Auburn Warriors to fold due to failed Mehajer sponsorship

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Auburn Warriors to fold due to failed Mehajer sponsorship

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:40 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:19 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:02 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 4:45 pm


About 30 years ago I heard about funny goings on about awarding of contracts. The Labor aldermen on Council at the time were dopes but were only in the minority. The ethnic reps did not do any favours for the area. It was all you scratch my back....
To add to this, the Labor guys were semi hopeless. The Liberal's were totally hopeless and the local "ethnic" councillors were basically real estate agents wanting to make the big money. I have seen good councillors, both Labor and Liberal and Independent. But man there are some bad ones out there.
I was a candidate for election there decades ago but due to corruption in the Labor Party I was sabotaged. But got plenty of first preference votes due to public speaking that I was not supposed to get.
I posit that it was more likely you spent all night on a bucket bong and showed up pantsless ranting about the hard done player of the day (likely Dennis Tutty,) and Uranium before vomiting all over yourself.
:lol:


TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5455
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:03 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:10 pm
coivtny wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:37 pm
I wonder how many of those old clubs from the Wests juniors are still around. I played for Ashfield De La Salle in the 1960s and we played against teams like Enfield Federals, Concord United, Burwood United, Granville Diggers, Berala, St Pat's Strathfield and Auburn Warriors. It was a very good standard of football but the Feds were usually the team to beat. There were so many great players came from the Feds and went on to play grade at Wests over the years. I think they're still playing but in a different junior league these days.
Berala Bears are still going around last i heard, used to be my junior club many moons ago pretty sure they are in the Canterbury comp now too.
St Pat's Strathfield is a rugby union/soccer school these days.

Check out this re Burwood United/Concord United : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... D=56656920

Check out this re Enfield Federals : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... sID=165073

Check out this re Berala Bears ; http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... &sID=51307

Check out this re Auburn Warriors : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... D=49265392
I played against St Pats Strathfield many times when I attended Chevalier College at Bowral...They were very competative as was many of the Catholic secondary schools in the 70s...St Pius Chatswood,St Leos Wahroonga,Daramallen Canberra etc and many of the boys who left played Rugby league as well...from my school Alan McMahon comes to mind,he was a great union player and then transitioned to league...I think he did ok,played fullback and wing for the mighty Tigers and Australia...
not name dropping or anything like that,but Allan has passed away now,but has left lasting memories of my school days and Balmain days...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:25 pm

Auburn council sounds incredibly crooked
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:13 pm

steve-o wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:25 pm
Auburn council sounds incredibly crooked
Not as crooked as the Auburn ALP branch apparently...
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:26 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:19 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:02 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 4:45 pm


About 30 years ago I heard about funny goings on about awarding of contracts. The Labor aldermen on Council at the time were dopes but were only in the minority. The ethnic reps did not do any favours for the area. It was all you scratch my back....
To add to this, the Labor guys were semi hopeless. The Liberal's were totally hopeless and the local "ethnic" councillors were basically real estate agents wanting to make the big money. I have seen good councillors, both Labor and Liberal and Independent. But man there are some bad ones out there.
I was a candidate for election there decades ago but due to corruption in the Labor Party I was sabotaged. But got plenty of first preference votes due to public speaking that I was not supposed to get.
I posit that it was more likely you spent all night on a bucket bong and showed up pantsless ranting about the hard done player of the day (likely Dennis Tutty,) and Uranium before vomiting all over yourself.
from wiki:
After two years sitting out of the game, and while still waiting for a legal decision, Tutty returned to play for Balmain during 1971. He played seventeen games but did not receive any remuneration from the club. Tutty was free to play for the Penrith Panthers in 1972 and he remained with the club for three seasons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tutty certainly did need support but I was living at Townsville in those years and was campaigning for Aboriginal land rights and against conscription. The anti uranium gig came after that when returned to Sydney. thanks for taking me down memory lane. Another beauty, I was in a skuffle today, one against two, I was attacked by a big female wielding a large pvc sewerage pipe and steel rake as well her husband attacking me with branches with large spikes. I got an injured few fingers out of it and can hardly type don't ask me how but the giant of a guy ended up on his arse went over like poor Eisenhuth two games ago. But I did enjoy it
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5415
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:43 pm

Ah BBF, you are always good for a story I must say.
Were you guys blueing over the last can of mung beans at the local markets?

