Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 1

Wests Tigers National Youth Competition Discussion
willow

Post by willow » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm

Author Wests Tigers Timestamp Tue 6 Mar 2018, 03:45 PM

Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Head Coach Craig Wilson has named his team to take on the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in Round 1 this Saturday afternoon.

Kickoff for the match is at 3:00pm AEDT from Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Wilson has named a strong squad for the season opener with Development squad players Dylan Smith, Heath Gibbs, Sam McIntyre and Thomas Mikaele all included after training with the full-time squad.

Promising young halves Gus Garzaniti and Max Burey will feature together once again, while brothers Israel Seufale (wing) and Ben Seufale (lock) have also been named in the run-on side.

WESTS TIGERS JERSEY FLEGG TEAM

1. Dylan Smith
2. Israel Seufale
3. Connelly Lemuelu
4. Heath Gibbs
5. James Tautaiolefua
6. Gus Garzaniti
7. Max Burey
8. TJ Carter
9. Rua Ngati
10. Thomas Mikaele
11. Alex Seyfarth
12. Sam McIntyre
13. Ben Seufale

Interchange:
14. Jake Scott
15. Harrison Leonard
16. Kane McQuiggan
17. Alatanu Wright

Reserves:
18. Shondre Lee-Silva
19. Ben Stevanovic
21. Lucas Castle
22. Riley Cheshire
23. Curtis Wilson
25. Jarrad Spicer

Coach: Craig Wilson

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 4:33 pm

Is this being televised or streamed?

willow

Post by willow » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 7:03 pm

No mention of it being covered so I assume no.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm

Flegg is not televised at all this year..

NSWRL may stream some games...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 9:08 pm

Thanks.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 9:34 pm

Is it correct to assume the Flegg side playing all home games at Campbelltown this year unless they are on the same time as 1st grade?

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:28 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 06 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm

They will be if the stars align with the coverage. I’ll use the Sharks as an example, Newtown is their Intrust side and will never play at Shark park because their home ground is Henson park so the Flegg will play beforehand
So there is a chance a game might be televised. The NRL and Fox have dropped the ball with this one!

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:32 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 06 Mar, 2018 9:34 pm
Is it correct to assume the Flegg side playing all home games at Campbelltown this year unless they are on the same time as 1st grade?
Here’s the draw
https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/doc ... 4.2.18.pdf

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 9:19 am

FOD001 wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:28 am
Geo. wrote:

They will be if the stars align with the coverage. I’ll use the Sharks as an example, Newtown is their Intrust side and will never play at Shark park because their home ground is Henson park so the Flegg will play beforehand
So there is a chance a game might be televised. The NRL and Fox have dropped the ball with this one!
Is the competition being televised?

In 2018 FOX LEAGUE and Channel 9 are increasing their commitment to the NSWRL’s blue-ribbon competition, the Intrust Super Premiership NSW. At this stage there is no plan to telecast the Jersey Flegg competition but NSWRL.com.au may live stream select matches throughout the season including the finals series.
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

FOD001

Post by FOD001 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:10 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 9:19 am
FOD001 wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Is the competition being televised?

In 2018 FOX LEAGUE and Channel 9 are increasing their commitment to the NSWRL’s blue-ribbon competition, the Intrust Super Premiership NSW. At this stage there is no plan to telecast the Jersey Flegg competition but NSWRL.com.au may live stream select matches throughout the season including the finals series.
I guess we’ll see then

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:23 am

This looks like a much stronger team than the one that played the Sharks. If those were our backup players then there's no wonder we got smoked.

Halves still the weak spot but at least the backs have some firepower on paper at least!

Mikaele and McIntyre will add muscle to the pack too, hopefully the rest of the pack can shape up around them...

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:30 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:23 am
This looks like a much stronger team than the one that played the Sharks. If those were our backup players then there's no wonder we got smoked.

Halves still the weak spot but at least the backs have some firepower on paper at least!

Mikaele and McIntyre will add muscle to the pack too, hopefully, the rest of the pack can shape up around them...
Will moving Connelly Lemuelu to 5/8 help ?? and who will go to the center spot.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 12:37 pm

junior05 wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
Balmain Boy wrote:

Mikaele and McIntyre will add muscle to the pack too, hopefully, the rest of the pack can shape up around them...
I like his size in the centres. and potential combination with Gibbs will be something to watch out for during the season. Craig WIlson should be able to get the forwards firing and hopefully he can develop young Seyfarth who at 6ft 4 or 5 has a ton of potential.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 12:44 pm

FOD001 wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Im stumped

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 12:54 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 12:37 pm
junior05 wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

I like his size in the centres. and potential combination with Gibbs will be something to watch out for during the season. Craig WIlson should be able to get the forwards firing and hopefully he can develop young Seyfarth who at 6ft 4 or 5 has a ton of potential.
Pawsandclaws, how do you rate Gibbs?? and can Lemuelu and Gibbs be our first-grade centers in time.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 1:27 pm

FOD001 wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:32 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 06 Mar, 2018 9:34 pm
Here’s the draw
https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/doc ... 4.2.18.pdf
Cheers was having trouble find a copy

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 2:19 pm

junior05 wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

It might, but coach will give his halves first shot and that's fair enough. Lemuelu is a ball player and can create something for any of his team mates. Whether that's putting his winger away or linking up in a more traditional playmaking role we'll have to see.

Depends how the WT see him too. If they see him as an outside back capable of playing NRL in the next year or two then play him where they seem him developing. Don't hinder his development by playing him in a position just to fill a gap.

But then he can play anywhere from 1-6, he's got good size, speed and skills. At this stage i'd have him ahead of Gibbs, but then i've got no idea on how they train. From his interviews Connelly sounds very level headed and determined, but you never know how much of those articles are scripted/coached...

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Fri 09 Mar, 2018 8:45 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 2:19 pm
junior05 wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

It might, but the coach will give his halves first shot and that's fair enough. Lemuelu is a ball player and can create something for any of his teammates. Whether that's putting his winger away or linking up in a more traditional playmaking role we'll have to see.

Depends how the WT see him too. If they see him as an outside back capable of playing NRL in the next year or two then play him where they seem him developing. Don't hinder his development by playing him in a position just to fill a gap.

But then he can play anywhere from 1-6, he's got good size, speed, and skills. At this stage, i'd have him ahead of Gibbs, but then I've got no idea on how they train. From his interviews, Connelly sounds very level headed and determined, but you never know how much of those articles are scripted/coached...
Thanks, Balmain Boy. Just hope he is part of the clubs plans for the future. As he got the skill set and size we need.