The Next Couple Of Weeks..

Wests Tigers Discussion
supercoach

Re: The Next Couple Of Weeks..

Post by supercoach » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:44 am

I will be over the moon if we can win 1 out of the next two, but it is also possible we could win two or even drop both games.
The main thing is, no blow outs

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 1:05 pm

Seantice wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 12:53 pm
As excited as everyone else is I feel that we will be reminiscent of the dragons side 2-3 years a go. Great defence and work ethic but struggled in attack. When the defnce started to falter they couldn't counteract it by scoring more points. We definitely need liddle back or at least a dummy half who can draw the markers and kick. We only need to score 2-3 tries a game and well be in it til the end.
I wonder if the drags thought they could play that way all year?

Didn't have a plan B.

We'll know & prepare better I'm sure

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:07 am

We've won both games with at least half our spine not on the ground. Once we get our spine playing week in week out that will enhance our attack.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:07 am

We've won both games with at least half our spine not on the ground. Once we get our spine playing week in week out that will enhance our attack.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:22 am

Since Cleary took over we have been in the hunt every week except a couple and now he has had a full preseason and bolstered the squad with some serious experienced campaigners there is no reason why we should not turn a lot of very close losses into wins like round one and two.
Early season wins are like gold come July August

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:24 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:07 pm
We need to temper this enthusiasm.

We wont be catching teams out again I fear and there is only so far we will go on enthusiasm alone.

I feel there is much improvement still to come as the team gels further.

Need to stick solid with our club even if we loose a few, bigger better things are on the horizon,
Not a bad start tho for a rag tag bunch of misfits...
Exactly what I'm talking about , back in the baggage compartment

It's going to be hard to maintain the intensity , but we do have depth , we can rest a few forwards

Actually will be interesting to see if we get any players in the NZ side

Also we have that 30th selection that might come available to the right player if they come available , could be the shot in the arm we might need at the right time

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:19 am

With so many new faces the attack will be ragged for a while and our up in your face game plan has a limited shelve life. We will have a poor patch, so every win now is obviously gold. I had one from eight a couple of weeks ago, so things are going great in my eyes

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:24 am

We still need a way to score some points.

Happy with the culture Ivan is building.

I am hoping Milne gets his chance in first grade as he played well in the World cup and as much as we appreciate Kevin he does not provide the strike power required.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:33 am

Playing consistently has been our major issue. Will be a test this week if they bring the same level of enthusiasm for the 3rd week in a row. Having a large Campbelltown crowd is going to help.

If they can keep it up, it will go a long way to build enough confidence to continue throughout the year.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:57 am

supercoach wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:19 am
With so many new faces the attack will be ragged for a while and our up in your face game plan has a limited shelve life. We will have a poor patch, so every win now is obviously gold. I had one from eight a couple of weeks ago, so things are going great in my eyes
Just saw Cleary on 9 say the same thing, he expects us to improve

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:03 pm

To listen to some of the media experts it's almost like the longer the week the more we fluked it.

Resigned to the fact it will take 6 to 8 similar performances to get any team traction when it comes to respect
Its an opinion!

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:07 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:03 pm
To listen to some of the media experts it's almost like the longer the week the more we fluked it.

Resigned to the fact it will take 6 to 8 similar performances to get any team traction when it comes to respect
Which is exactly what we want. Let's fly under the radar all season.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:13 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:07 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:03 pm

Which is exactly what we want. Let's fly under the radar all season.
Agreed. Up until we are assured of a top 8 spot under the radar is the place to be
Its an opinion!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:53 pm

Does anybody really think that Bellamy and Robinson did not know how we were performing in the latter part of last season and what our new signings were going to bring to the team? Thought not, so why would our approach have surprised them?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 6:30 am

formerguest wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:53 pm
Does anybody really think that Bellamy and Robinson did not know how we were performing in the latter part of last season and what our new signings were going to bring to the team? Thought not, so why would our approach have surprised them?

Good point...hopefully that continues with Unca tonight and the Donks think they just have to turn up to win..

Then again everyone is against Unca ATM ...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 6:40 am

If everyone recalls at the start of the season, we had a tough draw for the first 6 weeks. That hasnt changed.

Many tipped us to be 0-6 in that time, and most of us would have been happy with at least 2 wins in that time. As it turns out, weve already made that.

Dont keep changing your expectations and remember the long game. I think on what we have showed, we could walk away with 4 out of 6 or dare i say it, 6 from 6. But realistically we have seen significant improvement already. I expect some lows ahead, thats a given in this game.

Heres hoping we do well in the next few weeks and beyond, because even if we are 6 from 6 in a few weeks, it means nothing if we finish 20 and 6!
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!