to you blokes , peed in your beer ??

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:39 am

I reckon Gamble is close to Origin selection...we'll miss him..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:09 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:39 am
Come-on Geo I did not say that he is ready to play State of Origin. Tyson is a goal setter and has always done so in his development and more importantly he has always reached them - that is an important skill. Most of us set goals and they drop off our radar very quickly or we do not know how to achieve them. Tyson does.

In psychological terms the goal setting /achieving skill is one element that defines high achievers - create a list goals, how to achieve them, implement them and when you achieve them tick them off one by one. Tyson is a goal setter and he implements them by listening to more experienced people.

What I am saying is this - Tyson is already setting his new goal - listen to his interview when he talks about seeking advice. Given his love of the game, his drive and his hunger for success the next goal that I can see him setting is playing for our firsts team en-route to playing for Queensland. He will listen and seek advice from senior players and coaching staff. Watching his development over the past two years I truly believe that will be his target. It won't be this year, nor the next but I can say he'll aim to get there.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:26 am

Geo - read this article on the WestsTigers website
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... -pays-off/

Here are two points in the article amongst others
1. “I'm really looking forward to it. It's not something that every footy player can say they've done, so I've got to take the opportunity with two hands and just run with it.”

2. “And I know he'll handle the jump because all the years he played up a grade coming through he always handled the jumps well and made it look easy.”

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:27 am

FreddyK wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:09 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 3:39 am
Come-on Geo I did not say that he is ready to play State of Origin. Tyson is a goal setter and has always done so in his development and more importantly he has always reached them - that is an important skill. Most of us set goals and they drop off our radar very quickly or we do not know how to achieve them. Tyson does.

In psychological terms the goal setting /achieving skill is one element that defines high achievers - create a list goals, how to achieve them, implement them and when you achieve them tick them off one by one. Tyson is a goal setter and he implements them by listening to more experienced people.

What I am saying is this - Tyson is already setting his new goal - listen to his interview when he talks about seeking advice. Given his love of the game, his drive and his hunger for success the next goal that I can see him setting is playing for our firsts team en-route to playing for Queensland. He will listen and seek advice from senior players and coaching staff. Watching his development over the past two years I truly believe that will be his target. It won't be this year, nor the next but I can say he'll aim to get there.
Waste of time trying to explain goal setting to a stone kicker
Its an opinion!

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:31 am

Come on Geo - and you said you thought I was in love with Tui.

What I have said is nothing compared to above.

I think FreddyK must be Tyson Gamble or at least his brother.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:37 am

stonekicker.png
stonekicker.png (59.1 KiB) Viewed 399 times
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:59 am

Talk a guy up and that's what you get..geez..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 9:23 am

Interesting reading by Fredd k obviously is connected in some way but interesting non the less .. how exciting to have some players we can now go and watch progress that have genuine talent and drive it has been a long time coming!