Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

goldcoast tiger

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:03 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:35 pm
Jesus stop whining and enjoy the moment.

One of our best ever is coming back.

This just feels right ffs sit back and enjoy.

And ps he is a mighty fine footballer who bleeds for this club.

He will get one he'll of a cheer at Leichhardt.
Oh.... , but theyre not the real supporters, they're just the people to come to watch the games and actually hope that we will win, , and probably think that , is more likely to occur with someone who can actually play in, arguably, the most important
position in the game :D

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:03 pm

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Life Member Robbie Farah will be returning to the club for the remainder of the 2018 NRL season.

Farah, who has played 247 first-grade games for Wests Tigers, has signed a new playing contract until the end of the current season.

Under the new agreement Farah will begin training with Wests Tigers this week and is eligible for selection for the club's next game against the Gold Coast Titans at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday 1 July.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary welcomed Farah back to the club.

"I look forward to welcoming Robbie back home to Wests Tigers this week," said Cleary.

"Robbie brings a wealth of experience back to the club in a position where we feel we need some additional support at this stage of the season.

"All of my discussions with Robbie have been very positive, he understands the direction that the club is heading in, and how he can help contribute to that," he said.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that Farah fills the club's final roster position for 2018.

"Robbie is a quality player and will bring some valuable experience to our playing group," he said.

"It's important to note that over the last two years this club has undergone significant change and we are building towards something special here.

"We're incredibly proud of the position that the club is in now and look forward to welcoming back a Life Member in Robbie," he said.

Farah's signing along with that of Moses Mbye now fulfils Wests Tigers roster requirements for 2018.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm

Robbie Farah returns to Wests Tigers
Author Wests Tigers Timestamp Wed 20 Jun 2018, 02:59 PM

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Life Member Robbie Farah will be returning to the club for the remainder of the 2018 NRL season.

Farah, who has played 247 first-grade games for Wests Tigers, has signed a new playing contract until the end of the current season.

Under the new agreement Farah will begin training with Wests Tigers this week and is eligible for selection for the club's next game against the Gold Coast Titans at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday 1 July.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary welcomed Farah back to the club.

"I look forward to welcoming Robbie back home to Wests Tigers this week," said Cleary.

"Robbie brings a wealth of experience back to the club in a position where we feel we need some additional support at this stage of the season.

"All of my discussions with Robbie have been very positive, he understands the direction that the club is heading in, and how he can help contribute to that," he said.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that Farah fills the club's final roster position for 2018.

"Robbie is a quality player and will bring some valuable experience to our playing group," he said.

"It's important to note that over the last two years this club has undergone significant change and we are building towards something special here.

"We're incredibly proud of the position that the club is in now and look forward to welcoming back a Life Member in Robbie," he said.

Farah's signing along with that of Moses Mbye now fulfils Wests Tigers roster requirements for 2018.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... ts-tigers/
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:00 pm
All I ask is keep him away from Liddle.
And away from any form of kicking the ball.
Hands only.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:05 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
I can picture you BBF refreshing the Souff's official site every 2 minutes..waiting waiting..
I'm sure he's got a box of tissues at hand ready for either eventuality...
Unfortunately he cannot be two places at once. I would have loved to see him in a GF at Bunnies but also I don't want to see WT become poop and their games unwatchable. So is happy with any eventually. I am in Sydney for weekend approx 15 July if he is at LO BE THERE. I will shout all you mob beers.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:06 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:00 pm
All I ask is keep him away from Liddle.
So Cook doesnt know what hes talking about,
:roll

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:06 pm

For me, its just like when Field, Hoppa and Bwaif played for us. You gotta like him for 80 mins a week and get behind the boys.

Im worried about Cleary now after this.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:07 pm

GEE I REALLY HOPE, all u doubters end up with egg on ur face, because we have been terrible out of dummy half all season and if robbie can give us good service and some go forward then iam all for his return. just remember all attack starts from ur dummy 1/2.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:07 pm

We have a thread already..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:10 pm

I recall reading just recently that the board agreed to let him go on a proposal submitted by JT. And they have agreed that he return at the request of IC.

I commend the board for supporting the decisions of the coaches.

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:14 pm

And the last sentence of the release should also end some other rumours "Farah's signing along with that of Moses Mbye now fulfils Wests Tigers roster requirements for 2018."

As for Farah it's a good move given the options. He no longer holds the power he once did and is no longer captain. He can just get on and play.

Skip

Post by Skip » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:15 pm

Welcome home Robbie, prove the doubters wrong
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:16 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:07 pm
GEE I REALLY HOPE, all u doubters end up with egg on ur face, because we have been terrible out of dummy half all season and if robbie can give us good service and some go forward then iam all for his return. just remember all attack starts from ur dummy 1/2.
He must be doing something right as Cook raves about him and the leadership he has given him. He will do wonders for us moving forward and i think he will play so well he will be playing next year also..

NO more ET as hooker is the best news we have had for weeks

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:17 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Cos that's what's its all about, throwing it in others faces. Not enough satisfaction in winning.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:17 pm

Whatever happens next Sunday and however he plays the aftermath is going to be interesting

Bones

Post by Bones » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:17 pm

Lets just hope he can convince our forwards to get in and do some work instead of the back taking 4 hit ups a set.

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:20 pm

Welcome back mate, rip in and prove the haters wrong.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:17 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Cos that's what's its all about, throwing it in others faces. Not enough satisfaction in winning.
You can’t be serious ?
When Farah was punted you and your cronies never let up one bit !
:lol:
Fairdinkum :roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !