Post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 6:15 pm

Manuel Pellegrini and his wife were mugged the other day

Police are looking for these two suspects

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pictures+ ... dc5fcfad99

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:16 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 5:00 pm
Since there is nothing here yet, I figured I'd get in first with some predictions for the upcoming WC

Winners: Germany

Runners Up: Brazil

Dark Horse: Croatia (Semi Finalists)

Flops: Argentina (Round of 16)

Player of the tournament: Luka Modric (CRO)

Top Scorer: Timo Werner (GER)

Young player: Ousmane Dembele (FRA)

Australia: 4 points, group stage exit (2-0 L vs France, 2-1 W vs Peru, 1-1 D vs Denmark, out on goal diff)
Christ I hope Argentina get dicked and drop out in group stage.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:02 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:16 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Since there is nothing here yet, I figured I'd get in first with some predictions for the upcoming WC

Australia: 4 points, group stage exit (2-0 L vs France, 2-1 W vs Peru, 1-1 D vs Denmark, out on goal diff)
I think they have a great squad on paper, yet rely too much on Messi. Without him they still have some incredible attacking options (Aguero, Higuian, Dybala, DI Maria), yet they couldn't buy a win when he wasn't there. I think the last 3 major tournaments they've been in ending in 3 heartbreaking losses will take its toll and they'll struggle here. I think they'll finish second in their group, but it wouldn't shock me if Iceland add them to their list of scalps and turf them out of the group. I think Group D is the most interesting out of the 8, anyone can advance from it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:05 am

Marshall_magic wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:02 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:16 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:

I think they have a great squad on paper, yet rely too much on Messi. Without him they still have some incredible attacking options (Aguero, Higuian, Dybala, DI Maria), yet they couldn't buy a win when he wasn't there. I think the last 3 major tournaments they've been in ending in 3 heartbreaking losses will take its toll and they'll struggle here. I think they'll finish second in their group, but it wouldn't shock me if Iceland add them to their list of scalps and turf them out of the group. I think Group D is the most interesting out of the 8, anyone can advance from it.
I'm surprised everyone is righting off Peru

I won't be surprised if they get a result v France and finish top of the group , we are far more likely to get a win over Denmark than Peru

If you blokes are right about Peru we are at least a 50/50 chance of progressing , a far better chance than I would have given us

Look I wouldn't say we have a "group of death" as such but Argentina , Nigeria and Iceland is pretty tough , especially if Iceland's form holds up Croatia are a different story , wish we had drawn them :lol:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:10 am

Sorry forgot to add , finally the lovefest for Troisi is over , if it's possible easily Australia's most over rated footballer

Got a feeling Luongo could step up for us

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:18 am

Sorry to say but Australia has ZERO chance of getting through....won't even score a goal in the World Cup , hope i'm so wrong but they only just tripped over and Qualified .

2 weeks to go can't wait
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:28 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:18 am
Sorry to say but Australia has ZERO chance of getting through....won't even score a goal in the World Cup , hope i'm so wrong but they only just tripped over and Qualified .

2 weeks to go can't wait
We need a few results to drop our way , but think the French squad is over rated , I'm so upset that Payet didn't recover from injury

My real smoky is Belgium , they are dangerous across the park , if they finish top of their group (sorry Hobbo ) and can get their mental side of the game right they are one side that can beat Brazil

But again , that's their issue , can they put enough games back to back at the right time to win a World Cup ??

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:52 am

Belgium were my surprise packet last time around. Made the quarters and the squad isn't any weaker.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:53 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:10 am
Sorry forgot to add , finally the lovefest for Troisi is over , if it's possible easily Australia's most over rated footballer

I reckon, still can't understand why Kruse was picked though.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:59 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:53 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:10 am

I reckon, still can't understand why Kruse was picked though.
Totally agree , Kruse is barely above Troisi , but I can't see who we could of brought in to replace him if that makes sense

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 9:15 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:52 am
Belgium were my surprise packet last time around. Made the quarters and the squad isn't any weaker.
Mate , what are your thoughts on France I'm amazed they are rated in the Top 4 sides

I reckon we park the bus against them (it will be ugly , real ugly , more exciting watching glue dry ) we can get an 0-0 result

Of course you have to fear Pogba ,Griezmann and Giroud , but if you cancel Pogba out , they have little creativity in their midfield

