Farah Axed

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
innsaneink

Re: Farah Axed

Post by innsaneink » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 5:40 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 2:08 am
He's not coming back - This is FAKENEWS!
Year old thread.... Lmao

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 5:59 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:11 pm
Sad way for him to go out of the game if true. No fanfare, no honour or celebration- that ain't right.
of his own doing!

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 6:50 am

He actually should try to move to Parra or Manly as they need a good dummy spitting coach !
It must be soul destroying the realisation that your ego and self worth are a figment of your own imagination ....

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:33 am

BBF is less interested in Wests Tigers than his two obsessions of Farah and Moses. Both are going putrid so he makes stuff up.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:38 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 5:59 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sad way for him to go out of the game if true. No fanfare, no honour or celebration- that ain't right.
of his own doing!
Yep, people seem to forget what was said and done.
Tigers for 2022!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:43 am

Snake wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 6:50 am
He actually should try to move to Parra or Manly as they need a good dummy spitting coach !
It must be soul destroying the realisation that your ego and self worth are a figment of your own imagination ....
But if you check out the Souths site their are many who think he is still good value. Unfortunately for Farah but fortunately for Souths Damian Cook peaked in form just like Brooks did here - actually both under new coaches.

https://warren.rabbitohs.net/t/robbie-f ... ly/1688/48
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:48 am

Masterton wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:33 am
BBF is less interested in Wests Tigers than his two obsessions of Farah and Moses. Both are going putrid so he makes stuff up.
Magpies/Tigers is still the only team I care for, other teams I may care for individual players but in the long term not the team at all but I care for all working class teams a bit. Everyone admits that it is actually worth watching Brooks now, same goes for Benji and a few others, a few years ago Farah was almost the only one worth watching. Him keeping the standard for those slack intermittent years probably kept many fans here who otherwise may not have remained.

Here is the link to the retired story.
https://warren.rabbitohs.net/t/robbie-f ... ly/1688/48
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:37 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 2:44 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 2:14 am
gallagher wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:54 pm
Telltails wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:39 pm
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/robbie ... 5fdbdbe413

.... surely not? But maybe...
Two years after he retires and as an ambassador according to the article. I can't see a problem with that.
Article is over a year old

And CK Marshall has been good .......when he has stuck to the same page that Cleary is on

Hodgo's been handed the strongest ISP team in the league

We bring Farah back and he will test his power within the club again at some stage

Why are so many on the Forum so into this "Back to the Future "

You'd swear we have been a league powerhouse based on some opinion's , not the club with the worst record since the inception of the NRL era and the amalgamation of Wests /Balmain
Yep - probably the best post of all time on this forum! Well done.
Thanks LT

Yeah Nah

I think my posts calling Nathan Milone as possibly the next Renouf far better , and so far from being right it was incredible :lol:

Lets just focus on the future , the past is all nice ,fuzzy ,mushy and warm , but it is ancient history and we can't change it

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:39 am

Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:46 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:39 am
Yeah maybe CB

But if his 1st run at the club is a key indicator , you'd have to admit we probably don't need him back anytime soon

Maybe , possibly maybe once we have a strong enough culture that will withstand any of his histrionics again , but that time should be a while away yet

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:53 am

Nope not again. Need him back? What for?
Let's not forget he was a big part of the problem that the club has begun to fix.
Its like asking a migraine sufferer if they're looking forward to their next headache.
"Quality Stupidity"

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:53 am

All clubs, regardless of history, are littered with ex players on boards and in other positions. Some fans will remember them fondly, others won't.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:55 am

"Littered." Good choice of words.
"Quality Stupidity"

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 9:24 am

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:38 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 5:59 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
of his own doing!
Yep, people seem to forget what was said and done.
I haven't forgotten, I just think that, as a player he was one of the best dummy halves in the game for a long time and I believe that he deserves some sort of send off to acknowledge this.

It's nothing to do with us, he is with Souths now and there hasnt been any bad blood with him there, as far as I know. He was playing first grade in front of Cook there last year. I'm sure they could do something for him, rather than just letting him go quietly without any recognition of his services to the game - the guy represented his state and country!

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 9:50 am

We would take him back at our own peril.

Coach of the Leichhardt Wanders could be a possibility.

Should not be allowed within 5 km. of any WT venue.

When you are in remission you don't invite cancer for dinner.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 10:02 am

Snake wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 6:50 am
I think Parra could actually use him. Their team has tanked and a boom hooker is a good idea.
Manly have Apisai Koroisau and he is doing a good job.

I suspect that neither Souths or WT will take Farah, as we have Cook and Liddle.

Honestly with the culture were building I think Farah could actually fit right in and just grind away as a 80 min hooker taking the line. But he would be better suited to Canberra or even Brisbane. We have our hooker locked up.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:31 pm

I get some people didn't like the guy but some of the stuff being written about Farah is just hysterical. His biggest "fault" seems to be he gave a crap and had to be dynamited out of a club that others were only too happy to leave. It's a bit much blaming him for the post-2011 malaise and ignoring the role he played in 2005 & 2010. Maybe he was representative of player power gone wrong but to me that was more to do with weak, unfocused and divided boards. Others who were just as if not more responsible for such things seem to get less criticism.

Local junior, premiership winner, rep player - the man isn't perfect but I'm prepared to overlook the few negatives given the service he's given the club.

Post by 851 » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:34 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:31 pm
I get some people didn't like the guy but some of the stuff being written about Farah is just hysterical. His biggest "fault" seems to be he gave a crap and had to be dynamited out of a club that others were only too happy to leave. It's a bit much blaming him for the post-2011 malaise and ignoring the role he played in 2005 & 2010. Maybe he was representative of player power gone wrong but to me that was more to do with weak, unfocused and divided boards. Others who were just as if not more responsible for such things seem to get less criticism.

Local junior, premiership winner, rep player - the man isn't perfect but I'm prepared to overlook the few negatives given the service he's given the club.
Hard to argue Yoss, if JT hadn't come to the club it could have been handled properly and peoples opinions may be different.
Go hard or go home