Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

philgood

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by philgood » Sun 27 May, 2018 12:13 am

Everyone should remember that Woods was organising mitchell moses, james Tedesco and himself to sign for Canterbury as a package deal. All this was being done during the first couple rounds of 2017 when Jason Taylor was still coach...AND he was captain of the club!!!

Does everyone really want a guy like that back here? No thanks

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 12:35 am

How do you think Corey Oates would go in the back row?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:38 am

philgood wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 12:13 am
Everyone should remember that Woods was organising mitchell moses, james Tedesco and himself to sign for Canterbury as a package deal. All this was being done during the first couple rounds of 2017 when Jason Taylor was still coach...AND he was captain of the club!!!

Does everyone really want a guy like that back here? No thanks
It turns out he was doing us a favour . Maybe he's just a genius.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 5:49 am

Woods a target for rival clubs but return to Tigers unlikely
By Christian Nicolussi
26 May 2018 — 5:18pm

Aaron Woods has emerged a surprise prime target for rival clubs, just half a season into a whopping $3 million, four-year deal. Several clubs are understood to be interested in the international prop, including the Newcastle Knights. It would be a fairytale for Woods to return to his childhood club the Wests Tigers, who he meets on Sunday afternoon, but the joint venture wasted no time splurging big money on his front-row replacements Russell Packer and Ben Matulino. Fairfax Media understands the Knights were one club who made discreet inquiries this week, although coach Nathan Brown could not be reached for comment.

Woods never thought he would leave the Tigers, but now faces the chance of having three clubs in as many seasons. Canterbury officials revealed earlier this month they were unable to enter the player market until 2021 as they deal with a series of back-ended deals, some which rise by as much as $600,000. Woods is in the first year of a big-money deal, and despite being one of the most consistent props in the game, risks being snubbed by Brad Fittler when he names his NSW team on Monday. The Bulldogs have not had any discussions about Woods with the Knights or any other club, but Fairfax Media understands the club is aware of Newcastle's interest and prepared to consider any request.

The Knights are in the market for an experienced front-rower and are prepared to pay good money after they went all in for Matt Scott and then Jarrod Wallace. Both those players came close to moving to the Hunter, only to remain at North Queensland and the Gold Coast respectively. They did have success with premiership prop and Queensland representative Tim Glasby for next season. There were suggestions Woods was not the explosive type of front-rower that appealed to Brown, but the club would entertain him if they could jag him at the right price. Brett and Josh Morris are both leaving Belmore at the end of the season, as will Greg Eastwood. Moses Mbye is close to signing a deal to join the Tigers from next season as a fullback. Canterbury's dire salary-cap situation means they will not rule out any approach from clubs if the money is right. They are under the cap for this season and do not have to shed any players. "But it could be a case of short-term pain for long-term gain," one Belmore source said on Saturday night.

Woods was shattered when he left the Tigers, and former teammate Luke Brooks quipped this week he could even be booed by supporters at ANZ Stadium if the reaction to another favourite son, James Tedesco, was anything to go by in the opening round.
The 27-year-old is best friends with David Klemmer, who also attracted interest from rivals, only for club boss Andrew Hill to confirm he was one of the few players not for sale. Woods left a huge impression at the Tigers, with prop Matt Eisenhuth praising the former captain for helping him adjust to life in first grade. Eisenhuth, who inked a two-year extension on Friday, said of Woods' influence: "He's a good bloke, I learned a lot off him, but there will be some banter out there, he's got a bit of a mouth on him, so we'll see how we go. Hopefully we get bragging rights over him."

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 27 May, 2018 5:59 am

I wouldn't mind him coming back, maybe, possibly.............if we only have to pay maybe $300,000 at the most. On the field he's ok, but he slows the attack down a lot. His play the balls aren't quick and he likes backing into the opposition which just gives the defence time to reset.

It's the off the field stuff though that really puts me off. Even though he had a legit gripe with how the Tigers were being run for a while, to come out and say it and then have the hide to drag the club through "negotiations" even though he had no intention at all of staying...........part of me is certainly thinking, you made your bed Woodsey.......

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 May, 2018 6:48 am

willow wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 5:49 am
Woods a target for rival clubs but return to Tigers unlikely
By Christian Nicolussi
26 May 2018 — 5:18pm

Aaron Woods has emerged a surprise prime target for rival clubs, just half a season into a whopping $3 million, four-year deal. Several clubs are understood to be interested in the international prop, including the Newcastle Knights. It would be a fairytale for Woods to return to his childhood club the Wests Tigers, who he meets on Sunday afternoon, but the joint venture wasted no time splurging big money on his front-row replacements Russell Packer and Ben Matulino. Fairfax Media understands the Knights were one club who made discreet inquiries this week, although coach Nathan Brown could not be reached for comment.

Woods never thought he would leave the Tigers, but now faces the chance of having three clubs in as many seasons. Canterbury officials revealed earlier this month they were unable to enter the player market until 2021 as they deal with a series of back-ended deals, some which rise by as much as $600,000. Woods is in the first year of a big-money deal, and despite being one of the most consistent props in the game, risks being snubbed by Brad Fittler when he names his NSW team on Monday. The Bulldogs have not had any discussions about Woods with the Knights or any other club, but Fairfax Media understands the club is aware of Newcastle's interest and prepared to consider any request.

