ISP Team Announcement: Round 2

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
snowleopard
Member
Member
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Syney NZ Manila

Re: ISP Team Announcement: Round 2

Post by snowleopard » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:03 pm

Watched the ISP game last night on Foxtel and the standout to me was Bailey Sironen. It looks like Ivan has encouraged him to use Elijah Taylor as a role model as his work rate was exceptional, covered the middle and tackled everything in sight. Also, had some good touches with the ball going to the line and putting support players into the gap. Obviously benefiting from a much higher level of fitness as there is no way he could have done this before.


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:22 pm

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:03 pm
Watched the ISP game last night on Foxtel and the standout to me was Bailey Sironen. It looks like Ivan has encouraged him to use Elijah Taylor as a role model as his work rate was exceptional, covered the middle and tackled everything in sight. Also, had some good touches with the ball going to the line and putting support players into the gap. Obviously benefiting from a much higher level of fitness as there is no way he could have done this before.
Great post. I have always been an admirer of Bailey as a footballer. No doubt having a coach who believes in you and encourages you to improve has benefited this young fellow. I believe he gets a bum wrap from some because of his name but it is player such as Sironen, Garner, JJ, Gamble and Tali who can lift the club to a new level.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 1:30 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:22 pm
snowleopard wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:03 pm
Watched the ISP game last night on Foxtel and the standout to me was Bailey Sironen. It looks like Ivan has encouraged him to use Elijah Taylor as a role model as his work rate was exceptional, covered the middle and tackled everything in sight. Also, had some good touches with the ball going to the line and putting support players into the gap. Obviously benefiting from a much higher level of fitness as there is no way he could have done this before.
Great post. I have always been an admirer of Bailey as a footballer. No doubt having a coach who believes in you and encourages you to improve has benefited this young fellow. I believe he gets a bum wrap from some because of his name but it is player such as Sironen, Garner, JJ, Gamble and Tali who can lift the club to a new level.
Yeah, I also like the little I've seen of Bailey. Certainly not a shirker. Maybe needs more yards if he wants to push for firsts.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Clearyweareone
Member
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu 22 Feb, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by Clearyweareone » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 1:53 pm

We should refuse Sue any permission to leave. We need depth and he is a solid NRL player. More an impact player.

Really need Milne to have a blinder this week to put pressure on Kevin and also Gamble to have another good game to also be considered.

Hopefully Tim Grant is added to the team as I don't want him to let his match fitness go being 18th man each week.

Might do Gamble a world of good being 18th man in NRL this week so he gets a taste of an NRL set up against the premiers.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3198
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 2:58 pm

We must be doing something right. Junior Tatola debuting last week for Souths and his Balmain team mate debuting in the halves for Souths this week. Unfortunately we can't keep them all,


Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5171
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 3:13 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:33 pm
Watch for Sue to ask for a release for an opportunity elsewhere
Here we go really who cares .. as I posted last season Sue is 3 more head knocks to retirement , if the guy wants to look elsewhere good luck to him .This is not the same club now as it was a year ago new ideas new culture ,if we want a winning team some players have to bide there time or go somewhere else simple!

Silentio
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon 01 Jun, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Silentio » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 11:49 am

I'd be really surprised if Sue does not work his way back into first grade in the next month.

He had a great game (as did Felise).

There's obviously competition but with 100+ games under his belt and age on his side, he'll be there.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:20 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:22 pm
snowleopard wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:03 pm
Watched the ISP game last night on Foxtel and the standout to me was Bailey Sironen. It looks like Ivan has encouraged him to use Elijah Taylor as a role model as his work rate was exceptional, covered the middle and tackled everything in sight. Also, had some good touches with the ball going to the line and putting support players into the gap. Obviously benefiting from a much higher level of fitness as there is no way he could have done this before.
Great post. I have always been an admirer of Bailey as a footballer. No doubt having a coach who believes in you and encourages you to improve has benefited this young fellow. I believe he gets a bum wrap from some because of his name but it is player such as Sironen, Garner, JJ, Gamble and Tali who can lift the club to a new level.
Yes agree he had a good game. Did not display any lazy traits his brother often showed in past displays with the club. Could be a smokey for first 17 in later rounds ..... particularly if we drop off in hunt for spots in first 8 finish.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:24 pm

Silentio wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 11:49 am
I'd be really surprised if Sue does not work his way back into first grade in the next month.

He had a great game (as did Felise).

There's obviously competition but with 100+ games under his belt and age on his side, he'll be there.
Its obvious that he is still regaining fitness. He looked buggered after his stint but impressed me with his game performance last Saturday.
He does bring that steel to the forwards particularly off the bench.
Hes a keeper for mine.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 1:23 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 12:24 pm
Silentio wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 11:49 am
I'd be really surprised if Sue does not work his way back into first grade in the next month.

He had a great game (as did Felise).

There's obviously competition but with 100+ games under his belt and age on his side, he'll be there.
Its obvious that he is still regaining fitness. He looked buggered after his stint but impressed me with his game performance last Saturday.
He does bring that steel to the forwards particularly off the bench.
Hes a keeper for mine.
It was Sue's first game for 6 months. he's never been known for his fitness. He get's tired, loses concentration, and misses tackles around the ruck. He has to work on this before he gets a call up. We don't need him at the moment. I'd have Felise ahead of him too, though he's also had similar issues but he's younger and has a far bigger upside.

User avatar
DonnyBrasco
Member
Member
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:34 am

Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast anywhere?
Tigers for 2022!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29622
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:47 am

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast anywhere?

On fox 502 before Newcastles game i believe
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:50 am

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast anywhere?
Channel 9

User avatar
DonnyBrasco
Member
Member
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:57 am

Awesome, thanks lads!
Tigers for 2022!

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:11 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:50 am
DonnyBrasco wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast anywhere?
Channel 9
Hyped to watch our ISP boys have a run. Too bad Gallen is commentating.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2273
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:17 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:11 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:50 am
DonnyBrasco wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcast anywhere?
Channel 9
Hyped to watch our ISP boys have a run. Too bad Gallen is commentating.

Yes because he will be straight on the phone to Flanagan about young 5/8 and break out second rower.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
PrattenParkMagpie
Member
Member
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:30 pm

Tim Grant starting in the ISP side.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Tigrr
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:14 pm

Post by Tigrr » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:44 pm

What time on channel 9 please?

Post Reply