The J(uro) Curve

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5613
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: The J(uro) Curve

Post by sheer64 » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:13 pm

That curve is going down quicker than a glass of scotch at an AA meeting!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!


Tarl
Member
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Tarl » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:56 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:58 pm
Tarl wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 2:48 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 7:27 pm
Thanks again for your efforts Juro. Like you say the byes for a few teams so far this season has impacted the ladder, the Broncos are only keeping us out of the 8 at this point due to them having had a bye already- pretty sure our F/A is better than theirs.
Except that no competition points are given for byes this year, so Broncos are legitimately one win ahead of us.
Wrong both teams have 7 wins the only thing that puts the drongos ahead of us is the bye.Our f/a is superior to theirs.
Fair enough. Just checked the ladder and that looks correct. Although I could have sworn that they said they weren't rewarding points for byes this year. Oh well.

At least that means we have 2 free competition points owed to us.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29368
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 4:00 pm

All teams get 2 points for 1 BYE this year no points for the 2nd BYE as in previous years as all NRL teams don't play rep weekend..so effectively there is only 1 BYE and 25 Rounds instead of 26..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1715
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:34 am

sheer64 wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:13 pm
That curve is going down quicker than a glass of scotch at an AA meeting!
:lol:
That got me good. Thanks.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5498
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:07 am

sheer64 wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:13 pm
That curve is going down quicker than a glass of scotch at an AA meeting!
:roll Nice one!

We Tigers fans should know that better than most.
Q: "And what made you start drinking excessively in the first place?"
A: "Took up supporting the Tigers mate".

They give us a heart attack every week that is for sure.


User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm

Juro curve just dropped off a cliff

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40842
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:04 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm
Juro curve just dropped off a cliff
Juro curve is very used to that Tiger :lol:

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:16 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm
Juro curve just dropped off a cliff
I've only just managed to crawl out from under the bed after Sunday's nightmare. The curve will be updated by Friday. Seems a bit superfluous though, since you already know what it will look like...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:13 am

How painful was it to watch the second half on Sunday? All the hard work of the first month evaporated in 40 minutes of pure bilge. Looking at the curve, it clearly shows the damage caused to our season. 31%...

Image

Key numbers after 15 rounds:
- 0.04% chance of minor premiership (Dragons are 38%, Rabbitohs are 23%, Knights join 5 teams on 0.00%)
- 2% chance of finishing in top 4 (Dragons are 82%, Rabbitohs are 75%, Bulldogs and Cowboys join the Eels on 0.00%)
- 31% chance of finishing in top 8 (Dragons and Rabbitohs are 99%, Eels are 0.5%)
- 11% chance of finishing in bottom 4 (Eels are 89%, Bulldogs are 78%, Dragons and Rabbitohs are 0.00%)
- 0.3% chance of wooden spoon (Eels are 42%, Bulldogs are 24%, 6 teams are on 0.00%)
Last edited by Juro on Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1683
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 1:55 pm

Juro wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:13 am
How painful was it to watch the second half on Sunday? All the hard work of the first month evaporated in 40 minutes of pure bilge. Looking at the curve, it clearly shows the damage caused to our season. 31%...

Image

Key numbers after 15 rounds:
- 0.0% chance of minor premiership (Dragons are 38%, Rabbitohs are 23%, Knights join 5 teams on 0.00%)
- 2% chance of finishing in top 4 (Dragons are 82%, Rabbitohs are 75%, Bulldogs and Cowboys join the Eels on 0.00%)
- 31% chance of finishing in top 8 (Dragons and Rabbitohs are 99%, Eels are 0.5%)
- 11% chance of finishing in bottom 4 (Eels are 89%, Bulldogs are 78%, Dragons and Rabbitohs are 0.00%)
- 0.3% chance of wooden spoon (Eels are 42%, Bulldogs are 24%, 6 teams are on 0.00%)
Love your work. Is it possible to put 2005 in there as a reference? It would be good to compare with our only winning season.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 2:13 pm

mike wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 1:55 pm
Juro wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:13 am
How painful was it to watch the second half on Sunday? All the hard work of the first month evaporated in 40 minutes of pure bilge. Looking at the curve, it clearly shows the damage caused to our season. 31%...

