Mats sin binning

king sirro

Mats sin binning

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 6:46 am

I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere.

Am I right in saying we did not touch the ball for the entire 10 minutes he was off? I can't recall us having one set in this period. It was Melb try, kick off, penalty, penalty goal kick. Kick off, line drop out that they got back, penalty, penalty goal kick. Etc etc etc.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 6:49 am

I think we had one set in there

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 7:10 am

I don't think we did. The refs did everything they could to piggyback them up the field and write the game off.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:38 am

If we did it was only very briefly, that I can remember anyway.

All that aside, didn’t Big Ben make it up to the team with his brilliant offload for Brooksy’s match winner!!

Loving how this team is never giving up.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:00 am

Cammy Kardashian milked that well.

I think Mats only just tapped him on the shoulder and he fell on his back, just like Kimmy the moment she sees a camera.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:03 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:00 am

I think Mats only just tapped him on the shoulder and he fell on his back, just like Kimmy the moment she sees a camera.
How that deserved a sin bin and not just (another) penalty amazes me.
Seems the refs have sin bin fever - that was not the only one from games over the first two rounds that was unwarranted.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:06 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Mats ,while offside, just stood his ground when Smith run into him and dropped like he was shot by a sniper. Et tackled him but he was onside. It was a reflex by the ref. Definitely not a professional foul. Definitely not a sin bin

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:13 am

cktiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:03 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Seems the refs have sin bin fever - that was not the only one from games over the first two rounds that was unwarranted.
On that note, I watched the highlights from the Chooks v Dogs, the sin bin given to Isaac Fiu for defensive offside was strange as well. Seems 2018 is year of the sin bin!
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:18 am

king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 6:46 am

Am I right in saying we did not touch the ball for the entire 10 minutes he was off? I can't recall us having one set in this period. It was Melb try, kick off, penalty, penalty goal kick. Kick off, line drop out that they got back, penalty, penalty goal kick. Etc etc etc.
I guess if Melbourne had a line drop out then we must've had at least one set, but that's probably about it. Remarkable win!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:21 am

cktiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

I agree, they've gone from complete reluctance to ever use the sin-bin, and now they go bananas for even the suggestion of a pro foul.

I mean certainly Mats was offside but Smith had run 8-9 metres, so it was borderline and he wasn't exactly about to score. We were pinged some 18 other times for ruck issues, but that one copped 10?

If refs are going to be so palms-happy, so be it, but bring back the 5 mins SB so teams aren't getting shellacked for the borderline calls. Because it is a borderline call in many of these instances, even Moses' one last week wasn't cut and dried, as much as I dislike the bloke.

Tiger2135

Post by Tiger2135 » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:23 am

didn't we trap them from the kickoff?

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:24 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Smith just fell over. It was a terrible decision by the refs. Worse than last week when Brooks was sent off.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:26 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:21 am
cktiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

I agree, they've gone from complete reluctance to ever use the sin-bin, and now they go bananas for even the suggestion of a pro foul.

I mean certainly Mats was offside but Smith had run 8-9 metres, so it was borderline and he wasn't exactly about to score. We were pinged some 18 other times for ruck issues, but that one copped 10?

If refs are going to be so palms-happy, so be it, but bring back the 5 mins SB so teams aren't getting shellacked for the borderline calls. Because it is a borderline call in many of these instances, even Moses' one last week wasn't cut and dried, as much as I dislike the bloke.
Come on, Moses should have been sent off and received 12 weeks suspension for impersonating a human being.

All jokes aside, they have gone overboard.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:35 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:18 am
king sirro wrote:

I guess if Melbourne had a line drop out then we must've had at least one set, but that's probably about it. Remarkable win!
They got the ball back off that drop out mate.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:37 am

Very telling section of play... Melb were getting down the field and building some great momentum, and Smith decides to take the 2???

We had them rattled!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:44 am

cktiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Interested to see if they continue the sin bins after round ten. If broncos loose a game because the bin it will probably be petered out

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:57 am

king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:35 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
king sirro wrote:

Yeah I know that. I meant for them to be having to take a line drop out at all then we must've had a set before that.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:35 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:57 am
king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:35 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
king sirro wrote:

Yeah I know that. I meant for them to be having to take a line drop out at all then we must've had a set before that.
Nah we kicked off and tackled Kasiano in goal remember.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS