Re: Magpies v Wyong live game thread

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 9:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 9:12 pm
Guessing we won ??
Threw it away

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 10:00 pm

Going to need a 5/8 next week. Maybe Tui or Gamble? Gee that Garner looks the goods. Both centers were a disgrace. Fonua there next week with another center from somewhere. The two imposters from today.......gone.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 10:05 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:21 pm
yeti wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 3:13 pm
Garner was strong. Sue and Grant quite good.
Drinkwater at times looked composed and in control but just seems to fade away when you need him to finish off the game.
Without a doubt, Garner was the best. Must be close to a bench spot.
Can cover centre and backrow.
Not convinced that the 6 is ready yet.
Won't play NRL unless upgraded to the NRL squad..when asked at full-time he said himself he is enjoying his footy and maybe next year..
Ok - thanks. Shame - I reckon he's close to being ready for the odd game.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:56 am

Very poor 2nd half effort. From what I saw from first 3 games:-

Tyson Gamble ..... is definitely not ready to be considered for 1st grade.
Mahe Fonua ..... is not the answer ether .... too may errors in him.
Taane Milne ..... is just plain lazy. Very poor attitude. Extremely disappointing games by him so far this year.
Bayley Sironen ..... carbon copy of his brother.
Chris McQueen ..... not ready. Fairly ordinary few games I'm afraid.

I thought Luke Garner, Josh Drinkwater, Tim Grant, Sauaso Sue, JJ Felise, Patrice Siolo and Toni Tali all showed glimpses of good form.

Just feel the side tend to switch off and play overconfident expecting the result to just be handed to them.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 3:30 pm

Momo

"Tyson Gamble ..... is definitely not ready to be considered for 1st grade". Definitely? Now that is quite a statement. Let's see.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 3:30 pm
Momo

"Tyson Gamble ..... is definitely not ready to be considered for 1st grade". Definitely? Now that is quite a statement. Let's see.

:lol:
Its an opinion!

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 8:28 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Momo

:lol:
lol what a surprise you two showed up to discuss Gamble
One of my sources is Pascoe

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 8:55 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Momo

If you were to pair him with Marshal or Reynolds .... maybe ..... but with Brooks I’d say not.
Been proven wrong before.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:12 am

Gamble is still the half who creates the most chances for us in NSW Cup. He's not an organiser but has an excellent running and short kicking game. Still things to work on no doubt, but he does need someone to do a lot of the organising. Couldn't ever see him and Reynolds working as a pair. He sure has some x factor though, we could certainly use someone willing to take the line on.

Ideally i'd have him in ISP for another month or two, but if Reynolds, Tui and Benji are all out then it's a no brainer.

As mentioned Garner would need to be upgraded to an NRL contract. He's s till a way off but he's got potential. I'd leave it another month or two and see how he, Sirro and a few others go, as well as who else might become available on the market. He's behind a heap of players so no need to rush in promoting him, though it would be good to get him on a full time contract to allow him as much time as possible to develop.

This team really just needs a kick up the backside. They drift in and out of matches for large parts every week. Someone needed to stand up when we were up by 6 with 5 to go but no one tried for a field goal, or took the 2 points on offer from the penalty. Leadership was required, and i don't think it was Garner's spot to make the call when the halfback and goalkicker has the ball in his hands.

Most of our backline have been poor, but then they've also barely received any ball whatsoever. Can't remember the last time the ball reached the centres or wingers in attack. The once or twice it has we've scored. We basically go one out with the forwards when on the attack. A complete lack of pace in the squad doesn't help.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:21 am

This team really just needs a kick up the backside. They drift in and out of matches for large parts every week
That's reserve grade

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:44 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:21 am
This team really just needs a kick up the backside. They drift in and out of matches for large parts every week
That's reserve grade
Half of the team are first graders. We supposedly have depth. These players should be playing like they want to play first grade. At present they're not, so this translates to us in fact have little depth, and a top squad lean on quality.

I don't blame the likes of Tali or Siolo, they're nsw cup plodders filling in gaps. We should have someone better than Tali at left centre though. It's the weakest position in the entire squad.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:48 am

I agree.

Im not really seeing consistent effort from the guys who have played a bit of first grade.

They do need a kick up the rear end.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:44 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:21 am
That's reserve grade
Half of the team are first graders. We supposedly have depth. These players should be playing like they want to play first grade. At present they're not, so this translates to us in fact have little depth, and a top squad lean on quality.

I don't blame the likes of Tali or Siolo, they're nsw cup plodders filling in gaps. We should have someone better than Tali at left centre though. It's the weakest position in the entire squad.
You cant expect half a team thats experienced to cover for half thats not....it reserve grade for a reason, its not easy to play well with guys who wont get past reserve grade, they make reserve grader mistakes.
its a lot easier to play well in an elite rep team though, where every position is covered by the best in the business

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:46 pm

Reading the first 3 live game reads for Magpies games, I feel like a lot of people are expecting an NRL quality game. Always reading comments saying how poor the standard is. That’s ISP.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:52 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:46 pm
Reading the first 3 live game reads for Magpies games, I feel like a lot of people are expecting an NRL quality game. Always reading comments saying how poor the standard is. That’s ISP.
No I expect NRL quality players to stand out and above the the poor standard that’s ISP.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm

Truth is somewhere in between guys. Its not always the guy who rips up the league who is ready for NRL. Very often its the guys who is solid and not making mistakes.

its why Milne is miles ahead of Fonua for example.
Its an opinion!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 11:06 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm
Truth is somewhere in between guys. Its not always the guy who rips up the league who is ready for NRL. Very often its the guys who is solid and not making mistakes.

Yes I agree that he is in front of Fonua BUT have you watched him play.
He looks very ordinary on his performances so far.
I had high hopes hoping he would bring his World Cup form to WT but not so far.
Pitty because he’s also handy goal kicker.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 7:37 am

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 11:06 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm

Yes I agree that he is in front of Fonua BUT have you watched him play.
He looks very ordinary on his performances so far.
I had high hopes hoping he would bring his World Cup form to WT but not so far.
Pitty because he’s also handy goal kicker.
Yeah i havent been that impressed either. I think he is in cruise mode and happy being a back up.
Its an opinion!