Seen enough

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Seen enough

Post by formerguest » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:47 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:06 am
The biggest favour Gamble could do for himself, is to spend his spare time in goal kicking practice. If he can kick goals, he's in.
He already kicks at eighty plus percentage which helps, but not enough to give him a spot as yet. Like many, I hope he proves good enough to force his way in and certainly don't want him to fail. That said, I want to see a little improvement in Brooks to take him amongst the better halfbacks and also don't want Reynolds near the nine, nor paying him a fortune on the bench.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:51 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:45 am
Nice to have a player of the talent of Gamble pushing for selection.

Pretty obvious the player we miss most is Liddle. I watched him against the Sharks last year and he is a big moment/game player. I remember him scoring but more importantly he saved two tries against the Sharks because he has the smarts to be the right place when needed..
Bingo... This was the biggest problem I identified in both trials.

A good DH will put the ball well out in front of the halfback so he is coming forward.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:56 am

Josh Drinkwater was our best half for ISP kicked a 40/20 then set up JJ Felise for a TRY..we dominated the Jets for 20min then fell into old habits of turning over the pill to easily and not aiming up to defend the errors...The Jets handled everyone easily from that point on..

Gamble obviously has talent far from writing him off..the set up from QLD/NSW Cup is huge ..don't see the need for him to be rushed ...he will get an opportunity at some point I'm sure...hope he kills it.as I do with all our players
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 8:08 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:56 am
Josh Drinkwater was our best half for ISP kicked a 40/20 then set up JJ Felise for a TRY..we dominated the Jets for 20min then fell into old habits of turning over the pill to easily and not aiming up to defend the errors...The Jets handled everyone easily from that point on..

Gamble obviously has talent far from writing him off..the set up from QLD/NSW Cup is huge ..don't see the need for him to be rushed ...he will get an opportunity at some point I'm sure...hope he kills it.as I do with all our players
Hater :lol:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 8:19 am

Yeah I guess... :roll:
Ivan's Laws

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:13 am

Geo. wrote:
the step up from QLD/NSW Cup is huge ..don't see the need for him to be rushed
What we can agree on is we don't need to rush him. I think a false narrative has been created implying people like myself and Freddy want the guy to start round 1.

Check my team in the round 1 thread. I haven't named him at all.

What I dont agree with though is this the nsw cup is a "huge" step up from qld cup rubbish.

3 of the most successful teams of the last decade in the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys have all used the qld cup as their feeder comp and have produced first year origin players straight out the qld cup.

There is a small step up in depth of comp in favour of the Nsw cup but the only real difference for a quality player is the new system he has to learn at the nsw cup club.

Once a player like Tyson adapts to the new system and understands what Cleary wants from him that's the only education and learning process he needs to go through.

It has absolutely nothing, zero, zilch to do with the strength of the nsw cup.
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:33 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:13 am
Geo. wrote:
the step up from QLD/NSW Cup is huge ..don't see the need for him to be rushed
What we can agree on is we don't need to rush him. I think a false narrative has been created implying people like myself and Freddy want the guy to start round 1.

Check my team in the round 1 thread. I haven't named him at all.

What I dont agree with though is this the nsw cup is a "huge" step up from qld cup rubbish.

3 of the most successful teams of the last decade in the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys have all used the qld cup as their feeder comp and have produced first year origin players straight out the qld cup.

There is a small step up in depth of comp in favour of the Nsw cup but the only real difference for a quality player is the new system he has to learn at the nsw cup club.

Once a player like Tyson adapts to the new system and understands what Cleary wants from him that's the only education and learning process he needs to go through.

It has absolutely nothing, zero, zilch to do with the strength of the nsw cup.
Don't you think the quality of player the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys have in there squads to start with allows them to bring younger players through a little easier..?

Dominating in the State leagues is a great start ..the step up to NRL is huge in terms of week to week NRL grinding football especially at our Club..Gamble won't have a Smith or Slater, a Thurston or Scott or a Darius helping him...
Ivan's Laws

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:36 am

Watch out for seagulls patriot....thats a massive chip you got goin there

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:40 am

So now it's the system in place at those clubs and the issue being the step up to NRL lol OK
Its an opinion!

