My take on the season

Wests Tigers Discussion
TIGER

My take on the season

Post by TIGER » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:25 pm

Ivan has tried to turn us into a team that grinds and stays in the game then hopefully comes over the top of the opposition at the back end of the game.
It worked early in the season because teams hadn't found their groove yet.

As the season wore on we struggled to keep this style of Footy up and started loosing when it got tight.

Now, when we get behind on the scoreboard our grinding style goes out the window and we start playing impatient footy and push the last pass.

The grinding style doesn't suit us,
It's not working.
Our forward pack can't keep it up for 80mins week after week, they're getting dominated in D and ineffective in attack.

I'm not sure if Ivan knows what to do now, other than keep trying to push on with the same style.
I'd like us to throw caution to the wind now and just start playing attacking football, we've got nothing to lose, we know what will happen if we keep playing the way we have been.

We're simply not good enough!!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:50 pm

We were always going to struggle maintaining the grind. We're down to a 40 minute team now.

The constant spine changes haven't helped either, Grub is made of glass and Liddle just isn't ready physically.

Yeah I don't think going back to the drawing board is going to achieve the same results as the beginning of the year, but today they were panicking in attack, maybe there's no other choice than to just try and defend again?

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:56 pm

I want to see us play like it's 10 all with 3mins to go for the entire 80mins for the rest of the season.
If we keep doing what we've been doing, we'll keep getting the results we've been getting it's that simple.

Something has to change.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:02 pm

Yeah, maybe with another 2 weeks of training with Robbie and Moses they can work on doing something different?

They certainly need to get the fight back in this side, the forwards bar Rowdy, really need to take a good hard look at themselves

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:06 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 5:56 pm
I want to see us play like it's 10 all with 3mins to go for the entire 80mins for the rest of the season.
If we keep doing what we've been doing, we'll keep getting the results we've been getting it's that simple.

Something has to change.
We don’t have the speed or hands to play freestyle footy ...
They tried it today and sucked at it !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:18 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:02 pm
Yeah, maybe with another 2 weeks of training with Robbie and Moses they can work on doing something different?

They certainly need to get the fight back in this side, the forwards bar Rowdy, really need to take a good hard look at themselves
I dont know how you can include Twal in that criticism he and Lawrence are by far our 2 most effective forwards

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:20 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:18 pm
Tigerdave wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:02 pm

I dont know how you can include Twal in that criticism he and Lawrence are by far our 2 most effective forwards
Yeah true, forgot about Twal. The rest though, pretty disappointing

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:21 pm

We have a whole bunch of pea hearted gronks and cotton wool bubble boys locked up with long term deals...

Nothing really exciting off contract at other clubs for us to look at either...

We'll replace Sue for a guy like Lewis Brown and this colossal failure will continue.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:25 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:21 pm
We have a whole bunch of pea hearted gronks and cotton wool bubble boys locked up with long term deals...

Nothing really exciting off contract at other clubs for us to look at either...

We'll replace Sue for a guy like Lewis Brown and this colossal failure will continue.
Sad but true .
We can’t even attract half decent talent from ESL .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:27 pm

I think most people are dissatisfied because we started the season so well and now are falling away I am to but if you compare last season to this season honestly we are in front if we can get another 3 or 4 wins it's great and must build on it for next year but the team won't go forward if it's a game of musical chairs with the spine

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:30 pm

The Queen wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:27 pm
I think most people are dissatisfied because we started the season so well and now are falling away I am to but if you compare last season to this season honestly we are in front if we can get another 3 or 4 wins it's great and must build on it for next year but the team won't go forward if it's a game of musical chairs with the spine
I for one can take a loss but when roster management and recruit is like this it rly grinds my gears.

As mentioned.
Packer and Matulino? Five decent games and they phone the rest in.
McQ? Gosh... This guy... He's garbage.
Mck? Aloiai? Sue? Brahhh.. These guys are state cup peasants.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:33 pm

Its the 2nd half of recent games that have been letting us down
Not sure what Clearly says to them that they let their guard down and make an absolute mess of the game..
Something in the water at half time drinks ?

Post by 851 » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:37 pm

Brooks had his chance to stand up especially in the first half with Farah not running, I am afraid Brooks is not up to it.
Farah started running after halftime and we looked good, Brooks has had 5 years to stand up and he can't do it, get Cleary junior ASAP
Go hard or go home

Post by 851 » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

MWZ is so far off NRL it is not funny, Sue can go too, we have to many reggie players
Go hard or go home

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:41 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:37 pm
Brooks had his chance to stand up especially in the first half with Farah not running, I am afraid Brooks is not up to it.
Farah started running after halftime and we looked good, Brooks has had 5 years to stand up and he can't do it, get Cleary junior ASAP
Even Cleary Jnr would struggle behind this s#%* pack ...

But yeah ... Brooks has peaked imo

He’ll need a few pingers in his drink bottle if he’s to be the next Joey johns
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:42 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm
MWZ is so far off NRL it is not funny, Sue can go too, we have to many reggie players
I can’t stand MWZ .....
I just want to smack him in the mouth

Oxygen thief
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:42 pm
851 wrote:
I can’t stand MWZ .....
I just want to smack him in the mouth

Oxygen thief
Check out his new signature watch collection.... 😂
#Unbeatable

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 6:58 pm

851 wrote:
Makes Kevvy look like a superstar he has been so bad