Kids Footy

patwalker

Re: Kids Footy

Post by patwalker » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 5:34 am

My U6's got flogged on Saturday morning. And it was still one of the best games we've had! The last of our boys scored his first try and the rest of the team all ran up and hugged him like it had just sealed the World cup!! So proud of their sportsmanship!
This boy struggled to catch the ball at the start of the season and would only make one or two hit ups a game. Very quiet, haven't seen him break into a run yet and usually pulls up before he gets to the other kids even though he is one of the tallest on the field. Really starting to get into it the last couple of weeks. My little fella managed four tries as an added bonus!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:56 am

Met Wests & Met Easts made the final and Met Easts won 16-6
Great game and both deserved to be there
The young bloke didn’t have his have his best game in a couple of thegames but he learned a lot by playing at that level
And was stoked that he was awarded the Captaincy for the South Coast team before the carnival,

Five days at home , then off with the South Coast Touch Football
Team for the schools state title at Hervey Bay.
Never gets boring.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:04 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:56 am
The young bloke didn’t have his have his best game in a couple of thegames but he learned a lot by playing at that level
And was stoked that he was awarded the Captaincy for the South Coast team before the carnival,

Two days at home , then off with the South Coast Touch Football
Never gets boring.
What area was Met Easts GCT ??

Back in my day you Brisbane West ,Brisbane North , Brisbane South ,Wide Bay ,Central Qld ,Central West , Darling Downs , North Qld and Peninsula

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:06 pm

I don’t know Brisbane really well, but I think it’d be the area around Coopooroo
They’ve just changed their name fromBrisbane to Met ......East, Wests, South,North.
This is the first year that I’ve been involved in the high School sport, so I’m not too sure whether there was some that didn’t attend the Carnival,but I’d assume that all zones would be there.
Especially as the Qld 12,s team was selected.
Sorry, l forgot “Northern.” Was there,so I suppose that’s the old NQ
It’s hard for some of the Zones now as teams like Easts and Wests have almost their entire school teams in the Rep team and they play together all the time and they’re monsterous,

It’s like that in the opens with Keebra, PB, and Coombabah, on the Coast.but the talent has been spread further in the lower ages.
But that’s going to change after this years Carnival.South Coast is going to have to do the same or drop down from their usual high position, so will others as well,

Because of the size of these kids,the halves and hookers are at a huge disadvantage due to their smaller packs being constantly on the back foot , and the same kids in the average teams are having a free ride.Its not their fault but it means that for the good halves and DHs will have to get themselves into the teams with the big guys to be a chance of State selections
This will disadvantage the the outlying Zones more than others unfortunately.

It will be a mirror image of the opens very soon,
Just a mention of Sunday’s paper, in an interview with Glenn Campbell (Keebra Opens Coach) He Said Keebra has 80 approx. players eligible to play in their Opens team this year, it’s getting crazy,
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:04 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Never gets boring.

Back in my day you Brisbane West ,Brisbane North , Brisbane South ,Wide Bay ,Central Qld ,Central West , Darling Downs , North Qld and Peninsula

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Never gets boring.

Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Never gets boring.

Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:33 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:06 pm
I don’t know Brisbane really well, but I think it’d be the area around Coopooroo
They’ve just changed their name fromBrisbane to Met east, etc
There was no North Qld I think that they are covered by Capricornia now, This is the first year that I’ve been involved in the high School sport, so I’m not too sure whether there was some that didn’t attend the Carnival,but I’d assume that all zones would be there.
Sorry, l forgot there was a team called just. “Northern.”
I’d think that they were NQ,
OK Cooparoo from memory was Brisbane North back in the day , and yes Capricornia and Central were two separate areas

Central was Mackay to Townsville and western country areas , Peninsula was Cairns and above

Yeah I knew the Under 12 carnival was 1st weekend of the school holidays same as the Under 11 Laurie Spina Cup in Townsville

Then the last weekend of the school holidays they have the Jason Hetherington cup in Gladstone which is Under 12 clubs challenge

Can't remember any sides from the GC in the years we were involved , few clubs from Brisbane ,Ipswich , Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba and from Rocky ,Mackay ,Townville ,Cairns and Central Highlands

Couldn't believe they had scouts there , one fella who was watching one of our Under 11 boys (absolute beast ) was telling who the state players were etc .

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:33 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
There was no North Qld I think that they are covered by Capricornia now, This is the first year that I’ve been involved in the high School sport, so I’m not too sure whether there was some that didn’t attend the Carnival,but I’d assume that all zones would be there.
OK Cooparoo from memory was Brisbane North back in the day , and yes Capricornia and Central were two separate areas

Central was Mackay to Townsville and western country areas , Peninsula was Cairns and above

Yeah I knew the Under 12 carnival was 1st weekend of the school holidays same as the Under 11 Laurie Spina Cup in Townsville

Then the last weekend of the school holidays they have the Jason Hetherington cup in Gladstone which is Under 12 clubs challenge

Can't remember any sides from the GC in the years we were involved , few clubs from Brisbane ,Ipswich , Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba and from Rocky ,Mackay ,Townville ,Cairns and Central Highlands

Couldn't believe they had scouts there , one fella who was watching one of our Under 11 boys (absolute beast ) was telling who the state players were etc .
My son was in the South Coast team at the same time as Cory Parker , and I think that it was SC for a while before that.i
don’t think that SC do a lot of carnivals up northexcept when the State selections are up there
I think the 11s last year was at Rockhampton

