Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

iofthetigers

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by iofthetigers » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:45 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 4:32 pm
I've heard people talk up Su'a before and to me he seems solid without being a game breaker - but i've only seen him once or twice.. Who would people compare him to?
somewhere between SBW & Simon Dwyer,in terms of potential he is a freak with the things he can do at training. The most promising forward the donkeys have.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:08 pm

iofthetigers wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 6:45 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 4:32 pm
I've heard people talk up Su'a before and to me he seems solid without being a game breaker - but i've only seen him once or twice.. Who would people compare him to?
somewhere between SBW & Simon Dwyer,in terms of potential he is a freak with the things he can do at training. The most promising forward the donkeys have.
I'd be going for Pangai Jr ahead of Su'a. Pangai Jr has the size to be as damaging a runner as Taumalolo. I can't see us winning a bidding war with the Knights or Broncos for Pangai Jr but we might as well annoy them and drive the price up...

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:08 pm

tonza wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 5:45 pm
vlad wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 5:32 pm
David Riccio on radio this afternoon suggested if Norman was released by Parra then the Dogs was his likely destination . But they’d have to offload someone like MBye to free up enough cash to make it work .

That would leave the Dogs with
7 Foran
6 Norman
1 Hopoate
I would be happy to have Norman as a ball playing fullback with us. Also great back up for halves.
I don't mind it actually tonza. Norman was very effective for the Eels when he roamed around the field before Moses arrived. My preference is for Tui to come good, hopefully this weekend he will show enough.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:10 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 6:31 pm
i hate to rain on the MYBE parade, but i spoke to a player and a official at the dogs today and there is no word that he is leaving this year or next, both of the two i trust that they have not heard anything. i know that it doesnt mean it wont happen but it is either hush hush or its dead in the water.
Theres no rain for me, i just don't think he will be any more than he is. We can do better.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:26 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 1:03 pm
Wests Tigers twitter account liked this Bulldogs tweet. :lol:

To fat. Never make it as a fullback.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:46 pm

bp tiger wrote:
i hate to rain on the MYBE parade, but i spoke to a player and a official at the dogs today and there is no word that he is leaving this year or next, both of the two i trust that they have not heard anything. i know that it doesnt mean it wont happen but it is either hush hush or its dead in the water.
I don't think a player would want to show that he is leaving if he has a game on the weekend. But i guess we will have to wait and see.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:51 pm

Triple M reporting Matt Gillett has signed a new 4 year deal with the Broncos rated one of the best back rowers in the comp wouldn't have come cheap now turning their attention to retaining Pangai Jr & Su'a apparently the Broncs have some of the best jnrs coming thru than their ever had may be we go in hard for either Pangai Jr or Su'a to stretch their sun shade to breaking point.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:54 pm

bp tiger wrote:
I have no idea on the Mbye situation.... but if he we signed him for next year, and Dogs know they won't make the semis, surely they'd be willing to let him go early to help their cap.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

akpinareren1

Post by akpinareren1 » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:06 pm

Have to sign pangia jr and ISAAKO asap

vlad

Post by vlad » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:14 pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... bf450c6273

OPEN MARKET MOSES OR CUT-PRICE TIGER

CANTERBURY fullback Moses Mbye has a choice to make — take up an extra season at the Tigers, and a slight trim on his wages, or back himself to be worth more money when his current deal with Canterbury expires at the end of 2020. Mbye is a victim of the former administration’s back-ended deals.

The Bulldogs don’t want to let him go, but through good form and his young age, Mbye looms as the only real player that clubs are chasing.

Mbye has a three-year deal on offer at the Tigers, which works out slightly less per season than the remaining two years he will get at the Bulldogs — which is worth almost $2 million.

The current Bulldogs administration have made it clear they won’t pitch in a significant deal for anyone to play against them — including Mbye.

So they won’t be low-balled or forced to make a decision like they had to with James Graham last year. And while they are under the cap next year, they still want to clear space as they look to field a more balanced squad.

THE POM

Post by THE POM » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:18 pm

Ethan Lowe insights for 2019.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:21 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:18 pm
Here he is. Hear Anything else mate??

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:22 pm

THE POM wrote:
Cool
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

THE POM

Post by THE POM » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:26 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:21 pm
THE POM wrote:
The Mbye talk/deal is real & would be a good coup. Only 24, has a lot in front of him. Cleary will get the best from him.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:28 pm

vlad wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:14 pm

CANTERBURY fullback Moses Mbye has a choice to make — take up an extra season at the Tigers, and a slight trim on his wages, or back himself to be worth more money when his current deal with Canterbury expires at the end of 2020. Mbye is a victim of the former administration’s back-ended deals.

The Bulldogs don’t want to let him go, but through good form and his young age, Mbye looms as the only real player that clubs are chasing.

Mbye has a three-year deal on offer at the Tigers, which works out slightly less per season than the remaining two years he will get at the Bulldogs — which is worth almost $2 million.

The current Bulldogs administration have made it clear they won’t pitch in a significant deal for anyone to play against them — including Mbye.

So they won’t be low-balled or forced to make a decision like they had to with James Graham last year. And while they are under the cap next year, they still want to clear space as they look to field a more balanced squad.
Hopefully he takes on field results into consideration. We’re on the up with guys like him, and possibly Cleary junior on the way, while the Dogs are in quicksand with no end in sight.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:28 pm
vlad wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:14 pm

Hopefully he takes on field results into consideration. We’re on the up with guys like him, and possibly Cleary junior on the way, while the Dogs are in quicksand with no end in sight.

Problem is if his on 900k and dogs only willing to chip in 100k is he a 800k player?

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:37 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:26 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:21 pm
THE POM wrote:
The Mbye talk/deal is real & would be a good coup. Only 24, has a lot in front of him. Cleary will get the best from him.

Any other full backs in sights?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:39 pm

THE POM wrote:
That definitely makes sense, I'd like that signing if we can pull it off.