We still need a centre

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3816
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Re: We still need a centre

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:35 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:26 pm

Makes me laugh how people can think it was the coaches decision, and his alone to release a guy amd have the club pay him 700k to play somewhere else. But hey, JT is an easy target.
JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Speaking the truth but wasting your time.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jason Taylor had the last and final say on Robbie Farah but these guys will defend Taylor for the rest of their lives.
Not sure it's a fact and far from defending Taylor ...but who employed Taylor to make this decision ..

The faceless men...?

I was trying to ignore the JT vRobbie stuff, but the “faceless men” comment. That was gold. Geez you have a good memory .
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:56 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:35 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:26 pm

Makes me laugh how people can think it was the coaches decision, and his alone to release a guy amd have the club pay him 700k to play somewhere else. But hey, JT is an easy target.
JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Speaking the truth but wasting your time.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jason Taylor had the last and final say on Robbie Farah but these guys will defend Taylor for the rest of their lives.
Not sure it's a fact and far from defending Taylor ...but who employed Taylor to make this decision ..

The faceless men...?
You just proved my point.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28359
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:07 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:56 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:35 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm

JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Speaking the truth but wasting your time.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jason Taylor had the last and final say on Robbie Farah but these guys will defend Taylor for the rest of their lives.
Not sure it's a fact and far from defending Taylor ...but who employed Taylor to make this decision ..

The faceless men...?
You just proved my point.
That you can avoid a question..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:07 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:56 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:35 pm


Speaking the truth but wasting your time.

Anyone who knows anything knows Jason Taylor had the last and final say on Robbie Farah but these guys will defend Taylor for the rest of their lives.
Not sure it's a fact and far from defending Taylor ...but who employed Taylor to make this decision ..

The faceless men...?
You just proved my point.
That you can avoid a question..?
Nice try but we both know you have jumped in here to defend your boy. You proved my point.
Its an opinion!

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3109
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm

"We still need a centre"...seems a good topic for people to spark up the ole JT/Robbie Farah crap. Who cares? Both have gone, stop moaning over the past.


User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by TSupps05 » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:35 pm

Next year i'd be going hard for. Clint Gutherson - Fullback or Centre
Waqa Blake - Centre
Josh Hoffman - Wing/centre
Ohh Stop it Tui :master:

Chipofftheoldblock
Member
Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:07 am
Location: London

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:42 pm

Milne will come good.....Kev was okay in game 1 however he made 2 bad defence reads which created a line break and a try. Kev cannot read an attack and puts so much pressure on his winger who has to follow in with him when he makes a bad read.
Kev is only a bad game or 2 away from being dropped.
Milne just needs to impress and train hard in reggies and he will come good. Long season...the team that starts the year is always not the team that finishes the year....same goes to Founa. He needs to just grind out in training and keep putting pressure on players ahead of him. He will kill it when he gets his start in 1st grade.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21303
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:47 pm

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:42 pm
Milne will come good.....Kev was okay in game 1 however he made 2 bad defence reads which created a line break and a try. Kev cannot read an attack and puts so much pressure on his winger who has to follow in with him when he makes a bad read.
Kev is only a bad game or 2 away from being dropped.
Milne just needs to impress and train hard in reggies and he will come good. Long season...the team that starts the year is always not the team that finishes the year....same goes to Founa. He needs to just grind out in training and keep putting pressure on players ahead of him. He will kill it when he gets his start in 1st grade.
Why do you assume he’s one bad game away from being dropped? Why would Cleary give him an ultimatum when we have other options?

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:21 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:42 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:26 pm

Makes me laugh how people can think it was the coaches decision, and his alone to release a guy amd have the club pay him 700k to play somewhere else. But hey, JT is an easy target.
JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Or it just shows how destabilising an influence he was that the club were willing to pay out nearly the whole contract.
Maybe .... Maybe not ...

But you must have enjoyed watching the Roosters play " Taylor Ball " last weekend ?!
I know I did !
We were talking about "Taylor Ball" today at work with a Chook fan. That was the Roosters game plan on Saturday.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9148
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:25 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:21 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:42 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:36 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:25 pm

JT wanted Farah gone pure and simple, a dirty big ego play, bought a busted up Ballin for 2 years, he played 1 and half games, if he sold that to the board they are morons
I hate JT always have, he was holding this club back big time, and that is the last time I am going to answer you or any other JT fan boy about our former coach.
Or it just shows how destabilising an influence he was that the club were willing to pay out nearly the whole contract.
Maybe .... Maybe not ...

But you must have enjoyed watching the Roosters play " Taylor Ball " last weekend ?!
I know I did !
We were talking about "Taylor Ball" today at work with a Chook fan. That was the Roosters game plan on Saturday.
How did the chook fan handle it ?
The two chook fans I know were a no show to our Monday nights footy training :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3816
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:27 pm

We need a centre of excellence. Maybe James Roberts or Ferguson
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3768
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:41 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm
"We still need a centre"...seems a good topic for people to spark up the ole JT/Robbie Farah crap. Who cares? Both have gone, stop moaning over the past.
That was my whole point, as it is well and truly time to stop looking for an angle to once again line up a boot, whomever the target.

tigerstragic
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun 24 May, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by tigerstragic » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:42 pm

While all the suggestions of who to buy are good, they are all for next year. What we need is somebody this year. Once Reynolds is back I might just try Benji in the Centres just to see how he handles it. He can still make a break, still put people through a hole , read a defence and can tackle. To have him on the field would be a lift to the team

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21303
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:43 pm

tigerstragic wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:42 pm
While all the suggestions of who to buy are good, they are all for next year. What we need is somebody this year. Once Reynolds is back I might just try Benji in the Centres just to see how he handles it. He can still make a beak, still put people through a hole , read a defence and can tackle. To have him on the field would be a lift to the team
Not the worst idea.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32436
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:46 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:10 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:07 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:56 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:43 pm


Not sure it's a fact and far from defending Taylor ...but who employed Taylor to make this decision ..

The faceless men...?
You just proved my point.
That you can avoid a question..?
Nice try but we both know you have jumped in here to defend your boy. You proved my point.
I get the impression you have been here before under another user name...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3768
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:51 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:46 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:10 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:07 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:56 pm


You just proved my point.
That you can avoid a question..?
Nice try but we both know you have jumped in here to defend your boy. You proved my point.
I get the impression you have been here before under another user name...
Or two.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:45 am

willow wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:46 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:10 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:07 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:56 pm


You just proved my point.
That you can avoid a question..?
Nice try but we both know you have jumped in here to defend your boy. You proved my point.
I get the impression you have been here before under another user name...

I get the impression you and Geo already know that.

Its amazing what a good coach can do to bring the disgruntled fans back into the fold.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:49 am

Back on topic. . . .

Yes we need a centre.

Marsters is all class and a lock in but Naiqama is only there until we have better.

Watching the state Cup i wonder if a fitter Mahe Fonua would be the answer. I dont like him under the high ball against NRL kickers but as a damaging runner of the ball at left centre he may be our man.
Its an opinion!

Post Reply