Wests Tigers Team V Storm

Eddie

Re: Wests Tigers Team V Storm

Post by Eddie » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:09 pm

Cmon boys let go to Melbourne and give them a red hot game.

Spoiling Slaters 300th would nearly be as good as watching Tedesco trudge off a loser last week.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:22 am

Silentio wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:15 pm
You'd be a mug to drop anyone from the side that beat the premiership favorites.

Nice to see Aloiai back in the mix and Gamble with half a chance (pun intended).
Totally agree , the boys earned the chance to prove they can back it up against the defending premiers

A repeat of Rd 1 performance and I imagine we will al be happy , win , lose or draw

That was inspirational stuff , bought a tear to the old bugger's eye , I never thought I'd see my WT's play like that

Magpie4life

Post by Magpie4life » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:45 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:17 pm
Aloiai in for MCK and we’re good to go.
I’m sure this will happen!

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:57 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
wt01 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:50 pm
ppl on here are way too harsh on kevvie......
gonna let 1 game define his season!??
he trains v hard n we all know how hard he tries (shown in RLWC)
1 bad game? I can name a dozen off the top of my head
Yeah he’s had a bag full of shockers.
But.......he has rippers aswell, Hopefully this week he brings his A game.

Magpie4life

Post by Magpie4life » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 1:05 am

Surely to mix it up a bit Gamble gets 14 and Aloiai replaces MCK. The other option is ET moves to hooker to rest God and you play Aloiai at 14. The CLaw and MCK can cover the backs. I don’t think Kev and MWZ will be able to cope with the amount of traffic headed their way.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 4:43 am

Balmainian wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:57 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
wt01 wrote:
Why does last year matter?
Naiquimama wasn't as bad as some make out. Last week.
Wingers rushing in happens in most games... It's what clever attack creating an extra man does

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:28 am

Nelson wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:22 pm
willow wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 6:36 pm
No surprises with that squad although hopefully Aloiai gets a run. I thought starting with Packer and Eiso worked well, with Matulino and Twal off the bench. I would prefer to go that way for the balance of experience but nothing seems to bother Eiso and Twal so hopefully we don't lose out with that bench rotation.

Pretty sure Chee-Kam has trained exclusively in the backrow this offseason so I can't see Ivan dropping Kev to make way for him in the centres. Hopefully Taane Milne has a red hot crack in ISP this week.

Our biggest challenge this week will be the mental challenge of being "up" for the Storm.
I also prefer the front row combinations from last week but maybe he wants us to go out there and bruise them early this week, try to put them off their game with some intimidation.
Wasn't Matulino named to start against the Rorters and Eisenhuth on the bench in the Team listed Tuesday...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:46 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
wt01 wrote:
This.
He's always been average. I'm not waiting for losses before criticizing the selection. Keeping Nof out and Kev in is just poor.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:28 am
Nelson wrote:
willow wrote:
No surprises with that squad although hopefully Aloiai gets a run. I thought starting with Packer and Eiso worked well, with Matulino and Twal off the bench. I would prefer to go that way for the balance of experience but nothing seems to bother Eiso and Twal so hopefully we don't lose out with that bench rotation.

Pretty sure Chee-Kam has trained exclusively in the backrow this offseason so I can't see Ivan dropping Kev to make way for him in the centres. Hopefully Taane Milne has a red hot crack in ISP this week.

Our biggest challenge this week will be the mental challenge of being "up" for the Storm.
I also prefer the front row combinations from last week but maybe he wants us to go out there and bruise them early this week, try to put them off their game with some intimidation.
Wasn't Matulino named to start against the Rorters and Eisenhuth on the bench in the Team listed Tuesday...?
Yep...

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:50 am

tigerbill wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:46 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
wt01 wrote:
This.
He's always been average. I'm not waiting for losses before criticizing the selection. Keeping Nof out and Kev in is just poor.
Ivan may have his reasons that we dont know about....we won our first game against very good opposition,Noffa wasnt in that side...I trust our coach and his desicions....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:28 am
Nelson wrote:
willow wrote:

Yeah but I don't see why he'd bother playing shenanigans week in, week out with the team naming.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:06 pm
turnstyle wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:54 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:52 pm

Your scraping the barrel now mate !
I don’t think so. Everyone would prefer Suli over Kev, but the guy refused to train. Where as a guy like Kev obviously puts in. Why shouldn’t he be rewarded?
why don't we just rename this forum to "Weekly Blog with GnR"? :master:

you post like you are Paul Kent answering questions to all the serfs who hold his opinion in such high regard, only with far more contemptuous responses....
Hey Paul Kent’s alright. I’m just glad you didn’t compare me to that flea James Hooper, then I would have really been offended :lol:
:D thanks for taking it in good spirits GnR.
Good on you.

Clawdan

Post by Clawdan » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:56 am

I was really hoping with ivans standards
Naiqama would have been dropped, you can guarantee Melbourne will will get points though him.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:01 am

Clawdan wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:56 am
I was really hoping with ivans standards
Naiqama would have been dropped, you can guarantee Melbourne will will get points though him.

Ivan has kept Kev in the side....that seems to be Ivans standard....why change a winning team because some supporters dislike Kev in the team...If Ivan who we all respect as a good coach,keeps Kev in the side,then he must have his reasons...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:15 am

I'm surprised Ferguson ran over 200 metres last week and nobody is calling for his opposite to be dropped.
I know Thompson had a good game last week, and MWZ puts everything in, but neither of our wingers would be anywhere near being guaranteed starters in most teams.
Wish we had have picked up a bit of pace and size like the 2 guys they are lining up against this week.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:18 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 4:43 am
Balmainian wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:57 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
wt01 wrote:
Why does last year matter?
Naiquimama wasn't as bad as some make out. Last week.
Wingers rushing in happens in most games... It's what clever attack creating an extra man does
He didn’t rush in when Fergo scored he picked the wrong man and doubled up with brooks and left Manu wide open to set up their try.
He had a few handling errors and wasnt threatening in attack.
Some people’s opinion is there might be someone else who can play left centre that is a bit tighter in D than Kev.
As I said above when he is on he is red hot but it’d be nice to have a bloke who’s red hot every week.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:22 am

cktiger wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:15 am
I'm surprised Ferguson ran over 200 metres last week and nobody is calling for his opposite to be dropped.
I know Thompson had a good game last week, and MWZ puts everything in, but neither of our wingers would be anywhere near being guaranteed starters in most teams.
Wish we had have picked up a bit of pace and size like the 2 guys they are lining up against this week.
Thompson won the game for us!!!!!
He defused a few critical moments in the game broke the line twice.
Didn’t concede a point down his edge.
What more can you ask from a winger.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:07 am

cktiger wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:15 am
CK about a third of his yards were when he cut us up the guts when Twal got called offside early in the 2nd half and listened to the ref

Listening to refs , how absurd