Image

Key numbers after 15 rounds:
- 0.0% chance of minor premiership (Dragons are 38%, Rabbitohs are 23%, Knights join 5 teams on 0.00%)
- 2% chance of finishing in top 4 (Dragons are 82%, Rabbitohs are 75%, Bulldogs and Cowboys join the Eels on 0.00%)
- 31% chance of finishing in top 8 (Dragons and Rabbitohs are 99%, Eels are 0.5%)
- 11% chance of finishing in bottom 4 (Eels are 89%, Bulldogs are 78%, Dragons and Rabbitohs are 0.00%)
- 0.3% chance of wooden spoon (Eels are 42%, Bulldogs are 24%, 6 teams are on 0.00%)
Love your work. Is it possible to put 2005 in there as a reference? It would be good to compare with our only winning season.
Would you believe that we are still ahead of where we were in 2005?
Image
Of course, 26 June (my birthday) was the day that we started our amazing run in 2005. That was also the day that I first joined the Wests Tigers Forum. I still remember listening to that game on the radio, driving home from my parents' house.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1683
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 3:19 pm

Juro wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 2:13 pm
mike wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 1:55 pm
Juro wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:13 am
How painful was it to watch the second half on Sunday? All the hard work of the first month evaporated in 40 minutes of pure bilge. Looking at the curve, it clearly shows the damage caused to our season. 31%...

Image

Key numbers after 15 rounds:
- 0.0% chance of minor premiership (Dragons are 38%, Rabbitohs are 23%, Knights join 5 teams on 0.00%)
- 2% chance of finishing in top 4 (Dragons are 82%, Rabbitohs are 75%, Bulldogs and Cowboys join the Eels on 0.00%)
- 31% chance of finishing in top 8 (Dragons and Rabbitohs are 99%, Eels are 0.5%)
- 11% chance of finishing in bottom 4 (Eels are 89%, Bulldogs are 78%, Dragons and Rabbitohs are 0.00%)
- 0.3% chance of wooden spoon (Eels are 42%, Bulldogs are 24%, 6 teams are on 0.00%)
Love your work. Is it possible to put 2005 in there as a reference? It would be good to compare with our only winning season.
Would you believe that we are still ahead of where we were in 2005?
Image
Of course, 26 June (my birthday) was the day that we started our amazing run in 2005. That was also the day that I first joined the Wests Tigers Forum. I still remember listening to that game on the radio, driving home from my parents' house.
Thanks so much. There is still hope. That’s a pretty special memory.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

voice of reason
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by voice of reason » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 3:33 pm

Image


I hope Ivan hangs that on the wall of the training sheds and Robbie and Benji share a few tales with the rest of the crew.
Suffering supporter since 1967

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1683
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 3:42 pm

voice of reason wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 3:33 pm
Image


I hope Ivan hangs that on the wall of the training sheds and Robbie and Benji share a few tales with the rest of the crew.
I like that idea very much.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 6:25 pm

Surprised that we dropped down so much, knew it would drop but thought we’d be around 40-45%

Hopefully we can repeat 05 and go on a run

User avatar
Tigerstruck
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Tigerstruck » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 7:13 pm

Juro wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 2:13 pm
mike wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 1:55 pm
Juro wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:13 am
How painful was it to watch the second half on Sunday? All the hard work of the first month evaporated in 40 minutes of pure bilge. Looking at the curve, it clearly shows the damage caused to our season. 31%...

Image

Key numbers after 15 rounds:
- 0.0% chance of minor premiership (Dragons are 38%, Rabbitohs are 23%, Knights join 5 teams on 0.00%)
- 2% chance of finishing in top 4 (Dragons are 82%, Rabbitohs are 75%, Bulldogs and Cowboys join the Eels on 0.00%)
- 31% chance of finishing in top 8 (Dragons and Rabbitohs are 99%, Eels are 0.5%)
- 11% chance of finishing in bottom 4 (Eels are 89%, Bulldogs are 78%, Dragons and Rabbitohs are 0.00%)
- 0.3% chance of wooden spoon (Eels are 42%, Bulldogs are 24%, 6 teams are on 0.00%)
Love your work. Is it possible to put 2005 in there as a reference? It would be good to compare with our only winning season.
Would you believe that we are still ahead of where we were in 2005?
Image
Of course, 26 June (my birthday) was the day that we started our amazing run in 2005. That was also the day that I first joined the Wests Tigers Forum. I still remember listening to that game on the radio, driving home from my parents' house.
Love the fact that there is still hope, though can't see a 2005 type performance from this squad. Mbye and Farah will be great injections, but just can;t see it happening.
Also loving the stats Juro, keep it up mate!

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1683
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 6:27 am

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday and have an awesome day.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:43 am

mike wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 6:27 am
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday and have an awesome day.
Thanks Mike. Looking forward to the team list being announced today. Should be an interesting one...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Post Reply