Will Lolohea last in the 1?

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

Will Lolohea last in the 1?

Post by kingbrooks » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm

I can't see Lolohea lasting in the long run at 1.

Its nothing to do with mistakes, or what he did or didn't do today. But with how importants fullbacks are sweeping on the backline and popping up everywhere, I just felt he looked sluggish/slow and won'offer us anything.

Again its not as if he did anything wrong today. And even when he is doing the right thing and there for the offload, I am not sure if he has the pace to accelerate through those tight gaps etc.


User avatar
Born tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu 16 Oct, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Born tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm

If anyone saw the reserve grade game, Watson Heleta set it alight. He has real speed and knows exactly where to be.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm
If anyone saw the reserve grade game, Watson Heleta set it alight. He has real speed and knows exactly where to be.
Any other standouts from the ISP match?

User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Roar Power » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:30 pm

Heleta looks good in reggies but as far as I am concerned, thats really the only grade he should be in. Reckon he would be made to look ordinary in firsts.

Lukic
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Lukic » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:33 pm

Lolohea started to look a bit better as the game went on but the lack of pace is concerning.

I think he's worth persisting with for a few rounds but unless he does start to move around better, we need to be looking at another option.


Lukic
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Lukic » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:33 pm

Lolohea started to look a bit better as the game went on but the lack of pace is concerning.

I think he's worth persisting with for a few rounds but unless he does start to move around better, we need to be looking at another option.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7168
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:34 pm

Heleta is not quick, but he was good today. Tui will be a lot better for the run

User avatar
Born tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu 16 Oct, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Born tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm
Born tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm
If anyone saw the reserve grade game, Watson Heleta set it alight. He has real speed and knows exactly where to be.
Any other standouts from the ISP match?
McQueen very strong, as was Nofoaluma..

Jesse Sue, JJ Felise, Mahe Fonua, Josh Drinkwater - All showed that they are a class above

Milne was quiet, couple of young islander boys off the bench were very impressive as well.

Tyson Gamble is a star in the making

User avatar
Mac tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Glen Alpine

Post by Mac tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm

Lolo will be fb as long as he remains the best goal kicker in the club. The alternative would be Thompson to fb, Lolo or Nofo to wing and Benji takes over the kicking.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:39 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:34 pm
Heleta is not quick, but he was good today. Tui will be a lot better for the run
Heleta is quick. Doesn't have blinding pace but I suspect he would beat Tui in a footrace.

Heleta hasn't made most of the few opportunities he has had with the big boys but he is a good player and I wouldnt mind him getting another opportunity in the future.

He has been the standout player in ISP for a few years.

User avatar
Born tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu 16 Oct, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Born tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:39 pm

Mac tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
Lolo will be fb as long as he remains the best goal kicker in the club. The alternative would be Thompson to fb, Lolo or Nofo to wing and Benji takes over the kicking.
Or Masters

1. Corey Thompson
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Taane Milne
4. Esan Masters
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
14. Benji Marshall

Yes Please

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:43 pm

Heard conflicting reports regarding Reynolds, out for 3-4 weeks & someone said 3 months, bit of a problem if he is.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4064
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:49 pm

Mac tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
Lolo will be fb as long as he remains the best goal kicker in the club. The alternative would be Thompson to fb, Lolo or Nofo to wing and Benji takes over the kicking.
I thought Lolohea went well. Comparing him to other fullbacks he doesn't excel in some areas however he does other stuff that other fullbacks don't do.
He outplayed Tedesco. He didn't bomb a match winning try and he kicked the winning goal. His midfield running was awesome...when we were under the pump.

Btw macTiger. I love your avatar
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm
Born tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm
If anyone saw the reserve grade game, Watson Heleta set it alight. He has real speed and knows exactly where to be.
Any other standouts from the ISP match?
Gamble. His short kicking game was outstanding. His decision making was very good. His defence was good.

The amount of time he has when he gets the ball makes him a star of the future for mine.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1503
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:14 pm

Fibros wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm
Born tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm
If anyone saw the reserve grade game, Watson Heleta set it alight. He has real speed and knows exactly where to be.
Any other standouts from the ISP match?
Gamble. His short kicking game was outstanding. His decision making was very good. His defence was good.

The amount of time he has when he gets the ball makes him a star of the future for mine.
He will get his chance this year.
Bit too early to consider for time being.
Waching ISP boys ..... our squad depth looks really promising this year.
Great start to the season for Magpies and tigers.
:shock:

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6400
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:49 pm
Mac tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
Lolo will be fb as long as he remains the best goal kicker in the club. The alternative would be Thompson to fb, Lolo or Nofo to wing and Benji takes over the kicking.
I thought Lolohea went well. Comparing him to other fullbacks he doesn't excel in some areas however he does other stuff that other fullbacks don't do.
He outplayed Tedesco. He didn't bomb a match winning try and he kicked the winning goal. His midfield running was awesome...when we were under the pump.

Btw macTiger. I love your avatar
He bombed a try in the last quarter when he tried to be the hero and stepped inside and got whacked instead of passing wider where the try was on,
Good that he got the goal, it made up for the much easier one that he stuffed.
LoLo will be lucky to be in the team unless he improves considerately.

Bob
Member
Member
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Bob » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:15 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:49 pm
Mac tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
Lolo will be fb as long as he remains the best goal kicker in the club. The alternative would be Thompson to fb, Lolo or Nofo to wing and Benji takes over the kicking.
I thought Lolohea went well. Comparing him to other fullbacks he doesn't excel in some areas however he does other stuff that other fullbacks don't do.
He outplayed Tedesco. He didn't bomb a match winning try and he kicked the winning goal. His midfield running was awesome...when we were under the pump.

Btw macTiger. I love your avatar
He bombed a try in the last quarter when he tried to be the hero and stepped inside and got whacked instead of passing wider where the try was on,
Good that he got the goal, it made up for the much easier one that he stuffed.
LoLo will be lucky to be in the team unless he improves considerately.
I don’t believe the outside pass was on. There wasn’t an overlap and why push the pass to get the play either starting right on the sideline, or possibly out of bounds.. He was setting up for the next play rather than trying to be a hero..

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4097
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 10:34 pm

Tui did not have a great game, but injected himself into the match when he was required to win it and had a great affect on the result. Would have made a long run downfield had Cory not passed to him before drawing the turncoat as well

Post Reply