Post by WT2K » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:46 pm

No shocks here. Good to see Aloiai back, he'll probably make the 17
:sign:

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:54 pm

I love Twal's mad stare. Go hard boys!

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:07 pm

Tim Grant and Josh Aloiai were not named in the ISP team (Nofo and Gamble were named) so does that mean that they will be playing in 1st Grade on Saturday?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:22 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:07 pm
Tim Grant and Josh Aloiai were not named in the ISP team (Nofo and Gamble were named) so does that mean that they will be playing in 1st Grade on Saturday?
Not necessarily..you can play ISP if you are not named in the side on a Tuesday ...not the same rules as NRL..

Or they simply can be the 2 traveling reserves..What you can't do is play NRL if not named in the initial 21 cut to 19 24hrs before kick off..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:24 pm

When are the officials announced? Can’t find them anywhere?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:28 pm

clifferdSH wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:45 pm
Have a feeling Aloiai will come into the final 17.
Isn’t named in reserves so surely
I hope so, McIllwrick on the bench is a waste of a spot.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:37 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:36 pm
No surprises with that squad although hopefully Aloiai gets a run. I thought starting with Packer and Eiso worked well, with Matulino and Twal off the bench. I would prefer to go that way for the balance of experience but nothing seems to bother Eiso and Twal so hopefully we don't lose out with that bench rotation.

Pretty sure Chee-Kam has trained exclusively in the backrow this offseason so I can't see Ivan dropping Kev to make way for him in the centres. Hopefully Taane Milne has a red hot crack in ISP this week.

Our biggest challenge this week will be the mental challenge of being "up" for the Storm.
Honestly, Chee-Kam could play anywhere on the field, he's that good. I wouldn't be surprised if Ivan puts him at fullback for this one.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:44 pm

Id be surprised if Grant sits out again this week. He will start lacking match fitness.

He wont be traveling reserve.

More likely Aloia and one of either Nofo or Gamble.

Would be a great experience to take Gamble to Melbourne and involve him in an NRL build up but id say itll be Nofo
Its an opinion!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:48 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:37 pm
willow wrote:
No surprises with that squad although hopefully Aloiai gets a run. I thought starting with Packer and Eiso worked well, with Matulino and Twal off the bench. I would prefer to go that way for the balance of experience but nothing seems to bother Eiso and Twal so hopefully we don't lose out with that bench rotation.

Pretty sure Chee-Kam has trained exclusively in the backrow this offseason so I can't see Ivan dropping Kev to make way for him in the centres. Hopefully Taane Milne has a red hot crack in ISP this week.

Our biggest challenge this week will be the mental challenge of being "up" for the Storm.
Honestly, Chee-Kam could play anywhere on the field, he's that good. I wouldn't be surprised if Ivan puts him at fullback for this one.
I’ll have what he has..^^^^^^

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:22 pm

willow wrote:

I also prefer the front row combinations from last week but maybe he wants us to go out there and bruise them early this week, try to put them off their game with some intimidation.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:35 pm

I hope that Ivan has given Thompson the instruction to pin his ears back and run like the wind if he makes a break. I just wonder if he would have won the foot race on Saturday when he broke clear and passed to Tui.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm

wt01 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:50 pm
ppl on here are way too harsh on kevvie......
gonna let 1 game define his season!??
he trains v hard n we all know how hard he tries (shown in RLWC)
1 bad game? I can name a dozen off the top of my head

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:48 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:22 pm
willow wrote:

I also prefer the front row combinations from last week but maybe he wants us to go out there and bruise them early this week, try to put them off their game with some intimidation.
Interchange: 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 14 Dylan Napa, 15 Zane Tetevano, 17 Victor Radley - Roosters Bench Round 1

Interchange: 14 Tim Glasby, 15 Kenny Bromwich, 16 Christian Welch, 17 Sam Kasiano - Storm Bench Round 2

In Round 1, we needed to combat the effect of the Rooster's bench otherwise they might've gained a momentum up the middle, hiving more time and space for Teddy, Cronk, Mitchell etc. This could've resulted in Roosters scoring a few quick tries giving the upper hand. However, with Matulino coming on for us - I thought he played great and with lots of aggressive runs and effective tackled. https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... -the-week/

The Storm bench isn't as strong as the Roosters but they do have 4 forwards compared to our 3 + McIllwrick. The Storm will keep coming at us through the forwards this week, more so than the Roosters. If we don't stop the forwards than we are no chance with the backs that they possess. I would like to see Aloiai in for McIllwrick. McIllwrick isn't going to offer anything from the bench. If we do decide to go with a utility; Gamble would definitely be the best option.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:54 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:48 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:43 pm

Yes, he's a great trainer.
Would you rather a poor trainer?
Your scraping the barrel now mate !
I don’t think so. Everyone would prefer Suli over Kev, but the guy refused to train. Where as a guy like Kev obviously puts in. Why shouldn’t he be rewarded?
why don't we just rename this forum to "Weekly Blog with GnR"? :master:

you post like you are Paul Kent answering questions to all the serfs who hold his opinion in such high regard, only with far more contemptuous responses....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:06 pm

turnstyle wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I don’t think so. Everyone would prefer Suli over Kev, but the guy refused to train. Where as a guy like Kev obviously puts in. Why shouldn’t he be rewarded?

you post like you are Paul Kent answering questions to all the serfs who hold his opinion in such high regard, only with far more contemptuous responses....
Hey Paul Kent’s alright. I’m just glad you didn’t compare me to that flea James Hooper, then I would have really been offended :lol:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:09 pm

turnstyle wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:00 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:35 pm
I hope that Ivan has given Thompson the instruction to pin his ears back and run like the wind if he makes a break. I just wonder if he would have won the foot race on Saturday when he broke clear and passed to Tui.
He might have if he dummied to Tui, but Tui mau have also have had a shot if Cory made even a half arsed attempt to draw Tedesco.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:52 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:48 pm
Nelson wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:22 pm
willow wrote:

Interchange: 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 14 Dylan Napa, 15 Zane Tetevano, 17 Victor Radley - Roosters Bench Round 1

Interchange: 14 Tim Glasby, 15 Kenny Bromwich, 16 Christian Welch, 17 Sam Kasiano - Storm Bench Round 2

In Round 1, we needed to combat the effect of the Rooster's bench otherwise they might've gained a momentum up the middle, hiving more time and space for Teddy, Cronk, Mitchell etc. This could've resulted in Roosters scoring a few quick tries giving the upper hand. However, with Matulino coming on for us - I thought he played great and with lots of aggressive runs and effective tackled. https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... -the-week/

The Storm bench isn't as strong as the Roosters but they do have 4 forwards compared to our 3 + McIllwrick. The Storm will keep coming at us through the forwards this week, more so than the Roosters. If we don't stop the forwards than we are no chance with the backs that they possess. I would like to see Aloiai in for McIllwrick. McIllwrick isn't going to offer anything from the bench. If we do decide to go with a utility; Gamble would definitely be the best option.
Totally 100% agree
Bigger bodies needed
Gamble has size ability and a hunger to prove his worth
A bench of Twal Eisenhuth Aloiai and MCK looks great
They wouldn't let us down
They could be or Awesome Foursome