Josh Mansour

User avatar
marzie
Member
Member
Posts: 1678
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2014 8:43 pm

Re: Josh Mansour

Post by marzie » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 1:22 pm

Mansour is a good buy at 400-450k although I'm sure he can get more than that elsewhere


clontarfkid
Member
Member
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 2:37 pm

marzie wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 1:22 pm
Mansour is a good buy at 400-450k although I'm sure he can get more than that elsewhere
Thats fair value for an ex international standard winger who doesn't play any other position....unless theyre a genuine game changer like Semi or possibly Israel Folau
Mansours injury conerns wld inhibit most clubs from paying any more than this ...except for Easts of course.
His best years were under IC,so maybe...?

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18311
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 2:48 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:38 am
I watched 100% Footy for the first time last week, can't stand that Neil Breen. I don't know if Gus looks at him with contempt every week, but I could understand why. What a peanut.

He used to be the program manager for the TODAY show?

Ruan Sims on the other hand, what a great ambassador for the game she is. She's measured with her comments but also informed.
Ruan is smarter than all her brothers combined. Always enjoy her commentary on the ABC. Remember once she must have had the onset of laryngitis and her voice got worse throughout the broadcast. She took it in good humour though.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 3:11 pm

marzie wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 1:22 pm
Mansour is a good buy at 400-450k although I'm sure he can get more than that elsewhere
I wouldn't sign him. He's not getting any younger and he's not fast. Plus he had a horrible injury to his face where he fractured 3 bones in his face and will put him out until the end of the season. So I wouldn't go spending 650k on him let alone 450k.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01. TheDaBoss.

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:39 am

Would be a great signing. Had gone back to his great form the last few week.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22828
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:45 am

supercoach wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:19 am
no chance if we are up against a few other clubs
Why not? He debuted under Cleary. It’s been proven players want to come here to play under him. But yeah, no chance :brick:

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:52 am

I think we could get better. Depends on the price we could get him for.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29693
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:16 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 2:48 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 11:38 am
I watched 100% Footy for the first time last week, can't stand that Neil Breen. I don't know if Gus looks at him with contempt every week, but I could understand why. What a peanut.

He used to be the program manager for the TODAY show?

Ruan Sims on the other hand, what a great ambassador for the game she is. She's measured with her comments but also informed.
Ruan is smarter than all her brothers combined. Always enjoy her commentary on the ABC. Remember once she must have had the onset of laryngitis and her voice got worse throughout the broadcast. She took it in good humour though.
I saw either tariq or korbin interviewed a few years back.... He's no typical Meath easy forward.. He was very very impressive, surprised me a lot...

I'm not sure on Mansour.... This current injury is very severe, his face is smashed in 3 places I read...could suffer confidence issues though I may be wrong... Would be an awesome effort back from that

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:55 pm

A representative winger who is probably the best in the competition in taking those hard runs on your line early in the set as a winger, with solid defence

Yeah pass.......

hank37w
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:23 am
Location: South West

Post by hank37w » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 4:35 pm

I don't think many people are saying we don't want him, the issue here is at what price.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 4:43 pm

Got to be kidding ..... he is a definite improvement on what we have at present. Is having bad run with injuries but that can’t go on forever.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 4:51 pm

My mail reckons he’s no chance

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:33 pm

Milky wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 4:51 pm
My mail reckons he’s no chance
Your mail????

User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:38 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:55 pm
A representative winger who is probably the best in the competition in taking those hard runs on your line early in the set as a winger, with solid defence

Yeah pass.......
Solid defence ? he is a carbon copy of Nofo loves to run in & hasn't got a clue.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:47 pm

hank37w wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 4:35 pm
I don't think many people are saying we don't want him, the issue here is at what price.
Bingo. Much better than what we have but not at any price.

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 7:21 pm

kafta wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:38 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:55 pm
A representative winger who is probably the best in the competition in taking those hard runs on your line early in the set as a winger, with solid defence

Yeah pass.......
Solid defence ? he is a carbon copy of Nofo loves to run in & hasn't got a clue.
I see otherwise, and he’s good under the high ball too as well

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 7:22 pm

kafta wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 6:38 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:55 pm
A representative winger who is probably the best in the competition in taking those hard runs on your line early in the set as a winger, with solid defence

Yeah pass.......
Solid defence ? he is a carbon copy of Nofo loves to run in & hasn't got a clue.
Yep. That's right. That is why he is a SOO and Australian winger. Hasn't got a clue?

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Furious1 » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 8:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:45 am
supercoach wrote:
Tue 24 Apr, 2018 7:19 am
no chance if we are up against a few other clubs
Why not? He debuted under Cleary. It’s been proven players want to come here to play under him. But yeah, no chance :brick:
Never say never, but he made it clear this contract is about “ setting up the family” , otherwise he would stay put. So I’m guessing highest bidder wins.

Post Reply