Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.
1- Rebuilt and took the Warriors to a Grand Final in 2011.
2-Started the rebuild a Penrith, had the guts to make the hard decisions, e.g. get rid of Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis both beneficiaries of extremely poor cap management.
3-Taught the Tigers how to tackle.
You won’t find one person who will say he isn’t the best thing to happen to this club for at least the last 5 years. That said, it doesn’t make him immune to criticism.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:31 pm

Lol... so i thought we were changing the culture at the club..BUT you now want to recreate another Teflon devoid of criticism

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:32 pm

This is going better than first thought..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:33 pm

Some people like to vent and point out what they see as negatives. They have every right to do that as much as you have every right to keep a sunny disposition. Just learn to roll with it as everyone is different and are going to respond differently to situations. The only thing you can control is you.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:36 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:32 pm
This is going better than first thought..
Even the scarecrow got us to 9th without a salary cap !

Ivan’s clutch is slipping ....its a steep hill I’m afraid and we’re about to hit the glory bound rounds .
Last edited by hobbo on Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:37 pm

Differing opinion is fine as is strong debate. Everyone’s opinion is valid no matter how informed or ill informed we think it is. What I hate are the nasty, personal, hate filled criticisms of our players, coaches etc. As I’ve said before, we are sitting on a couch or in a stand not busting our butts. Tui was terrible today but I’m not going to lower myself to the gutter level and have a go at him personally. He’s definitely a whole lot better than all of us watching.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:37 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:33 pm
Some people like to vent and point out what they see as negatives. They have every right to do that as much as you have every right to keep a sunny disposition. Just learn to roll with it as everyone is different and are going to respond differently to situations. The only thing you can control is you.
Bro I don't have a sunny disposition.
I was taught sometime back, there is no gain without some pain.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:29 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm

Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.
1- Rebuilt and took the Warriors to a Grand Final in 2011.
2-Started the rebuild a Penrith, had the guts to make the hard decisions, e.g. get rid of Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis both beneficiaries of extremely poor cap management.
3-Taught the Tigers how to tackle.
You won’t find one person who will say he isn’t the best thing to happen to this club for at least the last 5 years. That said, it doesn’t make him immune to criticism.
Yep exactly !

willow

Post by willow » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:47 pm

helmesy wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Fact is we are a few players short, missing some class and strike power.

There’s a couple of guys who are stop gaps, hopefully we can recruit well in coming months and improve.
Agree 100% We've got an honest bunch of toilers who give their all, but we are definitely a couple of strike players short. Still missing something in the forward pack, outside backs, maybe the halves - just that ability to turn a game on its head.

I think Cleary is doing everything he can with what he's got to work with ATM.

Bula

Post by Bula » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:58 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:37 pm
Differing opinion is fine as is strong debate. Everyone’s opinion is valid no matter how informed or ill informed we think it is. What I hate are the nasty, personal, hate filled criticisms of our players, coaches etc. As I’ve said before, we are sitting on a couch or in a stand not busting our butts. Tui was terrible today but I’m not going to lower myself to the gutter level and have a go at him personally. He’s definitely a whole lot better than all of us watching.
He is also getting paid more than 99 percent of us to stink it up each week. When you buy in to getting paid big bucks you also buy in to getting criticised.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:13 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Too many years of pain and this season is shaping up to be similar. When’s the gain? Next season? In 5 years? Never? Being positive is great. Being ignorant of blatant faults and flaws is how West’s are where they are.

Today’s game is a big cross against cleary. Lolo has done nothing to support he would of played and different to what he showed us today but was still selected. If this was potter or JT this place would be on fire but somehow CLEARY has earned the right to Avoid criticism cause he did something at another club years ago? Stupid stupid logic.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:19 pm

Bula wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:58 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
He is also getting paid more than 99 percent of us to stink it up each week. When you buy in to getting paid big bucks you also buy in to getting criticised.
Criticism is one thing - bile is another. So easy to pour it on someone who has no recourse
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:22 pm

I don't think there has been anything wrong with the game plans. The team has been in every game.

Ivan put this team together based on the players that were available and wiling. Injuries have played a part and some players are not playing up to expectations. That's footy.

He has said we are a few players short of where we need to be. Most would agree.

Some of those 50/50 calls go our way and a couple of results would be different.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:26 pm

Tigers17 wrote:

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
What a superstar.

You sir are a true supporter indeed.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:27 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:13 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Too many years of pain and this season is shaping up to be similar. When’s the gain? Next season? In 5 years? Never? Being positive is great. Being ignorant of blatant faults and flaws is how West’s are where they are.

Today’s game is a big cross against cleary. Lolo has done nothing to support he would of played and different to what he showed us today but was still selected. If this was potter or JT this place would be on fire but somehow CLEARY has earned the right to Avoid criticism cause he did something at another club years ago? Stupid stupid logic.
Stupid you obviously know the meaning of the word.
It took the Sharks until the 74th minute to put the game away today.
If you can contribute in any way go down to Concord on Tuesday, Ivan a really very approachable.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:29 pm

helmesy wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Fact is we are a few players short, missing some class and strike power.

There’s a couple of guys who are stop gaps, hopefully we can recruit well in coming months and improve.
While you may be right in that we are a few players shorts, the bottom line is the ones we have purchased must actually have a go. Our 2 I international front rowers are playing like reserve graders. There is no excuse for that.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:31 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:26 pm
Tigers17 wrote:

What a superstar.

You sir are a true supporter indeed.
Thanks for the compliment.
Sadly I can't reciprocate in your case.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 6:36 pm

^^^ says it all ^^^

As I suspected, you think youre more a supporter than others here.

Bravo