Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

The Patriot

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by The Patriot » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 7:26 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 7:07 pm
Look
If TP Junior had an offer from the Tigers for say $650000 and that was the largest offer then that would be his Value
If he decides that he wants to sign with the Roosters for $450000 that's fine
But $650000 should come off the Roosters cap
You cant keep on paying players under their actual value (which is set by bidding clubs) on the books while topping it up with third party payments and expect a fair and close competition
Agree 100%.

put all contracts and contract negotiations through the NRL and make it a level playing field.
Its an opinion!

Post by 851 » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 7:36 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 6:22 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm
Pangai has broken his ankle always a lottery how these things heal each individual is different. TNT comes to mind
Su'A did his ankle? Pangai was a rib cartilage.

I wonder about Roosters... sure Hall is a good footballer but their last star English winger signing didn't work out at all; I would have thought they'd be a bit more cautious about this. The rumour says it's a big value deal, which if true, is questionable for a winger - of course ignoring all the commentary that Roosters can play top-dollar for their entire squad.
Kent just said on FOX, that the Hall deal is all but done, has not heard anything about Morris though
Go hard or go home

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 7:46 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 7:36 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 6:22 pm
Snake wrote:
Pangai has broken his ankle always a lottery how these things heal each individual is different. TNT comes to mind
Su'A did his ankle? Pangai was a rib cartilage.

I wonder about Roosters... sure Hall is a good footballer but their last star English winger signing didn't work out at all; I would have thought they'd be a bit more cautious about this. The rumour says it's a big value deal, which if true, is questionable for a winger - of course ignoring all the commentary that Roosters can play top-dollar for their entire squad.
Kent just said on FOX, that the Hall deal is all but done, has not heard anything about Morris though
Just consider it all but done as well. Plenty of room left in the cap for a few big name buys.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Look
If TP Junior had an offer from the Tigers for say $650000 and that was the largest offer then that would be his Value
You cant keep on paying players under their actual value (which is set by bidding clubs) on the books while topping it up with third party payments and expect a fair and close competition
Brilliant idea.That would provide complete parity. Third party payments could then be considered not part of the cap and the Roosters could give each of their players 20 million in 3rd party for all I care as if they had to pay a market vale for someone as per your TP idea then ALL teams would operate under a salary cap/system that would provide complete parity.

It would be easier to implement than you think too.Using your example, Once Wests Tigers said they would pay $650,000 a season for TP they would need to sign a legally binding tender saying as much. Surely the Influential RLPA would be for this because it would mean more money for their players too with unlimited 3rd party agreements.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 8:42 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 5:30 pm
Time for all supporters from all clubs to boycott the Roosters home games
Make it obvious that all of us supporters from all clubs disapprove of the way the Roosters are going for all the top and elite players and using third party payments to do it
What's worse is the Nrl are letting it happen
Until us supporters as a whole band together the nrl will continue to allow this to happen

Why is it that these elite players only seem to get these substantial third party payments at only a few clubs

The Roosters only have a small following and support group which from an investment perspective cant be appealing to those paying these third party payments

Also how is it that when a player joins a club like the Roosters all of a sudden they are being paid substantial third party payments
You cant tell me the club hasnt organized it prior to the signing taking place
It's not like a player has just joined the league

The salary cap and third party payments is an absolute farce
It is a disgraceful situation and there is clearly no level playing field which I believe was part of the reason for setting this up in the first place

The question is when is the Nrl going to grow some balls and put a stop to this farce so all supporters can enjoy some success at different times
I agree but you're wasting your breath. I said something very similar last year re boycotting Capons games. But it wouldn't make any difference. The Capons don't care and the NRL will continue to turn a blind eye.
I've decided to continue to delude myself that the NRL is a level playing field for the time being. But I maintain the right to change my mind at any time in the near future. It won't take much to see the back of me, but again I'm sure the NRL won't miss me.
"Quality Stupidity"

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm

will1999 wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 4:22 pm
Roosters should be unbeatable next year with the players they are getting
I think that's the point, trying to buy the Premiership. I hope they end up gathering themselves a team of individual superstars that have no cohesion, no teamwork and no idea how to play together :lol:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 9:09 pm

Why didn’t we sign Usain Bolt ?

