Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by formerguest » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:50 pm

Listening up the post sounded familiar, but failed to tell us plebs we have a genius amongst us.
Last edited by formerguest on Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:53 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:40 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 9:45 pm
Does anyone really want our club paying 300-350k for him to play somewhere else? I thought we weren’t going to do that anymore.
We don't have to pay anything if McQueen asks for a release..
That old chestnut!!!
Listen up, it's not brain surgery.

If a player requests a release from his contract, a club can refuse his request and continue to pay said player.

If the club grants his request the players contract is null and void ie there is no longer a contract.

Therefore as there is no contract between the club and the player there is no obligation to pay said player any money.

Get it?

:brick: :brick:
Your right.
And the player needs to be released from his current contract before he can sign a new one.
So why do clubs still end up paying money for said player even after they have signed a NEW contract?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:53 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Geo. wrote:

That old chestnut!!!

If a player requests a release from his contract, a club can refuse his request and continue to pay said player.

If the club grants his request the players contract is null and void ie there is no longer a contract.

Therefore as there is no contract between the club and the player there is no obligation to pay said player any money.

Get it?

Your right.
And the player needs to be released from his current contract before he can sign a new one.
So why do clubs still end up paying money for said player even after they have signed a NEW contract?
Someone just doesn't seem to get it, but it's not rocket science :)
Last edited by formerguest on Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm

Needaname wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Geo. wrote:

That old chestnut!!!

Get it?

Your right.
If club try's to offload the player and the buying club isn't willing to match or exceed the existing contract then the selling club has to pay the difference. Of course subject to the player wanting to go and the NRL registering the agreement.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 12:04 am

Some bloke in reserve grade who looked ok a few years ago.
Why am I not excited?

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 12:25 am

TCL wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
Needaname wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Needaname wrote:

That old chestnut!!!

Get it?

Your right.
If club try's to offload the player and the buying club isn't willing to match or exceed the existing contract then the selling club has to pay the difference. Of course subject to the player wanting to go and the NRL registering the agreement.
Ah, but my point not in regards to moving a player on but when a player looks to move on.
Like Adam Blair with us.
If the process that takes place is for the player to approach the club seeking a release and the club granting it thus ends the current contract with the club.
Why should it matter where or how the player is going to the next club?

His current contract is finished.

Why would any club agree to pay any money once they have already closed the contract.

The process contradicts itself.
The player leaving obviously has something lined up or in the Panthers and Sharks case, the clubs obviously have something lined up.
So why does an official release from the current contract need to be granted? Why can’t a contract be transferred to the new club removing the amount from the old clubs cap and adding it onto the new clubs cap?

And why did we pay part of Blair’s salary for 2 years????

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 4:54 am

We probably still paying Bryce Gibbs.. :lol:

I think Col was also asleep when Robbie Farah went to Souff's..

I'll could use lay off the Cool Aid chestnut and I will..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 6:29 am

payout may not be a problem as I’ve heard Toronto or England are possibilities but there is still plenty of football this year (he’s not yet off the bus this is from someone related to him)

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:12 am

The fact that McQueen is even mentioned as moving on is a positive. We are clearly looking at moving on the prices that no longer fit.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:25 am

Needaname wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 12:25 am
TCL wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
Needaname wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Get it?

Your right.
Ah, but my point not in regards to moving a player on but when a player looks to move on.
Like Adam Blair with us.
If the process that takes place is for the player to approach the club seeking a release and the club granting it thus ends the current contract with the club.
Why should it matter where or how the player is going to the next club?

His current contract is finished.

Why would any club agree to pay any money once they have already closed the contract.

The process contradicts itself.
The player leaving obviously has something lined up or in the Panthers and Sharks case, the clubs obviously have something lined up.
So why does an official release from the current contract need to be granted? Why can’t a contract be transferred to the new club removing the amount from the old clubs cap and adding it onto the new clubs cap?

And why did we pay part of Blair’s salary for 2 years????
If a player wants to leave a club, the player has to ask for a release from his contract. If the club agrees the contract is terminated by both consenting parties and no sums are owed.

Now that's not to say that in all cases it works out that simply but, that is the baseline.

Given that many of us are not privy to the contract terms between player/club and the subsequent termination agreement its hard to say what the real outcome is or will be for any given player or club.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:55 am

He hasn’t been asked to leave & still may not it is his manager exploring his options it is not uncommon, the Jack Bird situation is nearly the same except Newcastle are ready to go all in on him hence why they are willing to shop Watson around.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:57 am

Maybe just maybe this whole McQueen thing is a beat up because he isnt getting a lot of game time and is a bit out of favour.

