Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Needaname

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Needaname » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:51 am

TCL wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:25 am
Needaname wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 12:25 am
TCL wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:53 pm

Your right.
And the player needs to be released from his current contract before he can sign a new one.
So why do clubs still end up paying money for said player even after they have signed a NEW contract?
If club try's to offload the player and the buying club isn't willing to match or exceed the existing contract then the selling club has to pay the difference. Of course subject to the player wanting to go and the NRL registering the agreement.
Ah, but my point not in regards to moving a player on but when a player looks to move on.
Like Adam Blair with us.
If the process that takes place is for the player to approach the club seeking a release and the club granting it thus ends the current contract with the club.
Why should it matter where or how the player is going to the next club?

His current contract is finished.

Why would any club agree to pay any money once they have already closed the contract.

The process contradicts itself.
The player leaving obviously has something lined up or in the Panthers and Sharks case, the clubs obviously have something lined up.
So why does an official release from the current contract need to be granted? Why can’t a contract be transferred to the new club removing the amount from the old clubs cap and adding it onto the new clubs cap?

And why did we pay part of Blair’s salary for 2 years????
If a player wants to leave a club, the player has to ask for a release from his contract. If the club agrees the contract is terminated by both consenting parties and no sums are owed.

Now that's not to say that in all cases it works out that simply but, that is the baseline.

Given that many of us are not privy to the contract terms between player/club and the subsequent termination agreement its hard to say what the real outcome is or will be for any given player or club.
Ain’t that the truth.
I’ve lost track on who we would be talking about in this instance.
If it’s in regards to Tui, I’m pretty sure 200,000 pound would be more than his current contract so you’d think we’ll be relived of his salary in the upcoming year caps?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:53 am

851 wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:27 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 4:54 am
We probably still paying Bryce Gibbs.. :lol:

I think Col was also asleep when Robbie Farah went to Souff's..

I'll could use lay off the Cool Aid chestnut and I will..
Farah was driven out by the idiot coach, he wanted to stay, Siro, Brown and Takarangi were also paid for by us because of the same said coach. If those deals were done properly the players would not have cost us anything.
Cleary is way smarter than JT, so he will get us a swap or no cost to club deals for our players.
but but they asked for a release...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 6:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:04 pm
Hearing player swap for Leilani Latu who Cleary signed for Penrith in 2014 currently playing Q Cup and can’t get into the pack rotation at the Titans.
Player swap for Bryce Cartwright

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:28 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:40 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 9:45 pm
Does anyone really want our club paying 300-350k for him to play somewhere else? I thought we weren’t going to do that anymore.
We don't have to pay anything if McQueen asks for a release..
That old chestnut!!!
Listen up, it's not brain surgery.

If a player requests a release from his contract, a club can refuse his request and continue to pay said player.

If the club grants his request the players contract is null and void ie there is no longer a contract.

Therefore as there is no contract between the club and the player there is no obligation to pay said player any money.

Get it?

:brick: :brick:
Thank you for your pearls of wisdom Col.

However, you did gloss over one important detail. Would the Titans be willing to pay full price, or would they rather Wests cough up some coin over the next 2 years. It depends on how keen Wests are to offload him, and how prepared the Titans are to play hard ball.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:49 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
Nelson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:57 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
With us zero chance of signing a top notch player at the height of their game we should be looking at players who are road blocked at the good clubs, or players who are In the top 17 at good clubs who are on average money because of salary cap constraints. We need some big fast and competitive players ...both forwards and backs.

I know easier said than done, but their must be some real quality at clubs like Penrith,Sharks, Storm,Chooks and Dragons caught in a road block. A bloke like Joe Stimson at the Storm is one who comes to mind. Okay they might be under contract, but contracts can be broken
Hoffman retires at the end of the year though and Stimson is probably a fair chance of partnering Kaufusi in the 2nd row at Melbourne next year.
is he related to the legend Mark Stimson? If he is maybe we have a chance to get him. i remember Mark Stimson's comeback game in reserve grade after his accident losing 4 toes and doing a forward flip for a try in reserve grade. Great day.
Yes, he is Mark Stimson's nephew. Peter Stimson, who played a few games for South, is his father. There is another Stimson playing at St Gregs, which almost certainly means he won't be playing for WTs.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:53 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 12:04 am
Some bloke in reserve grade who looked ok a few years ago.
Why am I not excited?
Our recruitment team will be salivating. That’s our bread and butter.