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:54 am

It seems as tho ppl have blamed our halves for the loss against the Sharks. Biggest thing I saw from trial 1 to 2 was our forwards not getting over the ad line. Given that it was a settled Cronulla team as apposed to an error riddled Nth Qld one. Whilst our young forwards in trial 1 were playing for a position in the 17 come rd 1, trial 2 had pretty much our starting pack and it felt like were only getting game practice in.
However after trial 2 it’s left me pondering what’s our best 17. Where do we fit certain players in, namely Marshall Taylor and Lolohea. I do think our team is a bit like an unfinished Frankenstein. So here’s hoping Ivan can create a functioning one.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:56 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:40 am
So now it's the system in place at those clubs and the issue being the step up to NRL lol OK

Ah I see the confusion in your 1st post not the step up from QLD to NSW Cup ...the QLD cup for a fair while has been the stronger comp..

It's the rise from the State Leagues to the NRL is huge glad you agree..
Ivan's Laws

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:10 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:56 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:40 am

Ah I see the confusion in your 1st post not the step up from QLD to NSW Cup ...the QLD cup for a fair while has been the stronger comp..

It's the rise from the State Leagues to the NRL is huge glad you agree..
Ahhh yes, I misread that a bit.

We are saying the same thing in the end.

I'd be surprised if he played before round 12. Just the nature of the side being built around Brooks and Reynolds. He will have to knock the door down to get ahead of either one.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:01 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm
Poor Tyson, his treatment on this forum is reprehensible. I should not have said a word. Let's see how other clubs treat their talent ... they are welcome and nutured. And by the way they are all Queenslanders

1. Kalyn Ponga (19) - Knights
2. Brodie Croft (20) - Storm
3. Murray Taulagi (18) - Cowboys

We bring in a talented player and the knives are out on day one. The comments that I have read are appalling and I can see why we do not attract talent. Or if they do come they quickly run.
From where i sit, he seems to be the new forum golden boy. At least amongst the desperate Brooks bashers.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:18 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:01 am
cktiger wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 6:56 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:40 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:22 pm

And I don't know if I can handle a whole season of excuses for a player with over 80 NRL games under his belt, good to see you wrote the kid off already though.
Not writing him off, but I’m also not claiming he’s a savour.
Funny, certainly sounds like you’re writing him off when you assume he will fail.
If anything I hope he comes good... and fast.
Yeah he is definitely writing him off. He was
also one of the chief knockers in the Gamble signing thread. Like others they won't talk up a player from the qld cup until he then goes and proves himself again in a nsw cup.

Can't wait till he gets his chance. So much egg so little face
No im not bashing him. Just tired of having this kid shoved down my throat when he's achieved nothing. The same way others get tired of Russell shoving Tui down their throats. I don't dislike the kid, i dislike the hype. Its giving the John Grant hype a run for its money.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:25 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:16 pm
I know McQueen didn’t get many minutes in the top grade trial but can anyone tell me how he went in the nuffies?
Not very involved and very tentative..smaller than I remember from the Titans too..
McQueen is the one player I had written off early on. The guy was awesome for the Rabbit's, but we haven't seen awesome in awhile, then add a spine injury.

Hope he is medically retired soon.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:18 pm
The Patriot wrote:
cktiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 8:40 pm

Not writing him off, but I’m also not claiming he’s a savour.
Funny, certainly sounds like you’re writing him off when you assume he will fail.
also one of the chief knockers in the Gamble signing thread. Like others they won't talk up a player from the qld cup until he then goes and proves himself again in a nsw cup.

No im not bashing him. Just tired of having this kid shoved down my throat when he's achieved nothing. The same way others get tired of Russell shoving Tui down their throats. I don't dislike the kid, i dislike the hype. Its giving the John Grant hype a run for its money.
Here's a thought.

Maybe, just maybe the hype is justified.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:41 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:21 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:25 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Sat 24 Feb, 2018 9:16 pm
I know McQueen didn’t get many minutes in the top grade trial but can anyone tell me how he went in the nuffies?
Not very involved and very tentative..smaller than I remember from the Titans too..
McQueen is the one player I had written off early on. The guy was awesome for the Rabbit's, but we haven't seen awesome in awhile, then add a spine injury.

Hope he is medically retired soon.
Lol medically retired on what grounds? His neck? The discs that were pressing down on his neck were removed, now is neck is fine. People forget James Graham broke his neck not long ago too.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:44 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:18 pm
The Patriot wrote:
cktiger wrote:

Here's a thought.

Maybe, just maybe the hype is justified.
Maybe it is, but don't get upset when some of us would rather see him for ourselves. If hype won grand finals, some players would have won us a dozen over the years. I have learned in my old age not to get sucked into hype.