Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

GNR4LIFE

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:23 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:32 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:20 am

Completely missed the point
No I didn’t.
I edited my post above , but it didn’t come up on this post,
It’s in the previous post,
If you are talking about guys like Packer, its a totally different kettle of fish.

Of course it’s different, mainly because his name isn’t Farrah.

So you’d obviously rather have people here who have been, without a doubt , pretty anti social ( to put it VERY kindly) And average players as well
Rather than someone who is outplaying any hooker, ithat we have in this club,
We’ve got plenty of plodders, what we want is some people who can push themselves hard enough to be a winner
It’s different because Packer never tried to sabotage a club. What he did was reprehensible, but he served his time, now has a family and is a University graduate. When a player goes out of his way to do everything he can to throw a club under the bus he is not going to be welcome back to the club. Simples.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am
The media like writing good Robbie Farah stories now. Interesting.
Of course when the jurnos are getting free food and drinks from the manager!

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:51 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:49 am
Whose Farrah?
Fawcett

She was a hottie from the 70's GNR

Didn't think she played league or a hooker at any stage
She played hooker in 'The Substitute Wife'. But that was some time ago. I think we've missed our opportunity.
"Quality Stupidity"

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:46 pm

No to Farah!
Yes to a good hooker.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 1:25 pm

Snake wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am
The media like writing good Robbie Farah stories now. Interesting.
Of course when the jurnos are getting free food and drinks from the manager!
Ha - so that's all it takes. Ill keep that in mind when I read positive stories about other players too.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:29 am

No I didn’t.
I edited my post above , but it didn’t come up on this post,
It’s in the previous post,
If you are talking about guys like Packer, its a totally different kettle of fish.

So you’d obviously rather have people here who have been, without a doubt , pretty anti social ( to put it VERY kindly) And average players as well
We’ve got plenty of plodders, what we want is some people who can push themselves hard enough to be a winner
It’s different because Packer never tried to sabotage a club. What he did was reprehensible, but he served his time, now has a family and is a University graduate. When a player goes out of his way to do everything he can to throw a club under the bus he is not going to be welcome back to the club. Simples.
There was a fair bit of throwing under the bus by both the Club and the so called Coach, and neither of us know all the truth on that, I don’t mind if he tried to continue his contract, it wasn’t his fault that the club was stupid enough to sign him for that amount of time,

I’ve still never seen any legitimate proof that he sabotaged anything and il bet you haven’t either,
He had the right to fight to stay if he wanted to.
I love your selective forgiveness , it’s hilarious that it’s ok for one, but not for another who hasn’t hurt anyone.
Wasn’t there a cloud over Fanua as well,
Don’t worry about it though,

I’d love to see him back
A class hooker is something we can only wish for at the moment .
Maybe he can come back if he gets a university degree, that seems to cancel out some pretty big mistakes

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:24 pm

The point is he got a lot of people's nose out of joint and apparently is not welcome back.

Why do we keep bringing him up. He has NO chance.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:39 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 4:13 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

There was a fair bit of throwing under the bus by both the Club and the so called Coach, and neither of us know all the truth on that, I don’t mind if he tried to continue his contract, it wasn’t his fault that the club was stupid enough to sign him for that amount of time,

I’ve still never seen any legitimate proof that he sabotaged anything and il bet you haven’t either,
He had the right to fight to stay if he wanted to.
I love your selective forgiveness , it’s hilarious that it’s ok for one, but not for another who hasn’t hurt anyone.
Wasn’t there a cloud over Fanua as well,
Don’t worry about it though,

I’d love to see him back
A class hooker is something we can only wish for at the moment .
Maybe he can come back if he gets a university degree, that seems to cancel out some pretty big mistakes
Putting aside all of the above reasons mentioned

When he was our hooker for the last let’s say 5 years.
We where so bad it’s not funny, this year there’s flicker off light to make finals and I’d hate to see it vanish because Farah came back and wanted to do it his way again.

No To Farah
Yes to a good hooker.