Not playing first grade
Used to show promise
History of injury

Tick, tick, tick.

Hey, here’s an idea: why don’t we try to recruit first grade players in their prime. Worth a try??

Frig me dead - surely it’s not that hard
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:12 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 6:59 pm
TYGA wrote:
Hearing player swap for Leilani Latu who Cleary signed for Penrith in 2014 currently playing Q Cup and can’t get into the pack rotation at the Titans.
Player swap for Bryce Cartwright
I read Manly wants him. Barret and his uncle are mates.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:15 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:49 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Nelson wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
With us zero chance of signing a top notch player at the height of their game we should be looking at players who are road blocked at the good clubs, or players who are In the top 17 at good clubs who are on average money because of salary cap constraints. We need some big fast and competitive players ...both forwards and backs.

I know easier said than done, but their must be some real quality at clubs like Penrith,Sharks, Storm,Chooks and Dragons caught in a road block. A bloke like Joe Stimson at the Storm is one who comes to mind. Okay they might be under contract, but contracts can be broken
Hoffman retires at the end of the year though and Stimson is probably a fair chance of partnering Kaufusi in the 2nd row at Melbourne next year.
is he related to the legend Mark Stimson? If he is maybe we have a chance to get him. i remember Mark Stimson's comeback game in reserve grade after his accident losing 4 toes and doing a forward flip for a try in reserve grade. Great day.
Yes, he is Mark Stimson's nephew. Peter Stimson, who played a few games for South, is his father. There is another Stimson playing at St Gregs, which almost certainly means he won't be playing for WTs.

As someone who doesnt understand why we dont have a formal partnership with St gregs why does it almost certainly mean he wont be playing for WT's?

What am i missing here
Its an opinion!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm

TYGA wrote:
Can the POM confirm this..?

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:23 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:15 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 7:49 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Nelson wrote:

As someone who doesnt understand why we dont have a formal partnership with St gregs why does it almost certainly mean he wont be playing for WT's?

What am i missing here
Name a player who recently we had on scholarship at WTs and is playing in our ranks? It is that the Club does not see the value anymore in doing this, are we not able to compete for the cream of the NSW country junior talent or, has the club made a decision that the inner west is more productive in terms of junior development and recruitment? Lawrence is the last name player I can thing of who is a St Gregory's product but even then he is a Campbelltown junior.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:32 pm

Campbelltown is the second biggest catchment area in Sydney, only behind Penrith. When you look at the amount of juniors coming out of the Panthers backside, it makes what we are doing with our junior development program a laughing stock.

We need to poach Gus.

the third

Post by the third » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:42 pm

I’d rather Roosters style recruitment over panthers any day of the week. #sombrero

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:43 pm

Look i know under Jason Taylor we changed tact and had a focus away from Keebre etc but surely someone in the new regime can see the benefit of linking with St Gregs.

Ridiculous.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:44 pm

the third wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:42 pm
I’d rather Roosters style recruitment over panthers any day of the week. #sombrero
Hi Jason
Its an opinion!

the third

Post by the third » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:49 pm

Just sign Ian Schubert already. Surely our $1m plus tpa’s Organised through our venture capitol comapanise pare all good. Surely.

The nrl assumes we are all stupid and don’t know what’s going on.

the third

Post by the third » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:50 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:44 pm
the third wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi Jason
Thanks Donald

the third

Post by the third » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:01 pm

the third wrote:
Sat 14 Jul, 2018 8:49 pm
Just sign Ian Schubert already. Surely our $1m plus tpa’s Organised through our venture capitol comapanise pare all good. Surely.

The nrl assumes we are all stupid and don’t know what’s going on.
Spelling may have been a problem in my youth. As I get older I blame autocorrect :roll

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:40 pm

Part 1: So the Sharks sign Morris for 2 years at 210k per year - I sure hope we at least had a look at him as I would of paid 300k for him every day of the week... Once again the sharks are the new roosters with brown paper bags..

Part 2: With all the players we have let go you would hope there is a few signing coming and hopefully announced in the next few weeks.. I think Farah will sign for 1 more year as he looks good still and better than what we have including Liddle.

I think it would be a big boost for the fans to atleast know something.