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:16 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:43 pm
Ah BBF, you are always good for a story I must say.
Were you guys blueing over the last can of mung beans at the local markets?
The asshole next door grew an enormous fig tree near my boundary that roots are wrecking my drainage pipes, buried electrical conduits, water etc. It has massive roots about a foot deep and he won't do anything about them so I attack them with a power saw and axe. the silly bugger called the cops after they attacked me first.

another big blue a few days ago with a guy that would make Mitch M sound like a choir boy.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:13 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:16 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:43 pm
Ah BBF, you are always good for a story I must say.
Were you guys blueing over the last can of mung beans at the local markets?
The asshole next door grew an enormous fig tree near my boundary that roots are wrecking my drainage pipes, buried electrical conduits, water etc. It has massive roots about a foot deep and he won't do anything about them so I attack them with a power saw and axe. the silly bugger called the cops after they attacked me first.

another big blue a few days ago with a guy that would make Mitch M sound like a choir boy.
Why so many fights Byron. Have you been on the Matt Lodge's pills?
I thought you were a member of "The Party, Party, Party" Party.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:23 am

Another maggie territory story, a Labor Party member used to bring his imbecile daughter to meetings and lift up her arm to vote against me on some important issue. So I opened up on him and asked if he rapes her when he takes her home. He was a real big guy and came to attack me, the whole meeting rose up to stop him and push him back Fixed the so and so up.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2232
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:27 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:26 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:19 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:02 am


To add to this, the Labor guys were semi hopeless. The Liberal's were totally hopeless and the local "ethnic" councillors were basically real estate agents wanting to make the big money. I have seen good councillors, both Labor and Liberal and Independent. But man there are some bad ones out there.
I was a candidate for election there decades ago but due to corruption in the Labor Party I was sabotaged. But got plenty of first preference votes due to public speaking that I was not supposed to get.
I posit that it was more likely you spent all night on a bucket bong and showed up pantsless ranting about the hard done player of the day (likely Dennis Tutty,) and Uranium before vomiting all over yourself.
from wiki:
After two years sitting out of the game, and while still waiting for a legal decision, Tutty returned to play for Balmain during 1971. He played seventeen games but did not receive any remuneration from the club. Tutty was free to play for the Penrith Panthers in 1972 and he remained with the club for three seasons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tutty certainly did need support but I was living at Townsville in those years and was campaigning for Aboriginal land rights and against conscription. The anti uranium gig came after that when returned to Sydney. thanks for taking me down memory lane. Another beauty, I was in a skuffle today, one against two, I was attacked by a big female wielding a large pvc sewerage pipe and steel rake as well her husband attacking me with branches with large spikes. I got an injured few fingers out of it and can hardly type don't ask me how but the giant of a guy ended up on his arse went over like poor Eisenhuth two games ago. But I did enjoy it
So you got into a fight with a woman and got belted with a drain pipe because of a fig tree.

You a warrior of the land, protested against mining, for protecting the environment and human rights, got into a fight with a woman about a fig tree. A fig tree, with a woman. :roll :roll :roll

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:11 pm

For someone who claims to be for all people, you have a rather violent means of achieving your goals Byron.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:31 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:23 am
Another maggie territory story, a Labor Party member used to bring his imbecile daughter to meetings and lift up her arm to vote against me on some important issue. So I opened up on him and asked if he rapes her when he takes her home. He was a real big guy and came to attack me, the whole meeting rose up to stop him and push him back Fixed the so and so up.
You must surely be a candidate for the most unlikeable human on the planet.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:41 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:11 pm
For someone who claims to be for all people, you have a rather violent means of achieving your goals Byron.
Not violent but if something needs to be done then I will do it, the cops may have been called many times but they always finish up friends and never charging me. Otherwise we are gutless.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:43 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:41 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:11 pm
For someone who claims to be for all people, you have a rather violent means of achieving your goals Byron.
Not violent but if something needs to be done then I will do it, the cops may have been called many times but they always finish up friends and never charging me. Otherwise we are gutless.
You've admitted to shooting at people. Or have you already forgotten that story?
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:45 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:31 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:23 am
Another maggie territory story, a Labor Party member used to bring his imbecile daughter to meetings and lift up her arm to vote against me on some important issue. So I opened up on him and asked if he rapes her when he takes her home. He was a real big guy and came to attack me, the whole meeting rose up to stop him and push him back Fixed the so and so up.
You must surely be a candidate for the most unlikeable human on the planet.
The guy was abusing his own flesh and blood so I let him know it. He never brought her along again.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm

The guy holds sway over his daughters voting, so you ask him if he is a rapist. Straightforward logic there Bryon.

For the record if I were him, I would have wanted to have knocked your head off your shoulders too.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:49 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:43 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:41 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:11 pm
For someone who claims to be for all people, you have a rather violent means of achieving your goals Byron.
Not violent but if something needs to be done then I will do it, the cops may have been called many times but they always finish up friends and never charging me. Otherwise we are gutless.
You've admitted to shooting at people. Or have you already forgotten that story?
The cops weren't called by the squatters as they were being charged for being on the Commonwealth bank roof trying to break in. so nothing proven.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:52 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm
The guy holds sway over his daughters voting, so you ask him if he is a rapist. Straightforward logic there Bryon.

For the record if I were him, I would have wanted to have knocked your head off your shoulders too.
Not in Labor Party rules does he hold sway over her voting. How sick was he.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply