About time many of you got a life.

Wests Tigers Discussion
kingbrooks

Re: About time many of you got a life.

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 8:46 pm

I dont think the comments are ridiculous. I can cop losing, particularly when the players have a go (And they had a go today).

But I can't cop really braindead selections that are having a huge negative influence on our game. We had a fullback creating a heap in attack four weeks ago.

Had we had a different number 1 today and last week, we potentially win both those games the last two weeks, and yes us apparent "no nothings" on the forum could of predicted this before it happened. We could of won the last two weeks and thats without the fullback doing anything great, thats just with a fullback who can DO the basic things right (EG - Last week - attempt to catch a bomb on last play which cost us 2 valuable points......we could of been kicking for FG at the end!.....then this week, be fast enough to be in position for any one of there 3 tries).

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:04 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:06 pm
True we need to be patient with Lolohea we may need him to kick one from the sideline.
Still looking?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm

I tend to agree with the original poster. The is so much bile on our forum. The constant ‘solution’ is drop this player or that player

Like many have said we are a few key positions short.

I also agree with Ivan selecting Tui. We need to take the pain to be 100% sure he is not going to turn out great.
If you all remember back to Teddy’s first year you will remember the huge threads asking for him to be dropped. That said I am now pretty much at the end of my rope for Tui. The effort is just not there. Teddy sucked at first but the effort was there.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:22 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:04 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:06 pm
True we need to be patient with Lolohea we may need him to kick one from the sideline.
Still looking?
Huh?

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:29 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
tiga4eva wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm
So nobody can have an opinion that’s different to yours. Great post Champ
Different Opinion, couldn't care less.
What irks me is the constant whinging.
Learn to take the good with the bad.
Some people react differently to you. That’s part of life. I don’t think anybody disappointed in our team “need to get a life”

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:36 pm

What a difference a kick can make

If Brooks kick lands in the hands of one of our players and we score then Gallen doesn't catch the ball and pass to Homes who gets a run away try
That's a 10 to 12 point turn around
We lost by 8
A better kick or a bounce of the ball and we win
We are always fighting for 80 minutes
The rewards will come
One thing is for sure
We have earned the respect of all teams without a doubt
Our defence is good
We just need more in attack
It will come

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:47 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm
I tend to agree with the original poster. The is so much bile on our forum. The constant ‘solution’ is drop this player or that player

I also agree with Ivan selecting Tui. We need to take the pain to be 100% sure he is not going to turn out great.

If you all remember back to Teddy’s first year you will remember the huge threads asking for him to be dropped. That said I am now pretty much at the end of my rope for Tui. The effort is just not there. Teddy sucked at first but the effort was there.
Haha I think we can be sure lol

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:58 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:24 pm
Don’t think I can remember a season when the forum has been this devisive. That’s taking into account all the years of Wests v Balmain, JT vs Farah etc. People now put individual players above the team and support them no matter what which creates ridiculous arguments. The forum has lost its mind.
You’re kidding, right?
The division over the last few years regarding Farah and Taylor is a thousand times worse than a few grumbings about Cleary.

Cheffo

Post by Cheffo » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:42 pm

I don’t post on here often, but felt compelled to support Tigers17. The bile and venom that comes from clearly the most ignorant is really quite soul destroying, which is why I limit my input. For example I’m not a fan of Lolohea and a number of other players we have, but what is the point of the scathing personal attacks? I hope like hell the players are banned from coming anywhere near this site as I wouldn’t be motivated to play for so many of you so called “supporters”. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and be able to express disappointment , but I can assure those with the most ignorant and venomous of opinions only serve to damage their own reputations and this forums.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm

Cheffo wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:42 pm
I don’t post on here often, but felt compelled to support Tigers17. The bile and venom that comes from clearly the most ignorant is really quite soul destroying, which is why I limit my input. For example I’m not a fan of Lolohea and a number of other players we have, but what is the point of the scathing personal attacks? I hope like hell the players are banned from coming anywhere near this site as I wouldn’t be motivated to play for so many of you so called “supporters”. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and be able to express disappointment , but I can assure those with the most ignorant and venomous of opinions only serve to damage their own reputations and this forums.
If players feel the need to come on here, and are offended, then they should not be professional athletes. Stop equating them to people like you and I. Criticism comes with the territory in their profession. Do you feel the same way about politicians?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm

This is the era of "instant gratification " and its been showing in this forum for quite a while. Have some patience and enjoy the development as it progresses.
Last edited by Newtown on Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm

Cheffo wrote:
Thank You.
For your thoughtful and intelligent response.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:02 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
Cheffo wrote:
Thank You.
For your thoughtful and intelligent response.
Some form contributers need to vent their frustrations elsewhere. Unfortunately they can't kick their cat because they may be reported to the RSPCA.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:07 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:47 pm
helmesy wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Fact is we are a few players short, missing some class and strike power.

There’s a couple of guys who are stop gaps, hopefully we can recruit well in coming months and improve.
Agree 100% We've got an honest bunch of toilers who give their all, but we are definitely a couple of strike players short. Still missing something in the forward pack, outside backs, maybe the halves - just that ability to turn a game on its head.

I think Cleary is doing everything he can with what he's got to work with ATM.
Correct...loving that the blow outs have stopped and there is some consistency. We’re not far off being a pretty hot team. As you said, just a few players short.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm
Cheffo wrote:
If players feel the need to come on here, and are offended, then they should not be professional athletes. Stop equating them to people like you and I. Criticism comes with the territory in their profession. Do you feel the same way about politicians?
X2

What a pc nerd comment to make Cheffo.
It goes hand in hand with elite sports. Fans are passionate. If you wanna be in the spotlight you better be prepared to deliver or get critiqued on it and at times by people who have never even laced up a boot.

Stay in the basement and turn the wi fi off if you don't like the discussion, take the good with the bad like anything else.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:01 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm
My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
I agree with your sentiment Cleary, Pascoe and the club have done a fantastic job. Your delivery Is poor form. People have opinions, ideas etc that are always part of fan forums and no one is Untouchable from criticism.
People hated Jesus Christ so Pascoe and Cleary are not immune. To suggest so is Infantile as you say.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:34 pm

With what Moses copped here about being a turnstile no wonder he got developed mental issues.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 3:35 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm
Cheffo wrote:
X2

What a pc nerd comment to make Cheffo.
It goes hand in hand with elite sports. Fans are passionate. If you wanna be in the spotlight you better be prepared to deliver or get critiqued on it and at times by people who have never even laced up a boot.

Stay in the basement and turn the wi fi off if you don't like the discussion, take the good with the bad like anything else.
I would be very interested to understand why you believe being a professional athlete removes the need for people to treat you with respect and dignity.

I personally believe pay and success are not measures by which you weigh respect to another person. This goes both ways. Poor people Vs rich people, ordinary people Vs extra ordinary people.

The simplest rule that could apply online is don’t say something behind someone’s back (via a user name) that you wouldn’t say to someone’s face.

If you still want to spill bile then hey what’s left to say