Sounds like one of those join the dots rumours
Its an opinion!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:21 am

Jack Hetherington at Penrith looks a decent prospect and they're pretty deep on forwards with RCG, Tamou, Merrin, Leota, Yeo, Kikau, Fisher-Harris, Harawira-Naera etc. Hetherington looks like he's off contract at the end of the year. 6 offloads over the last 2 weeks along with 4 tackle breaks (which is alright for a prop). 12 runs for 149m against the Warriors and 8 runs for 95m against the Sharks for an average/run of 12.2 metres (and that's without any line breaks and only 2 kick returns).

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:31 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 am
OFF CONTRACT 2018
Robbie Farah - should be resigned for another year, mentor Liddle however hopefully we sign Lichaa or Segyaro as well as I don't believe Liddle has the steel to become a first grader. Hope I'm wrong.

Heath Gibbs - Gone. Homesick and returned to Newcastle. Hasn't been publicised though. Small contract $ wise anyway.

Pita Godinet - Garbage player. Should not be resigned under any circumstance. Offers nothing. He can go to super league or play park footy elsewhere. We don't want him and we don't need him.

Benji Marshall - Ball is in his court... He might not wanna play another year. Has a young family so has prioritises elsewhere and could pursue a media career, very likeable personality and a tigers legend.

Sam MCINTYRE - Haven't seen enough. Development player. Not sure if he's worth keeping. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thomas Mikaele - NSW cup contract for sure. Worth developing further. Showed more than JJ felise.

Dylan Smith - NSW cup contract should be offered. Not a super star but worth keeping around for cup.

Sauaso Sue - I'd keep him for state cup but he's very average. If he can get a good deal elsewhere he should take it. Not a first grader and shouldn't see any game time going further for mine.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak - gone. No big deal.
McIntyre and Mikaele are in the top squad for next year, Smith still here on development

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:45 am

fergiefurr wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:31 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 am
OFF CONTRACT 2018
Robbie Farah - should be resigned for another year, mentor Liddle however hopefully we sign Lichaa or Segyaro as well as I don't believe Liddle has the steel to become a first grader. Hope I'm wrong.

Heath Gibbs - Gone. Homesick and returned to Newcastle. Hasn't been publicised though. Small contract $ wise anyway.

Pita Godinet - Garbage player. Should not be resigned under any circumstance. Offers nothing. He can go to super league or play park footy elsewhere. We don't want him and we don't need him.

Benji Marshall - Ball is in his court... He might not wanna play another year. Has a young family so has prioritises elsewhere and could pursue a media career, very likeable personality and a tigers legend.

Sam MCINTYRE - Haven't seen enough. Development player. Not sure if he's worth keeping. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thomas Mikaele - NSW cup contract for sure. Worth developing further. Showed more than JJ felise.

Dylan Smith - NSW cup contract should be offered. Not a super star but worth keeping around for cup.

Sauaso Sue - I'd keep him for state cup but he's very average. If he can get a good deal elsewhere he should take it. Not a first grader and shouldn't see any game time going further for mine.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak - gone. No big deal.
McIntyre and Mikaele are in the top squad for next year, Smith still here on development
I read somewhere that if a team has development players for 2 years or more, than when they join the top 30 squad for that team, they are discounted. If that's true, wouldn't mind them having another year as a development player (unless they are ready for first grade and/or may be snapped up elsewhere, in that case promote them definitely)
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Post by 851 » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:27 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 4:54 am
We probably still paying Bryce Gibbs.. :lol:

I think Col was also asleep when Robbie Farah went to Souff's..

I'll could use lay off the Cool Aid chestnut and I will..
Farah was driven out by the idiot coach, he wanted to stay, Siro, Brown and Takarangi were also paid for by us because of the same said coach. If those deals were done properly the players would not have cost us anything.
Cleary is way smarter than JT, so he will get us a swap or no cost to club deals for our players.
Go hard or go home

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:55 am

Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:48 pm
There is risk. It doesn’t sound like his able to do enough to get back into the squad.
The question is with both players yet to again play to their potential.
What does the squad need more for next year?
A worker backrower, impact not their strongest suit, defends and can run lines well
Or
A very skilful ball playing prop whom probably isn’t the fittest or toughest going around.
We are not getting a line busting impact player from either.
What I'll say to that is - McQueen is here now, has been through the system for a year and not produced much to be excited about.

Latu hasn't been here at all, so we can only speculate how he might go in the Tigers system. Some might say better the devil you know, but I think we are seeing the max output from McQueen and it's average without being horrible. I'd rather a transfer and testing luck on someone new.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:11 am

Clearly McQueen isn't in the mix for a regular starting 17 spot at the moment. Another off season may see him regain some of his mojo but I don't think he'd be missed to be honest. Let him go if he can find another gig.
He's on pretty decent coin for a guy who doesn't really look to be threatening to break into the top grade.