Live game thread: Contains spoilers

TYGA

Re: Live game thread: Contains spoilers

Post by TYGA » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 11:26 pm

Eiso is a bench prop and will go back there when Packer is healthy.

Goodinet is not first grade standard Reynolds or Mcilwrick are better options.

Rochow has hit a wall posted it a few weeks ago we need to upgrade the right edge back row.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:14 am

Newcastle deserved the win, hopefully we can get back on track for Parra

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 1:53 am

I take it we lost....lost internet with 5 to go...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:15 am

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 7:51 pm
Geez after 7 weeks we've lost 2 games by a combined 3 points and people want to sack the coach and boot half the team. We weren't good enough tonight - it happens. Newcastle aren't the duds they've been in past years. Some changes maybe but you can only make changes that strengthen the team. No Packer, Lawrence, Reynolds, HIAs galore. It was a tough night. We've got a nice break leading into next round so that will be the test to rebound.

Nope im heasding for the razor blades.....

I see Nofo mentioned a lot but have seen other posters suggest the defensive structure on that. Right edge may not have been what it has been ingnored...have ti watch and see i guess...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:25 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:15 am
Yossarian wrote:
Geez after 7 weeks we've lost 2 games by a combined 3 points and people want to sack the coach and boot half the team. We weren't good enough tonight - it happens. Newcastle aren't the duds they've been in past years. Some changes maybe but you can only make changes that strengthen the team. No Packer, Lawrence, Reynolds, HIAs galore. It was a tough night. We've got a nice break leading into next round so that will be the test to rebound.

I see Nofo mentioned a lot but have seen other posters suggest the defensive structure on that. Right edge may not have been what it has been ingnored...have ti watch and see i guess...
viewtopic.php?f=270&t=30982&start=18

Check the .gifs on page 2 for the 3 trys.

The problems all start way before Nofa but his positioning could also be better to cover the winger. Hopefully we sort it out fast.

BalmainTigerForever

Post by BalmainTigerForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:36 am

FreddyK wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:35 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:24 pm
BalmainTigerForever wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:52 pm
yes we need changes, bring Tui back, move Thompson back on the wing.
get rid of Zelesniak and put Nof or Fanua there and never let Godinet play FG again.
What a stinker of an assessment.
X2

Godinet was not the only one to make a mistake - Hooth and Benji made some clangers. Why Zelezniak? Unless we can bring someone on with good pace he will stay. Tui? Sorry too many positional and defensive mistakes at fullback in the ISP. Fanua also has mistakes in his game. Why move Thompson? Tui is just not good enough for fullback and Thompson is the best that we've got.
Zelezniak doesn"t make mistakes ? Thompson doesn't make mistakes ? you are kidding me right? everybody bags Tui or Nof or Benji or Brooks but no one seems to care that all the mistakes these other guys make and are always in the starting side. how is that fair?when these guys make mistakes why are they not dropped? most people on here bagged Brooks but i don't see why when he was coached by idiots. now it seems everybody is doing the same thing about Tui. as far as i;m concerned the best team should be picked. if they then lose then i can accept that but when we lose because of some of these players who are there every week and never get dropped really annoys me. Godinet played in ISP for years and no other team would put him in FG. Zelezniak could not make FG at Penrith but he seems to be a star player here. go figure. :brick:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:41 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:25 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:15 am
Yossarian wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=270&t=30982&start=18

Check the .gifs on page 2 for the 3 trys.

The problems all start way before Nofa but his positioning could also be better to cover the winger. Hopefully we sort it out fast.
x2 TT

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:02 am

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 2:36 am
FreddyK wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:52 pm
yes we need changes, bring Tui back, move Thompson back on the wing.
get rid of Zelesniak and put Nof or Fanua there and never let Godinet play FG again.
X2

Godinet was not the only one to make a mistake - Hooth and Benji made some clangers. Why Zelezniak? Unless we can bring someone on with good pace he will stay. Tui? Sorry too many positional and defensive mistakes at fullback in the ISP. Fanua also has mistakes in his game. Why move Thompson? Tui is just not good enough for fullback and Thompson is the best that we've got.
Zelezniak doesn"t make mistakes ? Thompson doesn't make mistakes ? you are kidding me right? everybody bags Tui or Nof or Benji or Brooks but no one seems to care that all the mistakes these other guys make and are always in the starting side. how is that fair?when these guys make mistakes why are they not dropped? most people on here bagged Brooks but i don't see why when he was coached by idiots. now it seems everybody is doing the same thing about Tui. as far as i;m concerned the best team should be picked. if they then lose then i can accept that but when we lose because of some of these players who are there every week and never get dropped really annoys me. Godinet played in ISP for years and no other team would put him in FG. Zelezniak could not make FG at Penrith but he seems to be a star player here. go figure. :brick:
you seem to know more than the coach... maybe you should coach (backseat coach)

they lost by 2 but to you it seems that it's the end of the world :shock:
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:13 am

Re: 3 tries by Sio. If you look at the Newcastle / Storm game you will see the Newcastle team scoring tries through long passes on the RHS to Sio. They were identical to those scored by Sio against us. If IC and the boys did their homework by reviewing previous games they should have realised this was a major scoring avenue for the Knights: yet, Sio managed three. Our boys either did their homework and our attempt to stop the move failed or they did not do their homework and the failure lies at training and inadequate preparation. Only IC and the playmakers now which it was.

BalmainTigerForever

Post by BalmainTigerForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:02 am
FreddyK wrote:
Doc Tiger wrote:

X2

backseat coach? it does seem that i do see what the coach doesn't. Cleary has his pets and they will not get dropped. yes we lost by 2 but it is a long season so we will see. :roll:

BalmainTigerForever

Post by BalmainTigerForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:19 pm

Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:54 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:48 pm
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:43 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:

a good assessment as far as i'm concerned if we want to win games and more importantly my opinion.
:roll:
:lol:
:roll:

BalmainTigerForever

Post by BalmainTigerForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:38 pm

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm
4jtigers wrote:
FreddyK wrote:

X2

backseat coach? it does seem that i do see what the coach doesn't. Cleary has his pets and they will not get dropped. yes we lost by 2 but it is a long season so we will see. :roll:
by the way Mr Know It All. i do this for fun because i cant stand most of the comments on here. do you guys really think Cleary reads all this crap. it seems that there are hundreds of coaches on here.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:38 pm
4jtigers wrote:

by the way Mr Know It All. i do this for fun because i cant stand most of the comments on here. do you guys really think Cleary reads all this crap. it seems that there are hundreds of coaches on here.
If that's your attitude then you're probably not going to last too long here either.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:18 pm

4jtigers wrote:

Another 14yo
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:18 pm

I don't think anyone believes Cleary reads the forum.... Don't know what gave you that idea.
Hes a quality professional person with no time for trivial things such as this board

BalmainTigerForever

Post by BalmainTigerForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:18 pm
4jtigers wrote:

Another 14yo
so that makes you a 10 year old? for your information i have been Balmain tigers fan for over 40 years.
your answer is the same as a 10 year old.

BalmainTigerForever

Post by BalmainTigerForever » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:19 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm
4jtigers wrote:

If that's your attitude then you're probably not going to last too long here either.
i am so worried and scared. it seems your opinons matter more to you than me. i state my opinions whether you like them or not.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:50 pm

Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:19 pm
willow wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm

i am so worried and scared. it seems your opinons matter more to you than me. i state my opinions whether you like them or not.
LOL...See ya pal