The Knights are in the market for an experienced front-rower and are prepared to pay good money after they went all in for Matt Scott and then Jarrod Wallace. Both those players came close to moving to the Hunter, only to remain at North Queensland and the Gold Coast respectively. They did have success with premiership prop and Queensland representative Tim Glasby for next season. There were suggestions Woods was not the explosive type of front-rower that appealed to Brown, but the club would entertain him if they could jag him at the right price. Brett and Josh Morris are both leaving Belmore at the end of the season, as will Greg Eastwood. Moses Mbye is close to signing a deal to join the Tigers from next season as a fullback. Canterbury's dire salary-cap situation means they will not rule out any approach from clubs if the money is right. They are under the cap for this season and do not have to shed any players. "But it could be a case of short-term pain for long-term gain," one Belmore source said on Saturday night.

Woods was shattered when he left the Tigers, and former teammate Luke Brooks quipped this week he could even be booed by supporters at ANZ Stadium if the reaction to another favourite son, James Tedesco, was anything to go by in the opening round.
The 27-year-old is best friends with David Klemmer, who also attracted interest from rivals, only for club boss Andrew Hill to confirm he was one of the few players not for sale. Woods left a huge impression at the Tigers, with prop Matt Eisenhuth praising the former captain for helping him adjust to life in first grade. Eisenhuth, who inked a two-year extension on Friday, said of Woods' influence: "He's a good bloke, I learned a lot off him, but there will be some banter out there, he's got a bit of a mouth on him, so we'll see how we go. Hopefully we get bragging rights over him."
Thank you..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 27 May, 2018 7:01 am

If you really love the tigers Woodsy
Then show us all and take a massive pay cut
Or is it all just talk
You already know what can happen when you chase the $

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 27 May, 2018 7:21 am

He underachieved while he was here. You’ve all seen the improvement we’ve made with Packer and Matulino, why the hell would you want him back at any price. He dragged on negotiations when he was never gonna stay, which kept the negative media spin on us. As the Captain of our Club, that’s unforgivable. He’s not in the top 10 Props in the game.
RCG
Vaughan
Graham
Packer
Matulino
Wallace
Klemmer
Napa
Bromwich
Boyd

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 27 May, 2018 7:25 am

philgood wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 12:13 am

Does everyone really want a guy like that back here? No

The Bulldogs didnt need Aaron Woods to approach Teddy or Moses.
Teddy was always a target for the Bulldogs and they were never interested in Moses - with or without Woods reported involvement.
To think that Woods had some major influence on anything except his own deal is ridiculous and the outcome pretty much supports that.
Last edited by Telltails on Sun 27 May, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 27 May, 2018 7:27 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 12:35 am
How do you think Corey Oates would go in the back row?
Not as good as he thinks he would.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:04 am

I’ll be very upset if he leaves Belmore. The situation they are in for the next 3-4 years is perfect karma for him. Wonder if he’ll do a sit down interview throwing the Dogs under the bus, like he did us.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:32 am

Good call., Karma has caught up with 2 of the BIG4.
I’ve also enjoyed the misery bestowed upon Woods and Moses post exile. Despite the dream you won’t be playing Finals footy and your clubs are not stronger.
Woods should be made to pay his penance at the Canterbury salt mine over the 4 lonely years that he so desired.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:56 am

woods wont come to us. trust me there.

nor is he the style of player we want to splurge on.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:10 am

EzyTyga wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 5:06 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 5:00 pm
RFM isn’t on big money so the dogs won’t get rid of him no chance

Second rower.... hmmmm well I just watched the titans and roosters game and would love Hipgrave his aggressiveness is so good to watch should’ve seen him go at Fergo all game along with hitting teddy with a bell ringer

Not sure on his contract situation but what do they mean anyways.... just ask Mitch
I hate watching Roosters games brings back painful memories especially when Teddy is firing. Hipgrave seems like a grub, wasn't impressed by him
I don't miss the guy at all. Had four of my young blokes team leading the Chooks onto the field yesterday and made sure none of them had that turncoats hand.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:51 am

I doubt Woods being shopped around is even about the money. I'd say it's about the culture the new coach is trying to bring in. Woods is not old school Dogs. Never will be.

The knights are the perfect team for him.
Its an opinion!

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:55 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:51 am
I doubt Woods being shopped around is even about the money. I'd say it's about the culture the new coach is trying to bring in. Woods is not old school Dogs. Never will be.

The knights are the perfect team for him.
Most West Tigers supporters don't miss him 1 bit.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:56 am

prattenparkchild wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 5:27 pm
God no, don't even think about taking Woods back. HIs performance on the field is ok but not fantastic, I'd rate him as only average. However, his off field performance last year as captain of our team was pathetic and the culture he was so desperate to leave, but a huge part of, has gone, but he should not be given a get out of jail pass and come back. That attitude and performance should not be forgiven.

His culture is no longer WT, he is a dog now, literally and figuratively. Let him and the Bulldogs lie in their bed. Shop him off to ESL.
Not a great comparison. Dogs have loyalty.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:02 am

I reckon we should really look at a few forward pack signings, I think we're alright in the front row, it's the second row we need to look at.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.