Bags71

Post by Bags71 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:30 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
It seems these threads and posts never end.

No, No, No, from me again.

Wouldn't let him within five miles of Liddle.
I’m with you on this one Russell, the simple answer to the question posed is NO!! There you go goldcoasttiger no more drivel as you call it!! IMO :dead

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:16 am

Well thought out Balmainian
Of course you are right.
Allthe crap decisions that the club made ,
all the crap players that we have had to put up with , all the good players that we couldn’t hold on to, all the garbage coaches that we brought into the club .... is Robbie Farah’s fault.
He’s the reason that we were rubbish,,
One of the few players that could be relied on to put 100% effort in every time he ran onto the field
Yeah right, laughable

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:30 am

I am sure Farah would not want to finish his career in controversy. It would be a fairytale ending for Club and Farah to return and hookerise Tigers into the finals - frankly speaking nobody else is going to do it.

The 4 year contract was to smooth out heavy back-ending that was in the Club's interest as perceived at the time.

We learnt two years ago that the Club doesn't really care if they don't make the finals what else is new. If Russell can keep a grudge against Souths, another working class club, for events about 90 years ago he is not the person I would listen to.

I think Liddle already has the smarts he just needs the strong chassis not the crumbling one - the team already has plenty of weak spots or under performers so what we can fix up we should.

If Ariel Sharon could reconcile and give land back to the Palestinians then doing a Two-Step with Farah and the roster to save a season is a very simple operation.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:44 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:30 am
I am sure Farah would not want to finish his career in controversy. It would be a fairytale ending for Club and Farah to return and hookerise Tigers into the finals - frankly speaking nobody else is going to do it.

The 4 year contract was to smooth out heavy back-ending that was in the Club's interest as perceived at the time.

We learnt two years ago that the Club doesn't really care if they don't make the finals what else is new. If Russell can keep a grudge against Souths, another working class club, for events about 90 years ago he is not the person I would listen to.

I think Liddle already has the smarts he just needs the strong chassis not the crumbling one - the team already has plenty of weak spots or under performers so what we can fix up we should.

If Ariel Sharon could reconcile and give land back to the Palestinians then doing a Two-Step with Farah and the roster to save a season is a very simple operation.
Not asking you to listen to me BBF.

There would be no changing your dogmatic view on RF.

Don't get me started on the Palestinians.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 8:52 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:30 am

It could be argued that the comparisons you use are the worst on the Forum

I'm just not sure who would argue , that's all :brick: :brick:

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:30 pm

If it was done on a short term basis, then taking the emotion out of it, you would simply need to ask whether his inclusion would make us a better team this year?

I honestly don't know if he would... he has slowed down a bit at 34, doesn't provide quick service from dummy half, and has a questionable combination with Brooks. On the flip side he has pride in the jersey, and can defend all day. But they are attributes that Elijah Taylor also has.

So his only benefit would come from his smarts around the ruck. Is that enough reason to sign him?

As big a fan of Robbie as i have been over the years, i don't know if he going to be the answer we are looking for in 2018.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:53 pm

I would like to to see Robbie back.

I get why it happened back then. This is now

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm

The thought hasn't even been entertained by Wests Tigers management..for a nanosecond..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 1:03 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
The thought hasn't even been entertained by Wests Tigers management..for a nanosecond..
Yeah sure it hasn’t :roll:

#bringbackfarah
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 12 Jun, 2018 3:16 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 12 Jun, 2018 7:16 am
Well thought out Balmainian
Of course you are right.
Allthe crap decisions that the club made ,
all the crap players that we have had to put up with , all the good players that we couldn’t hold on to, all the garbage coaches that we brought into the club .... is Robbie Farah’s fault.
He’s the reason that we were rubbish,,
One of the few players that could be relied on to put 100% effort in every time he ran onto the field
Yeah right, laughable
yeah .......... right.

In that case lets bring him back and go win a comp ... now that's laughable.
Pretty sure i said for the last five years he was here we went nowhere........Am i wrong mate?