ISP Team Announcement: Round 12

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
momo&medo

Re: ISP Team Announcement: Round 12

Post by momo&medo » Sat 26 May, 2018 2:48 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 1:48 pm
Robson comes on the field and scores from dummy half!
Not watching as I’m overseas ..... but from I saw from him in few games he played ....
I like what I see.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 26 May, 2018 2:50 pm

this team sure knows how to blow a game

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 26 May, 2018 2:51 pm

Disappointing 2nd half 22-23

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 26 May, 2018 2:55 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:51 pm
Wow ..... that’s a bummer. Is that the final score?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 26 May, 2018 2:57 pm

There will be a few of these guys looking for a new club next season ,poor performance in general.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 26 May, 2018 3:03 pm

They have done that a few times this year - so much for all the first grade experience in the team.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 26 May, 2018 3:15 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:55 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:51 pm
Wow ..... that’s a bummer. Is that the final score?
Yep, had a man in the bin for the final 10

Some really bad errors in our own 30m in the 2nd half

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 26 May, 2018 3:17 pm

The Tigers have had some annoying teams over the years and this one is right up there. For a good lineup they really do suck.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 May, 2018 3:31 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:44 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 9:47 am
Heading out... Went a few years back when Manly flogged us in the wet.
Looks better weather today taking my missus to show her where a teenage westie hoon cut his teeth on the back of fibro/silvertail bloodbaths... Maybe she'll begin to understand why he gets so worked up during games, but I doubt it
Yes ..... Takes me back to my teens and my days at Ashfield Boys High.
We were at Lidcombe for all good and bad (unfortunately lots of bad) times.
Hot dogs and pies seller was always there.
Used to live at Summer Hill.
When were u at ABHS?

What a garbage 2nd half, I think k my missus is a mock

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Sat 26 May, 2018 5:03 pm

Another really disappointing loss from a team who certainly know how to blow a good lead. We never seem to have players who know how to close out games. The most disappointing aspect was the absence of players who showed they can step up to the NRL. The only player who showed a readiness to step up was Garner. I really liked the signing of McQueen when it happened but he looks finished I'm afraid. Kev was busy but unproductive. Felise and Sue make too many errors. Gamble is not even close to being ready for first grade and Godinet shouldn't even be picked in ISP. A few of the others look like reasonable ISP players but not first graders. More depth needed please.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 26 May, 2018 5:55 pm

coivtny wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 5:03 pm
Another really disappointing loss from a team who certainly know how to blow a good lead. We never seem to have players who know how to close out games. The most disappointing aspect was the absence of players who showed they can step up to the NRL. The only player who showed a readiness to step up was Garner. I really liked the signing of McQueen when it happened but he looks finished I'm afraid. Kev was busy but unproductive. Felise and Sue make too many errors. Gamble is not even close to being ready for first grade and Godinet shouldn't even be picked in ISP. A few of the others look like reasonable ISP players but not first graders. More depth needed please.
Gamble is shocking hey.
People calling for him to get a crack in first grade and he can't even make a tackle in cup games
#overrated
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:13 pm

Bog average side. Come out full of momentum, then fall in a hole. McQueen will anchor this side for the next 3 years based on performances. He is softer than a wet tissue and is just earning a pay cheque.

Blokes like him should be leading the side and demanding better, but that’s hard to do when you won’t have a go

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 3:31 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:44 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 9:47 am
Heading out... Went a few years back when Manly flogged us in the wet.
Looks better weather today taking my missus to show her where a teenage westie hoon cut his teeth on the back of fibro/silvertail bloodbaths... Maybe she'll begin to understand why he gets so worked up during games, but I doubt it
Yes ..... Takes me back to my teens and my days at Ashfield Boys High.
We were at Lidcombe for all good and bad (unfortunately lots of bad) times.
Hot dogs and pies seller was always there.
Used to live at Summer Hill.
When were u at ABHS?

What a garbage 2nd half, I think k my missus is a mock
Years 9-12 between 1967-1969.
Yes this side has a bad habit of switching off in second half of games.
Pretty poor for a side with so called “potential first graders fighting for 1st grade spots”.
How can we not score a point in second half. Poor coaching?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:23 pm

Magpies go down at the death to Jets
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Sat 26 May 2018, 02:51 PM

Western Suburbs Magpies have gone down to a last minute field goal from the Newtown Jets today in their Round 12 Intrust Super Premiership at Lidcombe Oval.