Our biggest issue is our lack of speed in our backfield (and no recognized class striker ) , so we play a back 5 and rely on the counter

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 9:48 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 9:15 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:52 am
Mate , what are your thoughts on France I'm amazed they are rated in the Top 4 sides

I reckon we park the bus against them (it will be ugly , real ugly , more exciting watching glue dry ) we can get an 0-0 result

Of course you have to fear Pogba ,Griezmann and Giroud , but if you cancel Pogba out , they have little creativity in their midfield

Our biggest issue is our lack of speed in our backfield (and no recognized class striker ) , so we play a back 5 and rely on the counter
Not sure mate. I can't see us getting past them, not sure how they'll fare against Spain, Germany, Brazil...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 10:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:28 am
foreveratiger wrote:

2 weeks to go can't wait
We need a few results to drop our way , but think the French squad is over rated , I'm so upset that Payet didn't recover from injury

My real smoky is Belgium , they are dangerous across the park , if they finish top of their group (sorry Hobbo ) and can get their mental side of the game right they are one side that can beat Brazil

But again , that's their issue , can they put enough games back to back at the right time to win a World Cup ??
France are a good side but come World Cup they seem to crumble when it matters , they'll get through the Group stage but won't get much further . Belgium are a very good bet at 11/1 odds as a smokey .

Uruguay will have a good campaign and will more than likely face Spain or Portugal in the 2nd Round would be an embarrassment if they didn't through there Group stage with Russia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia in there Groups .

Germany will be there despite there recent form....Unbelievable squad.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 11:18 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 10:50 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:28 am
foreveratiger wrote:

2 weeks to go can't wait

France are a good side but come World Cup they seem to crumble when it matters , they'll get through the Group stage but won't get much further . Belgium are a very good bet at 11/1 odds as a smokey .

Uruguay will have a good campaign and will more than likely face Spain or Portugal in the 2nd Round would be an embarrassment if they didn't through there Group stage with Russia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia in there Groups .

Germany will be there despite there recent form....Unbelievable squad.
Spain and Portugal will be tough

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:09 pm

France got it wrong in the selection room. Leaving Martial & Lacazette behind is insanity in my opinion. They have a decent squad with a few absolute studs but I am not sure it'll happen for them.

Belgium I think are a little past it now. I don't mean they are old, moreso, 4 years ago they were the sleeping giant and they haven't really accomplished much since then. They now have half a dozen superstars along with some very good players. That said, after suffering through Martinez at Everton I can't see him doing much there. He has already fallen out with Nainggolan and left him behind which is a big mistake.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:09 pm
France got it wrong in the selection room. Leaving Martial & Lacazette behind is insanity in my opinion. They have a decent squad with a few absolute studs but I am not sure it'll happen for them.

Belgium I think are a little past it now. I don't mean they are old, moreso, 4 years ago they were the sleeping giant and they haven't really accomplished much since then. They now have half a dozen superstars along with some very good players. That said, after suffering through Martinez at Everton I can't see him doing much there. He has already fallen out with Nainggolan and left him behind which is a big mistake.
Martial yes definitely

Lacazette I just don't see it , he was mentioned as a possible WHU recruit and then transfer , so decided to see what we might be missing out on , Arnautovic has been far more impressive the last 30 weeks of the EPL season

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 9:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:

Martial yes definitely

Lacazette I just don't see it , he was mentioned as a possible WHU recruit and then transfer , so decided to see what we might be missing out on , Arnautovic has been far more impressive the last 30 weeks of the EPL season
I don't think Wenger fully trusted Lacazette. Benched him in big games, but he will score goals for France. He provides something different to Giroud too. Arnautovic will impress when he's the best attacking player in a mid table team because they will play to his strengths, rather than try and shoe horn him into a game plan.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 10:40 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 9:39 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:

Martial yes definitely

I don't think Wenger fully trusted Lacazette. Benched him in big games, but he will score goals for France. He provides something different to Giroud too. Arnautovic will impress when he's the best attacking player in a mid table team because they will play to his strengths, rather than try and shoe horn him into a game plan.
Cmon MM don't stick the knife in about being a mid table team :D

2018 -19 Predict 6 comp , you or CB in lads ??

Hobbo reckons the TAB should be paying out on his bet already