We need more speed !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 9:52 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 9:09 pm

We need more speed !
Darren Clark worked out so well for us.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

on the hill

Post by on the hill » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 10:01 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 8:42 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 5:30 pm
Time for all supporters from all clubs to boycott the Roosters home games
Make it obvious that all of us supporters from all clubs disapprove of the way the Roosters are going for all the top and elite players and using third party payments to do it
What's worse is the Nrl are letting it happen
Until us supporters as a whole band together the nrl will continue to allow this to happen

Why is it that these elite players only seem to get these substantial third party payments at only a few clubs

The Roosters only have a small following and support group which from an investment perspective cant be appealing to those paying these third party payments

Also how is it that when a player joins a club like the Roosters all of a sudden they are being paid substantial third party payments
You cant tell me the club hasnt organized it prior to the signing taking place
It's not like a player has just joined the league

The salary cap and third party payments is an absolute farce
It is a disgraceful situation and there is clearly no level playing field which I believe was part of the reason for setting this up in the first place

The question is when is the Nrl going to grow some balls and put a stop to this farce so all supporters can enjoy some success at different times
I agree but you're wasting your breath. I said something very similar last year re boycotting Capons games. But it wouldn't make any difference. The Capons don't care and the NRL will continue to turn a blind eye.
I've decided to continue to delude myself that the NRL is a level playing field for the time being. But I maintain the right to change my mind at any time in the near future. It won't take much to see the back of me, but again I'm sure the NRL won't miss me.
Given their crowds, I thought there was already a boycott of Chooks' games?

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 10:41 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Look
Brilliant idea.That would provide complete parity. Third party payments could then be considered not part of the cap and the Roosters could give each of their players 20 million in 3rd party for all I care as if they had to pay a market vale for someone as per your TP idea then ALL teams would operate under a salary cap/system that would provide complete parity.

It would be easier to implement than you think too.Using your example, Once Wests Tigers said they would pay $650,000 a season for TP they would need to sign a legally binding tender saying as much. Surely the Influential RLPA would be for this because it would mean more money for their players too with unlimited 3rd party agreements.
But what if Cowboys offered brooks 700k a season and the tigers could only offer him 600k due to salary cap. Brooks wants to stay with the tigers because he doesn't want to live in Townsville and for 100k a year wants to keep playing for the tigers for sentimental reasons. Your scenario would force brooks out of the tigers simply because they wouldn't be cap compliment, forcing brooks to move to a town he didn't want to be in. It takes the final decision away from the player so the RLPA wouldn't go for it.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:36 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm
Snake wrote:
It's Su'a with a broken ankle not TPJ, he is playing this week, Su'a's deal with souths fell through because of the ankle injury I assume.
If that’s the case we should sign Su’a if his ankle doesn’t mend he could be our next plodder.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:51 pm

hobbo wrote:

We need more speed !
Kyle Lovett tried to bring us speed , but you continually called him a plodder :?

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 12:00 am

Bob wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 10:41 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Look

But what if Cowboys offered brooks 700k a season and the tigers could only offer him 600k due to salary cap. Brooks wants to stay with the tigers because he doesn't want to live in Townsville and for 100k a year wants to keep playing for the tigers for sentimental reasons. Your scenario would force brooks out of the tigers simply because they wouldn't be cap compliment, forcing brooks to move to a town he didn't want to be in. It takes the final decision away from the player so the RLPA wouldn't go for it.
ahh yes good point.Perhaps the club in this case the cowboys could get a 50% credit in this case $50,000(50% of $100,000 unders) that tigers got him for. So in essence it would equate to ok Cowboys you missed out on Brooks but you now have an extra $50,000 in your salary cap to get your next player.

Lets use the Canberra raiders as an example here. No players want to live in Canberra so they are forced to pay overs for players so if they find themselves losing out with a brooks scenario two or three times they would soon have cap credits that would let them get their marquee player.

We could have a week of free agency at the end of each year for all these contracts to go down just like the NFL and it would be a great T.V Spectacle.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 12:12 am

Leeds Rhinos have confirmed winger Ryan Hall will leave at the end of the current season. A move to Sydney Roosters looking likely.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 6:47 am

Manly keen for young centre to hang around
Manly has offered Brian Kelly a two-year contract extension to remain on the northern beaches.

Several clubs, including Wests Tigers, have attempted to poach the off-contract centre. However, the 22-year-old’s preference is to stay put and will get the chance now that something has been formally offered.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/manage ... 4zs1f.html

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 6:50 am

on the hill wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 1:40 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:00 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 10:29 am
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/17/07/ ... ita-pangai
TPJ set to leave broncos - roosters and Knights mentioned. 600k price for TPJ.
Su'A deal with rabbits has fallen through and still on the market.
We should be going in for both players in my opinion.
if IVAN does not make a BIG play for these two then he has lost me because i cant see much better out there. or are we wanting for the plodders market.
And how will you know he's going to make a play for them? The Mole?
TPJ is more than likely to stay at the Donkeys for the nearly half the money mentioned above.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 7:07 am

Happy to miss out on Brain Kelly. Im sure there is better out there
Its an opinion!

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 18 Jul, 2018 7:23 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:51 pm
hobbo wrote:

We need more speed !
Kyle Lovett tried to bring us speed , but you continually called him a plodder :?
I got a warning for a similar comment 😡
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.