Playing in front of a strong crowd at the former spiritual home of the Magpies, Brett Hodgson's men showed their attacking class with a dominant opening 40 to lead the Jets comfortably at the break.

However, it was a much different story in the second half as errors from the hosts combined with resilient defending from the Jets allowing the visitors back in to the contest to eventually steal the win.

Toni Tali got the match off to the perfect start when he latched on to the end of a Tyson Gamble grubber after just four minutes of play, with Gamble converting the try to give the Magpies an early 6-0 lead.

The hosts threatened to go back-to-back when they spread it wide to Lucas Price moments later, but the winger was unable to ground the ball out wide — giving Newtown a momentary reprieve. The Jets quickly spread the ball from right to left, and found space down the wing through Charlton Schaafhausen, with the winger darting away from the cover defence to push away from Tali and cross for the visitors first try.

Kyle Flanagan's sideline conversion struck the post, however, leaving the Magpies in front at 6-4.

Newtown looked destined to take the lead when William Kennedy broke through the line, but an incredible try-saving tackle from Watson Heleta to punch the ball free as he stepped inside saved the day for Wests.

A switch of centres from Kevin Naiqama and Tali quickly put the Magpies back on the front foot, with Pita Godinet and then Gamble finding space on the right edge of the Newtown attack. Both times it was Western Suburbs captain Luke Garner who was the beneficiary, with the forward crashing over for two tries in the space of three minutes to take his season tally to eight tries and the Magpies' lead to 16-4.

Braden Robson continued the dominant attacking display from Wests when he crossed seven minutes before half-time, and it could have been more as Naiqama and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak both went close.

However, it would be Newtown who had the last laugh of the opening half, with Anthony Moratis collecting an error from Heleta to score as the siren sounded. Flanagan had no problems converting, with the Jets cutting the score to 22-10 at the break that didn't reflect how dominant Wests had been.

As was the case with last week's win over the Panthers, it was a slow start to the second half from Western Suburbs that saw them squander good attacking opportunities with errors and poor last tackle options.

Eventually, Newtown would make the hosts pay for that with a quick shift to the right catching out tired defenders, before Jack Williams backed up on the inside to score next to the posts.

Flanagan's simple conversion cut the margin to just six points with 15 minutes still remaining.

Sauaso Sue had the chance to put the game beyond doubt when he crashed through the line with 10 minutes remaining, but was unable to ground the ball as the post denied the front rower from scoring.

That play would prove pivotal in the momentum of the match as a break from Addison Demetriou's linebreak saw Newtown on the front foot and Wests down a man with Lucas Price committing a professional foul to deny the Jets from scoring.

However, with the extra man advantage, it didn't take long for Newtown to eventually cross as Williams stepped back on the inside for his second try of the game to level the match with five minutes to play.

And a missed field goal from Gamble gave Newtown a seven tackle set, it was Flanagan who proved the hero for Newtown — stepping up from 25m out to land the one-pointer as time expired.

Newtown Jets 23 (Williams 2, Schaafhausen, Moratis tries; Flanagan 3/4 goals; Flanagan field goal) def. Western Suburbs Magpies 22 (Garner 2, Tali, Robson tries; Gamble 3/4 goals)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:45 pm

Well that's disappointing...should I watch it or just hit delete...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Sat 26 May, 2018 6:56 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 6:45 pm
Well that's disappointing...should I watch it or just hit delete...?
I'd watch the first half......and then delete.

I was there today and it was a bit like watching the Wests of old, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

Anyway, it was good to go and talk to a few of my old mates.

Caught up with Bob Cooper for a chat, as I went to school with him.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:57 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:32 pm
J Caine is awful, he shall call the game, and say a few things about the good guys for a change
Have noticed this before about Caine, he never tips WT or has anything good to say about the club. Weird for an ex-player, look at Bwaiff- he nearly pitches a pants-tent every time he talks about the Roosters.
Wonder if he left the club on bad terms and his arse is still burning because of it?

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 27 May, 2018 11:55 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:57 am
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 2:32 pm
J Caine is awful, he shall call the game, and say a few things about the good guys for a change
Have noticed this before about Caine, he never tips WT or has anything good to say about the club. Weird for an ex-player, look at Bwaiff- he nearly pitches a pants-tent every time he talks about the Roosters.
Wonder if he left the club on bad terms and his arse is still burning because of it?
http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21689
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.