NC worth a Million

Nathan Cleary Poll

Yes - Answer to our Problems at any cost
51
42%
No - Over rated for the Price
71
58%
 
Total votes: 122

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Re: NC worth a Million

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:21 pm

With the cap increasing a decent halfback will be worth $1millon per year. He will be a superstar in the future. Let’s not forget the kid came back from a knee injury and played 3 games of origin. We might not have won the series if it wasn’t for his try saving tackles. He has composure , a fantastic kicking game, can defend, can kick goals, what more do you want from a half. He will win a premiership wherever he goes.


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5669
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:25 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:21 pm
With the cap increasing a decent halfback will be worth $1millon per year. He will be a superstar in the future. Let’s not forget the kid came back from a knee injury and played 3 games of origin. We might not have won the series if it wasn’t for his try saving tackles. He has composure , a fantastic kicking game, can defend, can kick goals, what more do you want from a half. He will win a premiership wherever he goes.
That's what Parramatta thought about Moses.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5640
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:28 pm

Well we wont have to worry unless we are merged with the Broncos
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:46 pm

Newtown wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:25 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:21 pm
With the cap increasing a decent halfback will be worth $1millon per year. He will be a superstar in the future. Let’s not forget the kid came back from a knee injury and played 3 games of origin. We might not have won the series if it wasn’t for his try saving tackles. He has composure , a fantastic kicking game, can defend, can kick goals, what more do you want from a half. He will win a premiership wherever he goes.
That's what Parramatta thought about Moses.
Moses can’t tackle or kick, has no composure and is a brat.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22678
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm

No way. You would at least want a halfback to have a won a premiership before throwing that kind of money his way. Besides, he is not a necessity. We need to spend money on forwards, not a halfback.


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:10 pm

I think that NC is the type of player that you can build a club around, and could help attract some more class players to the club.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:20 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:57 am
unpopular opinion

signing a quality outside back i.e Latrell Mitchell or a power forward i.e Fischer-Harris would make us a better team then signing Nathan Cleary would
No I totally agree! I think Brooks showed enough behind a great pack going forward early on the season before the wheels fell off. I'd be happy to keep him at half if we could add players of the calibre that you mention.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18169
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:31 pm

Need dominant forwards, a quality second rower to partner Rowdy and quality centres before we start looking at the halves.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2990
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:43 pm

He isn't worth 1 mil at this stage in his career but most likely will be in 2 years but 2 years is a long time in footy. I doubt our offer will be that much we will probably match the Panthers and they wont offer that much.

Lets have a look at zero tackle at some players around 1 mil per season either this season or next. Personally I would say 600-750k.

DCE 1.3M
HUNT 1.2M
SMITH 1.1M
JACK BIRD 1M
CRICHTON 1M
CRONK 1M
SJ 1M
MILFORD 1M
MORGAN 1M
PEARCE 1M
TAUMALOLO 1M
ASH TAYLOR 1M
MOYLAN 900K
BILLY SLATER 900K
TOM TURBO 900K
SJ 900K
HOLMES 850K

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league ... d-players/

bbobb
Member
Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by bbobb » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:52 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 3:34 pm
TopTiger wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 3:30 pm
Sign him and others will follow.
How I view it too.
I think he’ll be advised not to come here unless we have the forwards for him to play behind effectively. He would be impacting his own value otherwise.

I suspect that a Packer and Mats were part of this plan and while their form has been down of late, I just can’t help but think that they are both carrying injuries and they’re being nursed through the season.

We still need another couple of high impact forwards though for any half to shine.

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:56 pm

weststigerman wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 3:56 pm
If we signed him 1 mil at let Brooks go, we'd be losing about 300k in our salary cap (I'm expecting Brooks to ask for at least 700k).

We'll also have a number of players coming off contract end of 2019 so we should have room to move for a couple of top forwards, especially if we somehow manage to sign NC early as it will entice others to join.
We must be a good chance of landing Klemmer.Surely.Long been linked with us and now that we have Reynolds and Mbye here and if NC does come to Wests well then Klemmer should fall in our laps.

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 7:19 pm

Definitely sign him. If he goes elsewhere, other players will won't come to us either. They will think poorly of us because the perception will be that our own coach advised his own son to play elsewhere...

If that happens, we'd better drop IC as coach because we will have no chance.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 7:45 pm

NC is overrated. Maloney is the man you want. Wins premierships
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm
No way. You would at least want a halfback to have a won a premiership before throwing that kind of money his way. Besides, he is not a necessity. We need to spend money on forwards, not a halfback.
Then you would have a bunch of sheep and no shepherd.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5170
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:08 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:43 pm
He isn't worth 1 mil at this stage in his career but most likely will be in 2 years but 2 years is a long time in footy. I doubt our offer will be that much we will probably match the Panthers and they wont offer that much.

Lets have a look at zero tackle at some players around 1 mil per season either this season or next. Personally I would say 600-750k.

DCE 1.3M
HUNT 1.2M
SMITH 1.1M
JACK BIRD 1M
CRICHTON 1M
CRONK 1M
SJ 1M
MILFORD 1M
MORGAN 1M
PEARCE 1M
TAUMALOLO 1M
ASH TAYLOR 1M
MOYLAN 900K
BILLY SLATER 900K
TOM TURBO 900K
SJ 900K
HOLMES 850K

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league ... d-players/
Well if Milford IM, Pearce 1M, Bird 1M, Moylan 900K and SJ IM and 900K are worth that money then Cleary is a bargain at 1M.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22678
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:32 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm
No way. You would at least want a halfback to have a won a premiership before throwing that kind of money his way. Besides, he is not a necessity. We need to spend money on forwards, not a halfback.
Then you would have a bunch of sheep and no shepherd.
A shepherd without sheep is of no more use.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2624
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:32 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm
No way. You would at least want a halfback to have a won a premiership before throwing that kind of money his way. Besides, he is not a necessity. We need to spend money on forwards, not a halfback.
Then you would have a bunch of sheep and no shepherd.
A shepherd without sheep is of no more use.
I'll be your shepherd.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10171
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 9:01 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:34 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:32 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 8:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm
No way. You would at least want a halfback to have a won a premiership before throwing that kind of money his way. Besides, he is not a necessity. We need to spend money on forwards, not a halfback.
Then you would have a bunch of sheep and no shepherd.
A shepherd without sheep is of no more use.
I'll be your shepherd.
Little bo peep !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Post Reply