Knights used HIA for Pearce Pec injury

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: Knights used HIA for Pearce Pec injury

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:42 pm

Ive watched The sunday footy show, sports sunday, both games today...no mention of them breaching the HIA thing, but plenty of ''poor mitch sore chest muscle''...much like when dad organised he be hustled off to thailand before they could drug test him after his doggy dalliance


king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:15 pm

Not really like that at all. Odd comparison
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

mctiger
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by mctiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:34 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:39 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:24 pm
Do the knights get deducted the 2 competition points ? Do we get the win instead?
No they will just lose 2
Am I the only one that thinks in these type of cases that if a team losses points (except salary cape breaches) that the other team should get the points?

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:49 pm

Whatever...
We simply didn't deserve to win that one. If they take points off Newcastle so be it, but really - we were outplayed everywhere by a better team.
We will learn more from that loss than we would have if we'd fluked the win.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:53 pm

mctiger wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:34 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:39 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 8:24 pm
Do the knights get deducted the 2 competition points ? Do we get the win instead?
No they will just lose 2
Am I the only one that thinks in these type of cases that if a team losses points (except salary cape breaches) that the other team should get the points?
They would say theyre only punishing the offenders, rather than rewarding their opponents.

However we see cases like Burgess, lays out seizer, Canberra get a piddly penalty while souths opponents the next few weeks gets the advantage.

Nobody cares, you bring things up like this to mainstream media, they either laugh it off or sweep it away as too hard...I guess cause its everyone doing it - its hunky dory, if you cant beat em, join em


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:01 am

Ive messaged 2KY BSB, 2SM TalkinSport, 2UE Sports Radio & NRL360....maybe one of them will check it out
Good morning boys,
Would you call it a breach of the HIA rule if the Knights had no interchanges left at the 75th minute when Pearce went off with his pec injury...and they claimed it as a head knock?
IF that happened, and IF they played the last four or five minutes with an illegal replacement, then do you think they should be docked the two competition points?
Many keen viewers are saying that in fact did occur.
Thanks.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:54 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:01 am
Ive messaged 2KY BSB, 2SM TalkinSport, 2UE Sports Radio & NRL360....maybe one of them will check it out
Good morning boys,
Would you call it a breach of the HIA rule if the Knights had no interchanges left at the 75th minute when Pearce went off with his pec injury...and they claimed it as a head knock?
IF that happened, and IF they played the last four or five minutes with an illegal replacement, then do you think they should be docked the two competition points?
Many keen viewers are saying that in fact did occur.
Thanks.
If they acknowledge it at all they will claim Yates was due back on but I am pretty sure was the rule is same players change back on and off.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8268
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 8:52 am

Blatant cheating
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5173
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 9:29 am

I am sure the trainers at most clubs put an hour a week practicing tapping there heads .. this is a joke and a loop hole. The NRL are trying to do the right thing here but it is being abused by grubby coaches .

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 9:36 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:54 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:01 am
Ive messaged 2KY BSB, 2SM TalkinSport, 2UE Sports Radio & NRL360....maybe one of them will check it out
Good morning boys,
Would you call it a breach of the HIA rule if the Knights had no interchanges left at the 75th minute when Pearce went off with his pec injury...and they claimed it as a head knock?
IF that happened, and IF they played the last four or five minutes with an illegal replacement, then do you think they should be docked the two competition points?
Many keen viewers are saying that in fact did occur.
Thanks.
If they acknowledge it at all they will claim Yates was due back on but I am pretty sure was the rule is same players change back on and off.
How can Yates be 'due back on' if they had no interchanges left?

Do you mean he was off for a HIA as well?

Getting confusing

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 9:38 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 9:36 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:54 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 6:01 am
Ive messaged 2KY BSB, 2SM TalkinSport, 2UE Sports Radio & NRL360....maybe one of them will check it out
Good morning boys,
Would you call it a breach of the HIA rule if the Knights had no interchanges left at the 75th minute when Pearce went off with his pec injury...and they claimed it as a head knock?
IF that happened, and IF they played the last four or five minutes with an illegal replacement, then do you think they should be docked the two competition points?
Many keen viewers are saying that in fact did occur.
Thanks.
If they acknowledge it at all they will claim Yates was due back on but I am pretty sure was the rule is same players change back on and off.
How can Yates be 'due back on' if they had no interchanges left?

Do you mean he was off for a HIA as well?

Getting confusing
He was also off for a HIA to my knowledge.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 9:40 am

Ok cheers

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 11:22 am

Yep former guest got it.

I have been looking around trying to find what the rule is regarding HIA and it isn't outlined in the 'laws and interpretations' document or anywhere else that I can find.

I was always under the impression that when a player went off for a HIA that they had to replace the same play when they came back on, for example:
Taylor replaced by Smith for a HIA and passes after 15 minutes and comes back on the field. Smith comes back off and Taylor goes on.

I will have a closer look at it over games in the next few weeks as it would be good to know the rules around this.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 12:42 pm

Cheers chook... I'd be interested to hear what you discover.
Would be impossible to do watching on TV you'd have to be there live

User avatar
Wagga Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Wagga Tiger » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 1:01 pm

Yates was still on the ground when we kicked our penalty goal, there was 16:20 left on the clock at that stage. I thought it was a minimum of 15 minute you had to be off for a HIA could be wrong.

TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 2:22 pm

This is NRL - nothing will happen at all. Knights deserved to win and there were some poor rulings on both sides in that game so we shouldn't complain, just learn that lesson and get on with being more in the fight to win next week. Effort was the big difference on Saturday - nothing else.

BlackandGoldForever
Member
Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 3:44 pm

well 2 BS penalties led to the Knights 2 fluke trys that got them the win. they got a full set of 6 off a so called late hit (which happens every set of 6_ at that stage were were up 18-10 it changes the entire complextion of the game

thats the problem with the NRL stupid ref choices that completely change the game and turn the game around the NRL is rigged with this, we should have had the ball 7 tackles on the 20 instead knights get another set of 6 at our line, a Benji Try saver then they scored off the next play. and the game turned to them all because of a BS penalty that should not have been given/

then the refs decide to give them another penalty to make the game exciting for the last few mins and that idiot SKD scores a fluke try because our winger doesn't know how to stay on his wing.

it's the only sport where a ref can single handingly change the momentum of a game and swing it.

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Mon 23 Apr, 2018 1:01 pm
Yates was still on the ground when we kicked our penalty goal, there was 16:20 left on the clock at that stage. I thought it was a minimum of 15 minute you had to be off for a HIA could be wrong.
I think it's 15 minutes of real time they need to sit out, not game time. So if there were stoppages towards the end of the game, that would account for the time discrepancy.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Post Reply