Yeah, there was a few scouts at the 12s last week, and there was a few conversations with parents going on
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 06 Jul, 2018 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:09 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:33 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:

My son was in the South Coast team at the same time as Cory Parker ,(he was in a Bris.team) and I think that it was SC for a while before that.i
don’t think that SC do a lot of carnivals up northexcept when the State selections are up there
I think the 11s last year was at Rockhampton

Yeah, there was a few scouts at the 12s last week, and there was a few conversations with parents going on
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 06 Jul, 2018 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 5:07 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
They’ve just changed their name fromBrisbane to Met ......East, Wests, South,North.
This is the first year that I’ve been involved in the high School sport, so I’m not too sure whether there was some that didn’t attend the Carnival,but I’d assume that all zones would be there.
Sorry, l forgot “Northern.” Was there,so I suppose that’s the old NQ
It’s hard for some of the Zones now as teams like Easts and Wests have almost their entire school teams in the Rep team and they play together all the time and they’re monsterous,

It’s like that in the opens with Keebra, PB, and Coombabah, on the Coast.but the talent has been spread further in the lower ages.
But that’s going to change after this years Carnival.South Coast is going to have to do the same or drop down from their usual high position, so will others as well,

Because of the size of these kids,the halves and hookers are at a huge disadvantage due to their smaller packs being constantly on the back foot , and the same kids in the average teams are having a free ride.Its not their fault but it means that for the good halves and DHs will have to get themselves into the teams with the big guys to be a chance of State selections
This will disadvantage the the outlying Zones more than others unfortunately.

It will be a mirror image of the opens very soon,
Just a mention of Sunday’s paper, in an interview with Glenn Campbell (Keebra Opens Coach) He Said Keebra has 80 approx. players eligible to play in their Opens team this year, it’s getting crazy,
How do they pass the ball with that height difference

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm

Up at Challenge Cup , boys got off to a great start with the mastercoach winning 3/4 and only just getting beaten by last years champs by 6

They've 2/4 today and have finished equal 3rd in their group , will play off for a Top 12 finish

My daughters Netball side won 5 straight until losing in a tough game and won the next two games in real tight ones

Actually finished 2nd in their group and playing off for a Top 5 spot tomorrow , considering 3 out the 10 girls have never played netball before yesterday an unbelievable effort

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 6:54 pm

Boys got 13th after winning both games today

Girls got 8th after being beaten by one point in both matches

Team that beat the girls ended up winning the Cup itself

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 1:10 pm

Was up your way yesterday Doc.
The H/Vale 12s were back to full strength after all Reps Back and had a great first half, and ended up around 35 nil,
No longer undefeated as they lost by 2 points to Coomera while the boys were away. They really wanted that win yesterday so they retain the lead, as the same boys will be out of the first Semi while the state touch carnival is on.,
Geez Doc , you guys have got a decent no of kids at Ormeau now,
I haven’t been to a game there for years, looks like the club is going well,

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Jul, 2018 8:59 pm

We managed to snatch another defeat from the jaws of victory

1st half we made the WT's 1st half look like the Storm , down 14 -0

Then we worked out they liked to run hard but didn't want to defend and scored 3 quick tries to lead 16-14 with about 5 to go

Happy doesn't often snap but did today , about 2 minutes to go , we have a scrum feed 30 out from our line

Team goes wide from the scrum , drops it and 3 tackles later Wallaby's score

I don't think I'm going to get a Xmas card from our trainer .......

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 1:01 pm

Helensvale 12As had a good win on Saturdayand we were back to nearly full strength again, and beat Nerang 26-6.
The only problem is that the G/son had two school games last Wed. , and , In the first ,had a ball hit him on the thumb,
As he didn’t think much about it , and their main game was Keebra, an hour later, so he said it was ok , so he played.
it turns out that it was broken at the base,
The only consolation was that they Wacked Keebra!
So, he’s now out of the last two two Saturday games, and possibly the South Coast team at the Qld Touch State trials with the other Rep kids from our side,
It’s a juggling act at this time of the year with RL, Touch,And Oztag all having State selections , or finals around the same weeks,

Luckily the Touch carnival is ( I think,) Mitchell in Bris. So they know that on Day one, they have the first game, and can most likely get back to the Coast for the RL finals,
I’m going up on Thursday to watch his high,school team play
Keebra (again) and he’s not happy about missing that one

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:41 pm

Boys played there knockout semi final tonight and absolutely poleaxed Tannum Sands 54-4

Bad news as the game was held up according to the Mrs for a bad broken leg for one of the opposition players for 45 minutes

Well and there was more bad news , the undefeated Premiers from 2017 had their halfback genius playing touch footy this weekend and lost their 1st game to the side that pipped us last week for 2nd 28-10

We could have quite easily have qualified for a GF if not for last week's brain fart

Oh well , we had to beat them at some stage , semi final will be just as nice as a GF

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 6:22 pm

The u12 boys had a good win in their last round game against Nerang 2 side,22-12
And saved themselves from the problem of possibly having to play again without their Rep players again.
They now have next weekend free, as the Minor Premiers.
It also means the young bloke will probably have the cast off by the following week, and will be ok to play in the rest of the finals , if we keep going.,
The school will be happy as well as they will have their no6 back for their last few games
It’s been a long season, but he’s loved it