New forwards needed for 2019

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5618
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Re: New forwards needed for 2019

Post by Newtown » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 6:02 pm

Wests Tigers are certainly short on the intimidation factor and all of our oppositions thrive on it. The last intimidator we had was Gareth Ellis. This year we thought we struck the jackpot with Packer but now we know the unpalatable outcome of that purchase. We desperately need a genuine intimidator. Even someone like Dylan Napa would be accepted with open arms


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
How is the best Half arguably ever going at controlling the game this year behind a pack of plodders...?
The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure

No but the coach might. Its happening way way too often to be poor play. More like instruction to run it on the last if within 10 of the tryline
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29351
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
How is the best Half arguably ever going at controlling the game this year behind a pack of plodders...?
The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure

No but the coach might. Its happening way way too often to be poor play. More like instruction to run it on the last if within 10 of the tryline
Roosters and Storm do it a lot... other teams though not as much as well...rather than the risk of giving up a 2nd tackle set..but what would they know..better to turn the ball over and have the opposition tough it out ...

Once it was an obvious play..the second time it was the wrong option as he tried to use his speed to get on the outside of the centre.. but a kick would have been better
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 10:52 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
How is the best Half arguably ever going at controlling the game this year behind a pack of plodders...?
The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure

No but the coach might. Its happening way way too often to be poor play. More like instruction to run it on the last if within 10 of the tryline
Roosters and Storm do it a lot... other teams though not as much as well...rather than the risk of giving up a 2nd tackle set..but what would they know..better to turn the ball over and have the opposition tough it out ...

Once it was an obvious play..the second time it was the wrong option as he tried to use his speed to get on the outside of the centre.. but a kick would have been better

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 11:05 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 6:02 pm
Wests Tigers are certainly short on the intimidation factor and all of our oppositions thrive on it. The last intimidator we had was Gareth Ellis. This year we thought we struck the jackpot with Packer but now we know the unpalatable outcome of that purchase. We desperately need a genuine intimidator. Even someone like Dylan Napa would be accepted with open arms
No intimidation. Rubbish teams are s*** scared of Taylor.

They are afraid they are going to send him to the HIA again.

Poor guys is struggling this year. Makes plenty of tackles but no go forward, looks lost out there sometimes too. If we keep him I think it should be for depth.

Packer needs come off the bench, we need a starting prop.


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
How is the best Half arguably ever going at controlling the game this year behind a pack of plodders...?
The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure

No but the coach might. Its happening way way too often to be poor play. More like instruction to run it on the last if within 10 of the tryline
Roosters and Storm do it a lot... other teams though not as much as well...rather than the risk of giving up a 2nd tackle set..but what would they know..better to turn the ball over and have the opposition tough it out ...

Once it was an obvious play..the second time it was the wrong option as he tried to use his speed to get on the outside of the centre.. but a kick would have been better
There was a third in the game, wasnt Brooks but another player. All seem to result in the opposition being pinned in a corner on the first.

Not a fan of it myself if its a tactic.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm

Having watched the last two debacles, it seems that our confidence is shot to bits. Firstly we need to hold the ball and not kick on the 3rd and 4th tackles; we need to keep the ball in hand and just can't afford to give the opposition free tackles. Secondly, it would help a great deal if our forwards played with a bit of depth instead of trying to get some momentum going over 3 or 4 metres. Run on to the ball boys!

It's very much like watching schoolboys when they are being beaten; they all seem to huddle together. As Frank Hyde used to say, :Ahhhh, you could throw a blanket over them!"

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:06 am

Hipgrave &' Terapo will do to start with , Hpgrave brings aggression , both play hard

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:37 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:06 am
Hipgrave &' Terapo will do to start with , Hpgrave brings aggression , both play hard
Hipgrave is staying with the Titans. Terapo averages 104 meters from a average of 10 hit ups a game and has a tackle efficiency of 93%.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 7:50 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:07 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:24 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am


The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure

No but the coach might. Its happening way way too often to be poor play. More like instruction to run it on the last if within 10 of the tryline
Roosters and Storm do it a lot... other teams though not as much as well...rather than the risk of giving up a 2nd tackle set..but what would they know..better to turn the ball over and have the opposition tough it out ...

Once it was an obvious play..the second time it was the wrong option as he tried to use his speed to get on the outside of the centre.. but a kick would have been better
There was a third in the game, wasnt Brooks but another player. All seem to result in the opposition being pinned in a corner on the first.

Not a fan of it myself if its a tactic.

It would be negligent to say to your half dont worry about kicking for repeat set just run it and get tackled

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:52 am

Maybe Warren has collared this guy

Ofahiki Ogden
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/inde ... es.110156/

do we have any his size coming through?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:59 am

Klemmer , stated , he wants to stay a Bulldog but would leave to help them out , Worth throwing some cash at and try getting him out of there

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 10:09 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 9:59 am
Klemmer , stated , he wants to stay a Bulldog but would leave to help them out , Worth throwing some cash at and try getting him out of there
Klemmer is a goer but does he make enough impact.? He would be on top dollar whereas if we score an active up and coming youngster like I have mentioned in earlier post we can save some money to compensate for some paying overs.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 3:32 pm

Klemmer is a current SOO player and far better than anyone we can field. If there was any chance of getting him here, which I strongly doubt, I'd say go for it.

User avatar
dazza65
Member
Member
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by dazza65 » Fri 06 Jul, 2018 5:14 pm

this
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Post Reply